Meet-A-Member

FireKnife

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met up with Banshee_will at AWA Herts on 24th July, he saw I had set my status to "Back to AWA Herts tomorrow!"

and was looking out for me, recognised my mask from this pic apparently

Jimmask2.jpg

How about a few more people put up status updates of where they are playing at the weekend?

Might help us meet up.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I went to bristol airsoft last week with my brother. We were both quite disappointed by the site, although for my CQB fix I'll probably go back. I didn't have much of a problem with the gameplay (although we found it confusing initially, that's expected with CQB sites before you know the layout), or the players (although there were a number of blatant cheaters, nothing was done about them and unfortunately that too, I've come to expect from CQB sites).

The main issue we had was one of safety. Safe zone? Eye protection? "OK guys, feel free to take off your masks now, take the mags out of your guns" people take their mags out, eye protection off, no one clears their AEG chambers, and those that do, do so after eye-pro has been removed.

The little "gearing up" rooms where we stored out kit, within the gaming area (wtf?). I had a few gun issues during the day and spent a few extra minutes after a game fixing the guns, came down to the "briefing area" with my brother a few minutes after game on (although we didn't realise this, didn't hear a thing) and got shot (and not just shot, overkilled) on the way there. Luckily we both had eye pro on (purely by chance, had I been wearing my full face mask it would have been on my head and not over my face).

I've been to quite a few CQB sites and it is by far the worst, I'm afraid to say.

Despite that I'm sure I'll head back, so I'll post here when I do. There doesn't seem to be any other CQB around Devon area, and Bristol is pretty easy to get to by train from Exeter, and the site isn't too far away from the station (not like the Stan, a painful 40min walk with a massive bag full of guns on my back from the station).

Oh, I forgot this. The little team of guys there, all dressed up like Jack Bauer from 24 season 8, gear covering everything, none of them could feel a thing. Someone wore something like this at the stan once, got laughed at and told to take most of it off by the marshall :lol:

Maybe something to do with "soft southerners"?

800px-24_M26_2.jpg

Yeah i must admit there can be the odd issue with safety, however i make the most to get into the small off shoot room as often as i can and make sure it is the only place i take my eye pro off until well after the 'safe' call has been given.

However if you are up in mid / late September on a Sunday game then send us a PM and i will make an appearence, always good to meet others, hence the thread :P

'FireKnife'

• 5 weeks later...

I'll be playing at F&O Embassy this saturday and F&O Asylum this sunday. Not sure what i'll be wearing saturday but it will most likely be non cammo and i will be using a hicapa and maybe a mp5 if i feel in the mood to. Sunday i will be recognisable due to the hi viz with lord elpus on it :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How was the MP5k then Fireknife? has it upped your pistol kill abilities???

Actually i did just as well with the pistol as i did with the MP5K, the only difference was people actually took hits from my MP5K as i could put a burst into them.

However at some point i still have Warminster, Reading, Kidderminster (if it stays open), CSW, GZU and finally just to finish the set GZW. Anyone a regular there then give us a shout, or if you are local to me (Bristol) and want a lift also give me a shout. :P

'FireKnife'

Ironically this is probably one of the few decent pics of my face when not obscured by beard (stupid facial expression but can't have everything...

250458_1907283194269_1007482110_31837105_7512830_n.jpg

i usually wear far more clothes. In sheffield atm but have no transport most of the time, if anyone wants a tagalong in the south yorks area and doesn't mind picking me up (I'll spring for petrol money of course), drop me a line :)

Archived