Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

I have some genuine Oakley BatWolf in matte black with violet iridium lenses (the best lenses), some Radarlock in black with blue Iridium lenses and two pairs of Chinese radarclock Joke-leys because the lenses are compatible and it allowed me to get spare blue iriduim, red iridium, orange, yellow, clear, smoke and polarised dark lenses for about $30.

The mark-up on Oakleys infuriates me but the lens quality is pretty good.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to get my mitts on Oakley Radar Path in blue few years back. The blue Iridium lenses made it quite a striking set, but alas, lenses aren't scratch proof, and I need to get a new Idirum lens, although I wonder if there'd be non-glare black or very dark lens available...

Managed to get my mitts on Oakley Radar Path in blue few years back. The blue Iridium lenses made it quite a striking set, but alas, lenses aren't scratch proof, and I need to get a new Idirum lens, although I wonder if there'd be non-glare black or very dark lens available...

There are a lot of makers of "compatible" lenses on ebay that are of pretty high quality.

Got the promotion. And with it a contract for guaranteed minimum hours of 32 despite I'll be doing probably closer to 50.

No longer will I have to wear white shirts in a pub (terrible idea in my opinion), have to walk to the till I'm assigned to or call upon a manager or grab their fob to sort refunds or discounts.

Most people are excited by the free food but I'm not really fussed. Still if I find some healthy meal options to choose from.

Well done tw1tch. A bit of advise, when the till engineers come in, make sure they get a coffee. I'm always amazed by how inhospitable some people in the hospitality industry can be :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Engineers, or technicians?

:P

Well done tw1tch. A bit of advise, when the till engineers come in, make sure they get a coffee. I'm always amazed by how inhospitable some people in the hospitality industry can be :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always ensure the contractors/draypersons get a coffee or a pepsi. It does no good to upset those who supply and support you.

Please do!

20150606_210830_zpszhz5lynq.jpg

Just for scale, the tray it's served on is about 16" long.

The sides came in separate bowls, the burnt end beans were especially good. (and probably about 40% meat)

Even the sautéed greens had bacon bits in. 

The number of smokehouse and barbecue restaurants around is too damn low.

Come to London you can't move for the things! Not that it is a bad thing.

Though seeing coleslaw reduced to "slaw" adds about 40 years to my mental age and makes me contemplate a letter to the telegraph

Got any recommendations Skarclaw?  I tend to get dragged to some pretentious, overpriced restaurant whenever I'm in London.  Would be nice to go to a decent BBQ place once in a while

Agreed on the 'slaw thing.  Just :stop:

Archived