Schnitzel with noodles - what made you smile today?

amateurstuntman

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got asked to sweep and scrub the cellar today, I forgot just how many corridors we have, so it took me several hours hard graft, several hours away from people, plus I used it as an excuse to buy some DPM trousers from next door hah.

Edit: I appreciate I just abused the comma but cbf to fix it on my phone.

It is, you put beans in the back, water in the side, press button and go. None of this automated Nescafe stuff, it is filled with Blue Mountain Blend at the mo.

If that is 'some' I dread to think what lots would have yeilded. Good it never really goes off then :P.

'FireKnife'

Wait wait wait wait wait.

You've gone from catering tins of nescafe to a bean to cup machine with BLUE MOUNTAIN!? freaking JAMACAN BLUE MOUNTAIN!?

Just.. just stop.

you've reached coffee nirvana. 

The only way to get it better would be to buy a nice burr grinder and some pour over cones (Hario V60) or a Chemex if you're making for more than one person.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

I know this is going to raise a lot of eyebrows but it is coffee, provided free by work. Yes it is a lot nicer and I am happy work provided but I drink it because it is there and it is nice to have as the cold days set in. Aside from that I wouldn't really know the difference as I am not a huge coffee fan.

Oh and just for the record it is a Berg Stile 100 Bean to Cup Coffeemaker fed a bag of Blue Mountain but I can't remember the exact blend. I have no idea what that really means or how good that is but it makes decent coffee and is provided free by work.

'FireKnife'

My workplace provides nothing, except for an old second hand fridge and an ASDA price kettle twice a year (it can't handle being boiled 15-20 times a day for longer than that).

You wouldn't think that the company makes ~£1.5m gross per month.

Looking forward to my Christmas bonus of a £20 Amazon voucher this year... yay.

Edit: on topic, what made me happy today was visiting my girlfriend in Aberdeen since Saturday. Flying back to southern England now, once I get out of this bloomin departure lounge. I'm getting lots of positive comments on my huge curly moustache though, so that makes me smile too :) shame it's nearing the end of its life...

I know this is going to raise a lot of eyebrows but it is coffee, provided free by work. Yes it is a lot nicer and I am happy work provided but I drink it because it is there and it is nice to have as the cold days set in. Aside from that I wouldn't really know the difference as I am not a huge coffee fan.

Oh and just for the record it is a Berg Stile 100 Bean to Cup Coffeemaker fed a bag of Blue Mountain but I can't remember the exact blend. I have no idea what that really means or how good that is but it makes decent coffee and is provided free by work.

'FireKnife'

Holy that's a nice looking machine.

If that was available at my work I'd gladly pay for the use of it. Easily worth £10 a week to me.

Find out the info about the beans for me, I'd be interested to know. 

This is your chance to get into coffee. Use it wisely.

Coffee comes from a jar in the supermarket.

Goes in a mug with tons of sugar and milk.

None of your fancy la-de-da *badger*s baristas and coffee machines and Colombian roasts. Nescafe. I like the popping sound as you break the paper seal of a new jar with a spoon.

Well the coffee-thingy we have was only new installed and has a meter that tells you who has had what.

Only one guy at work has espresso so it is very easy to check how many he has :P.

What makes me laugh is at work we have a lot of numbers and figures reports, one of which, for a joke is the coffee report.

It was hilarious until the Belgians sent back their coffee report, damn they drink a lot more per person than we do.

And I will find out Tink but it comes in a large 1kg a time brown refill bag is that helps?

Plus it is a step up from my old workplace, there we got a cut price kettle and that was it. Too bad I can't have the workers from my old job and the free stuff and location of my new one. Oh well can't have all ;).

'FireKnife'

Well the coffee-thingy we have was only new installed and has a meter that tells you who has had what.

Only one guy at work has espresso so it is very easy to check how many he has :P.

What makes me laugh is at work we have a lot of numbers and figures reports, one of which, for a joke is the coffee report.

It was hilarious until the Belgians sent back their coffee report, damn they drink a lot more per person than we do.

And I will find out Tink but it comes in a large 1kg a time brown refill bag is that helps?

Plus it is a step up from my old workplace, there we got a cut price kettle and that was it. Too bad I can't have the workers from my old job and the free stuff and location of my new one. Oh well can't have all ;).

'FireKnife'

You need to get me one of those bags. Post haste.

Holy ###### that's a nice looking machine.

If that was available at my work I'd gladly pay for the use of it. Easily worth £10 a week to me.

Find out the info about the beans for me, I'd be interested to know. 

This is your chance to get into coffee. Use it wisely.

Reminds me of:

My company provides tea, coffee, boiling water, chilled water, a thermos each, a water bottle each, an umbrella, two pairs of boots, three pairs of trousers, 6 polo shirts, 2 hi vis polo shirts, two fleeces, a jacket, a plastic helmet, a face warmer/helmet insulator, thermal longjohns, waterproof trousers, a bag, coveralls, gloves, socks, two lockers, changing facilities with showers, laundry facilities, shelters where we have to work outside and good rates of pay.

They also have an excellent pension and are part of the cycle to work scheme, a Bupa dental scheme, a pay deduction share scheme, a pay deduction tablet scheme.

Since working here I have been trained and qualified in dozens of topics at a cost of thousands of pounds.

The last few years we have had at least a 2% pay rise and the bonus has been over £1000.

They could spring for some milk though, bastards...

My company provides tea, coffee, boiling water, chilled water, a thermos each, a water bottle each, an umbrella, two pairs of boots, three pairs of trousers, 6 polo shirts, 2 hi vis polo shirts, two fleeces, a jacket, a plastic helmet, a face warmer/helmet insulator, thermal longjohns, waterproof trousers, a bag, coveralls, gloves, socks, two lockers, changing facilities with showers, laundry facilities, shelters where we have to work outside and good rates of pay.

They also have an excellent pension and are part of the cycle to work scheme, a Bupa dental scheme, a pay deduction share scheme, a pay deduction tablet scheme.

Since working here I have been trained and qualified in dozens of topics at a cost of thousands of pounds.

The last few years we have had at least a 2% pay rise and the bonus has been over £1000.

They could spring for some milk though, bastards...

My company provides nothing. The kettle was brought in my one of the engineers, we bring in our own tea coffee and milk. Sometimes, the directors come in and help themselves to said tea coffee and milk never bringing their own or chipping in for it despite having just sold the company for £3.5m. We're under paid, over worked, and get no sick pay or benefits. I only have 2 uniform polo shirts, because there were 3 left in the cupboard to divide between 2 of us and we had to rock paper scissors to see who got a second.

We were all also employed on the basis that it was a starting wage that would go up after probation, which turned out to be an out and out lie.

And on top of all of this, we get to work under a depot manager that treats the place like his own private fiefdom where he can do no wrong. He makes major cock ups and blames other staff for them when it is quite clearly his fault and will leave a customer waiting in the showroom for 25 minutes before sorting their problem because he is holding an inquisition to assign blame first.

Oh wait. Wrong thread...

Got any jobs going Stunt? I make a wicked brew and don't mind being a broom *badgeress*.

For Tink: This is what we have at work, http://www.nextdaycoffee.co.uk/store/nairobi-blue-mountain-coffee-beans-6kg-485

And scorch you need a new job :P. Even mine isn't that bad and they make us pay for the payday lunches, though we do get £40 a person for Christmas work lunch which is kinda nice :P.

EDIT: Managed to send my 1911A1 away and it arrived! Now to ask them why the Glock I sent didn't as it was sent using the same guidelines. Stupid RM.

'FireKnife'

Depends on the contents of the posh sandwich :P.

Also since when did they do mango and lime Ribena? I just recall there being 'Ribena' flavour Ribena and that terrible no added sugar one.

To add to the happy thread, get to go try out my M&P9 and XDM in a few hours in an evening of games, winning.

'FireKnife'

Cherry Coke to me taste like how I would imagine and liquidated cherry bakewell would taste. I recall it being more flavour and sugar back when I was a kid.

As for Ribena, glad to see that still tastes nice, you just need to mix it in a 1/4 ratio, not the 1/5 that the bottle tells you to :D.

Plus I could really go for a Coke with lime now, nowhere near here seems to have that anymore.

'FireKnife'

Archived