Market Research & The Tri-Shot Shotguns. Own One?

DangerWerx

So after seeing your pics on the gallery and picking up a new trishot myself i decided to come find this thread and resurrect it from the depths. so when can we get our mitts on one of these rails and any plans for any other accessories like a top rail?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DangerWerx: I do a lot of purchases for one of the largest ROI (Republic of Ireland) retailers, and we stock a decent amount of the DE tri-shots. Could you send an email with details such as MOQ, PPU etc to info@hobbyairsoft.ie and mark it "FAO Kevin" - I'll definitely look into stocking it, as I could see it being popular with a lot of my customers.

Sorry for taking the topic slightly into the realms of off-ness...

I'm more interested in internal parts right now, particularly the cylinder/nozzle part as that is a common part that breaks (I'm pretty sure one of mine doesn't feed because of this part being broken) and probably the trigger parts as there are a few cases of those breaking (though I've never broken one)

Though I am somewhat interested in the top rail, how are you planning for it to be attached? There is precious little material to screw into so are you planning an "outer body" shell like some of the M870 top rails?

i have actually thought of a part that may help as well. an easier to order source of hop up buckings may be something to look into. when accidentally double cocked, the shotguns can very easily become useless because of warped buckings. maybe some hop up chambers as well?

I'm more interested in internal parts right now, particularly the cylinder/nozzle part as that is a common part that breaks (I'm pretty sure one of mine doesn't feed because of this part being broken) and probably the trigger parts as there are a few cases of those breaking (though I've never broken one)

Though I am somewhat interested in the top rail, how are you planning for it to be attached? There is precious little material to screw into so are you planning an "outer body" shell like some of the M870 top rails?

Internal parts is a bit of a mixed bag. Because the Tri-shots are only 50-60 dollars, I have a feeling there are few people willing to throw down 1/3 the cost of the gun for a set of alum pistons, trigger components or loading levers. The cylinder/nozzle assembly is out of my manufacturing scope for now.

The top rail will be added in a roundabout way. There is too little material for off the shelf installation, so I have to make another part to handle that. The part I have up my sleeve will give the Tri-Shot 2 other points of customization as well.

i have actually thought of a part that may help as well. an easier to order source of hop up buckings may be something to look into. when accidentally double cocked, the shotguns can very easily become useless because of warped buckings. maybe some hop up chambers as well?

I can look into that. 

Overall, the problem with choosing parts for the tri-shot is the customer's purchasing pain threshhold. My other projects have a good part-cost to gun-cost ratio, but when dealing with the Tri-shot, the ratio is much less skewed. 

Internal parts is a bit of a mixed bag. Because the Tri-shots are only 50-60 dollars, I have a feeling there are few people willing to throw down 1/3 the cost of the gun for a set of alum pistons, trigger components or loading levers. The cylinder/nozzle assembly is out of my manufacturing scope for now.

I didn't pay 60 dorras for a chineese knockoff, I bought the proper one, the Tokyo Marui. I'd happly spend the cost again of the TM (£150 or so) for the internal parts.

You'll still find quite a few TM users (though not as many as the Chinese clone users) who want the internals. Nozzle/cylinder is the first part as are they are the most common breaking point.

I think ED-SKaR has the right idea; making high quality metal internals for the Mauri Tri-Shots, (M3/SPAS-12) would excite almost all of the people owning a Marui tri-shot, as aftermarket parts are extremely rare. Not to mention that myself and many others would be very greatful if you made a metal stock for the Marui SPAS-12. :)

A. How often do you use it?

EVERY TIME i play CQB, and even take it as back up for outdoors!
B. Where do you use it? Field, CQB or both?

Both
C. Are they used often where you play?

nobody where i play use them as much as me.
D. Is it your primary or secondary?

CQB its my primary, outdoors, it ends up becoming my primary before the days out.
E. Where did you get it?

Zeroin forums
F. Which model do you own?

TM Spas 12, i did also own a DE m56c
G. What do you like about the tri-shot series?

it uses shells, its tri shot so i think its one of the most realistic RIFS.
H. What are your gripes about the shotguns?

Not enough upgrade parts, i recently sourced a .9j spring for the spas 12
I. Given the gun's inexpensive nature ($45 - $80), how much are you willing to spend on accessories for the shotgun, outside of spare shells

Depends, if you made me a spas 12 stock i would EASILY pay you $100. put it this way, if you made good quality stuff i would be happy to pay and promote your stuff everywhere i play!

I have messaged you before, about what parts your making and you replied.

how are you getting on? i am after TBB's for the spas. and if you could make the stock i would be absolutely stoked!

To those who have/use the Tri-shot shotguns,

E. Where did you get it?

I. Given the gun's inexpensive nature ($45 - $80), how much are you willing to spend on accessories for the shotgun, outside of spare shells

A) not very often, its a backup if my aeg stops working or if i need to lend a gun out

B )  both

C) i'd estimate that perhaps <5% of players use some kind of tri-shot shotgun. 

D) when i do use my tm m3 its as a primary

E) combat south's shop in portsmouth

F) TM m3 full length, although subsequently shortened and externally modified by me, see last image

G) reliability, i think my tm m3 is over 7 yrs old and has been lent out to perhaps 10-15 ppl in that time as well as being well used by myself, still working

H) lightweight, harder to operate if you are smaller and a complete lack of decent aftermarket parts available (both internals and externals)

I) my tm m3 cost me about £140 all those years ago when i bought it, i would spend perhaps another £100 on top of that to get the shotgun looking and performing to my specific criteria 

i can understand why people are asking for internal parts and also for the metal stock for the spas12, personally though i want someone to come out with a set of inexpensive wood furniture for the m3 style shottys to make it look less modern and more like the traditional ithicas and remington 870's. 

am i the only one that wants a tri-shot shotty that looks more like this ?

High_Standard_K1200_1.jpg

and this is how my tm m3 super90 currently looks

shotgun_mod.jpg

To those who have/use the Tri-shot shotguns,

Frequently, now every game with current loadout

Previous ones, CQB.  New one both

No.

Secondary, but primary for CQB

E. Where did you get it?

Landwarrior I think

Previously TM M3 Shorty & SPAS12.  New one is ASG Franchie M3 Shorty

They just work.

Lack of specific internal and external parts/modifications

As little as I can get away with

Just come back to these, had TM trishots before, loved 'em but sold 'em.  Bought a new ASG version, it's obvioulsy cheaper when held, but for the price it's excellent

I have added some stuff to it

Scope RIS ring on the front to takew a torch

Modded single point bungee sling, this allows easy carry across my back and quick unsling by unclipping one buckle on my chest.  Works a treat

RIS rail from my box of bits, a couple of strong cable ties and a small reflex sight.  This is actually pretty well secured, and leaves the gun underneath undamaged

Pics:

post-40415-0-63463800-1365258358_thumb.jpg

post-40415-0-52472000-1365258366_thumb.jpg

post-40415-0-72453600-1365258373_thumb.jpg

i can understand why people are asking for internal parts and also for the metal stock for the spas12, personally though i want someone to come out with a set of inexpensive wood furniture for the m3 style shottys to make it look less modern and more like the traditional ithicas and remington 870's. 

am i the only one that wants a tri-shot shotty that looks more like this ?

and this is how my tm m3 super90 currently looks

You arent the only one who wishes for a traditional stock. producing a full stock is a bit difficult for me. a possible Remington to tri-shot adapter might be in order. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've bought one, Modified it and planning to use it as a spare weapon for game days. 

Accessories, looking at around £20 for sling/shell holders, make other onces if needed myself.

Main use, for when the AEG invariably goes belly up.

Value(Definitely) very very useful in games. 

Mod's I'd like to do.  1 Make an inline pre-cocker. etc.

• 3 weeks later...

That would be true if there were more expensive, higher quality options. But there aren't. Right now atleast, if someone wants to spend more money on a higher quality tri-shot shotgun their only option is to buy the cheap gun and upgrade it.

Archived