Market Research & The Tri-Shot Shotguns. Own One?

DangerWerx

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A. Not often enough/whenever I can get the chance :P

B. Both

C. Sometimes, usually two-tones

D. Primary

E. Second-hand /new/spares

F. TM M3 shorty, De m3 shorty, De m3 fullstock/long

G. Looks, feel, shells, three shots

H. Not enough upgrades (metal bodies!, tightbores, hop-rubbers, upgrade springs)

I. Depends, things like replacement internals, I would expect at AEG prices or a bit above, externally a metal body would be very nice, don't care for trades but something a bit sturdier.

How about polycarbonate instead of aluminum? Can still take a beating but won't cost as much especially with larger batches.

That's the problem, it'd have to be a large batch (5000+) given the huge expense of injection moulds, machining them should require a much smaller outlay but the price per unit would be higher, if DW can't afford to a run of machined ones there is no way he can afford to get a mould making to do them in a plastic.

My DE has never had a problem, but the shells with it broke pretty quickly. I generally use it as a backup in case both gas and electricity fail me, as they so often do. It doesn't get much use at the moment though as it's in pieces so I can shorten it down and replace some of the aesthetic parts. - They're so cheap, that you don't mind turning it into a project if you're a bit bored - if you mess up it won't take much to replace.

the majority of complaints and suggestions say that internals are the way to go and i agree rails are a cool starting point but let me know when i can pump that *badgeress* and not worry im going to break it XD

A. How often do you use it?

Allmost all the time in CQB

B. Where do you use it? Field, CQB or both?

Only CQB

C. Are they used often where you play?

Not at all, most people use AEG's or pistols for CQB

D. Is it your primary or secondary?

Primary in CQB

E. Where did you get it?

Belgian airsoft store

F. Which model do you own?

Tokyo Marui M3 Shorty

G. What do you like about the tri-shot series?

Doesn't need any battery or gas, just regular manpower. Always handy to take with you as a backup gun. Shoots good for the fps given.

H. What are your gripes about the shotguns?

Kinda cumbersome to attach a decent flashlight and red dot. Feels too "plastic-y". Not really very usefull in Woodland

I. Given the gun's inexpensive nature ($45 - $80), how much are you willing to spend on accessories for the shotgun, outside of spare shells

Considering I paid nearly $200 for my M3 Shorty I am willing to go up to $50 max.

the majority of complaints and suggestions say that internals are the way to go and i agree rails are a cool starting point but let me know when i can pump that *badgeress* and not worry im going to break it XD

Agreed, I have actually snapped a DE in half @ the pistol grip, and the one I am a singg now is starting to get all loosy goosy. Perhaps I am too excitable when I play?

Hi,

I own all types of the DE M56 Trishots, because they were really cheap, they are reliable and beyond their plastic appearance they look good.

To those who have/use the Tri-shot shotguns,

in CQB situations

look above

no

in CQB often the primary

E. Where did you get it?

from various internet dealer sources

DE M56 A

DE M56 B

DE M56 AL

DE M56 C

DE M56 DL

Simple, cheap effectiv

changing the shell can be alittle be fiddly

I. Given the gun's inexpensive nature ($45 - $80), how much are you willing to spend on accessories for the shotgun, outside of spare shells

only for slings, and stock ammopouches, about 10 Dollar each

asvv-cqb-22iice.jpg

asvv-cqb-1mdcbq.jpg

Lance

No sooner had I stopped moaning about the lack of upgrades here the other day than my mate turned up asking for my spares box.

He needed an internal frame from an M3 to determine where any extra space could be found. Currently they are sticking to the design of the original tri-cylinder as closely as possible. Apparently he's in the process of perfecting his CAD files. They are having issues modelling the central area of the tri-cylinder where the 3 separate cylinders share wall material with eachother.

I will update with any machining progress ASAP. Just the prospect of internal upgrades is exciting :D

• 3 months later...

A. Everytime I play CQB (biweekly at the moment)
B. CQB
C. Not that much, but more and more people seem to get one.
D. Primary
E. Second hand, new one on the way from the net.
F. DE M56B
G. Short, easy going around corners, no battery/gas/..., nice spread for CQB and it works with shells  :D 
H. No upgrade/spare parts. I've got a second one on the way because my first one is starting to failing inside. Biggest problems is the cracking cylinders.
I. I don't think I would buy any more accessoires for it (already glued a rail on it for the reddot), but I would spend between $10 to $25 per spare/upgrade part if this ups the reliability.

Every other week in the summer, and every game in the winter.

Both in the Summer, CQB (indoor) in the Winter.

Not very. Pistols predominate, but I love shotties.

Primary. I have other shotties (Maruzen's Defender for example) for secondaries, but my M3 is big enough to go primary.

E. Where did you get it?

Local retailer

TM M3

It is a shotgun. Purely aesthetic.

Nozzle fragility.

I have spent in excess of 300 quid on bits for this gun over the years. I love it.

A. How often do you use it? - Usually shoot it atleast once a week.
B. Where do you use it? Field, CQB or both? Both. Field as a Secondary sometimes.
C. Are they used often where you play? No.
D. Is it your primary or secondary? CQB - Primary. Field - Secondary
E. Where did you get it? Airsoft GI
F. Which model do you own? UTG M3 Tri-Shot
G. What do you like about the tri-shot series? The simplicity and multi-shots. Also no maintenance and last a long time.
H. What are your gripes about the shotguns? The upper body is a terrible plastic and has snapped in one place on the back.
I. Given the gun's inexpensive nature ($45 - $80), how much are you willing to spend on accessories for the shotgun, outside of spare shells  - Got it for $45, would spend another $45 on Accessories. 

Archived