Tokyo Marui GBB Mp7! Here WE COME!

hawaiianjuggernaut

Most of the ones I looked at went on a kind of 'if it breaks due to Green gas usage, and you have been careful, making it more wear and tear' that is fine.

Chucking Green in it and then just blatting it off until it breaks without maintenance is what most places have an issue with and I don't blame them. Yet some places also say that Green is fine for some of the other guns like WE ones, yet I have seen more WEs break on Green and need returning than TMs so far. The only ones I have ever seen the very clear 'ONLY USE 134a/144a' were WA guns, which does make more sense, especially on older ones.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My TM Deagle slide has completely broken after a year of being run on propane, but do I care? No. I'd rather buy a new slide once a year than ruin the performance of the gun by fitting a metal slide.

If the TM MP7 is really good, I might consider selling my KWA to get one. The KWA makes a bitchin' noise though (which makes up for its lack of recoil).

I'm assuming you['re just having a stupid moment NonEx, as I'm SURE you're aware of what actually CAUSES breakages in GBB's, it's parts being put under more stress than they're capable of withstanding, if parts are properly lubricated and free from dirt, they are under considerably LESS stress during cycling.

TM 1911 single stackers hold up to green gas for various reasons. Its more by design than luck. Rubber recoil buffers and metal inserts help.

Marui's newly released pistols are all designed differently...all of em designed to withstand 134a...some handle green gas/propane better due to the design. The materials used are able to take 134a. Because theyre all designed differently, some take higher pressure gasses better. These include the single stack 1911 pistols.

Just something to think about...This is all with use of propane/green gas BTW

Tokyo Marui 1911 single stack series use rubber buffers and metal insert for the slide catch.

*more durable with propane/green gas....no need for a metal slide

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 5.1 does not use rubber buffer or a metal insert for the slide catch.

*results in broken recoil guide rod "tube" and worn slide catch notch.

Tokyo Marui Hi-Capa 4.3 uses a rubber buffer but no metal insdert for the slide catch.

*slide catch notch wears down but no other broken parts (aside from the screw holding the rear sight getting lost on some)

Tokyo Marui M9 Series (the older ones) do not use a rubber recoil buffer or metal insert for the slide catch.

*slide catch notch wears down...front of the plastic slide breaks

Tokyo Marui 5-7...I'm not too familiar with this but as far as I know...no metal insert for the slide catch and no rubber buffer. I know the outer barrel shears off but this is due to the screws for the hop getting loose which results in the outer barrel wobbling around ...moving parts rubbing on each other when it should be clamped down results in premature wear and tear.

Tokyo Marui PX4 uses a thick rubber buffer and a metal insert for the slide catch.

*pistol holds up on green gas...no need for a metal slide

Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle no rubber buffer but uses a metal insert for the slide catch.

*pistol holds up on green gas. What busts on these things however are the nozzles though it doesn't happen very often

Tokyo Marui XDM uses a metal insert for the slide catch but no rubber buffer.

*Biggest concern is the loading nozzle. If you inspect how its built, the nozzle catches onto the top of the slide which impedes smooth movement for when the slide goes back. That means the nozzle stays forward in the hop assembly...as the slide goes back, it catches on the nozzle. Not a good thing.

Tokyo Marui M9A1 (with the adjustable hop...newest marui release) uses a metal insert for the slide catch but no rubber buffer. Everything else functions smoothly though. Personally I'm concerned about the front part of the slide (just like the old school m9 series). No long term durability reports available as its just been released not too long ago.

Tokyo Marui Glock 17/18C uses a metal reinforcement for the slide catch but no rubber buffer

*results in the front end of the slide cracking/breaking off. Slide notch holds up.

This is not a complete assessment for the pistols. I'm just pointing these things out for everyone to think about. Maybe perhaps design is more of a factor than luck with regard to the ability to take green gas/propane. Never hurts to have luck on your side though :)

Note...I'm rambling from this point on.

What I mentioned are factors when I decide to purchase one. I like knowing where the failure points are on a pistol so they can be adressed beforehand. Unfortunately for the hi-capa, A metal slide is required when using a higher pressure gas as the slide catch wears down. The TM M9 (old school) series doesn't have a rubber buffer plus a metal insert for the slide catch...means having to get a metal slide. Question is...why? It doesn't even have an ajustable hop. Cause of this, I'll never get one of these pistols again. Glocks will need a metal slide...how the metal slide is cut is important to me design-wise. Guarder cast aluminum slides are ###### in my book. The front part wears down quick which results in the trigger lock issue when the slide blows back farther than it should. Its PGC, Shooters Design, or Detonator for me...I do install a dual stage recoil guide rod to prevent the slide from traveling back farther than it should anyway. TM XDM...lack of rubber buffer concerned me so I got a Detonator Slide. Action is smooth as butter and the nozzle movement is not impeded. No issues thus far though over the summer, I had been running 134a/152a gas as the hammer spring couldn't punch through a propane/green gas charged mag at 80 degrees F. I have a lot more to say but I'll just stop it already...haha :)

Hopefully the MP7 has a rubber recoil buffer and metal inserts for the bolt catch for starters. Then maybe it'll hold up better than if it didn't have those features used. I guess those of us who pre-ordered em will find out sooner than later. It'd be good if our fellow airsofters from Japan could let us know a few days in advance if the rubber recoil buffer and metal insert for the bolt catch are present when they get their hands on em. :)

I'm assuming you['re just having a stupid moment NonEx, as I'm SURE you're aware of what actually CAUSES breakages in GBB's, it's parts being put under more stress than they're capable of withstanding, if parts are properly lubricated and free from dirt, they are under considerably LESS stress during cycling.

... What the F. If anyone is trolling it is you. You can't possibly mean that some lubrication will mitigate the added forces of Green gas versus 134a ? Seriously ? If anything better lubed guns have less friction resistance and thus the force of the Green gas is free to impact the parts even more than it otherwise would. It's the brute force of material being slammed and stopped by material that causes stress fractures and breakage, not grit an dirt on the internal parts...

I can't even believe what I am reading in this thread any more... :o

I agree with your logic NonEx, more force would be required to move a non-lubricated moving part the same distance compared to a lubricated part. When you consider that the force remains the same, it's suggests that less energy would be lost over a set distance when lubricated. Err... I'm tired so can't be fussed getting all mechanical science on yo asses with terminology but you get my drift. It's easier to move a lubricated part which means that part will be retaining more energy which will be transferred into whatever it hits.

Still, i've never had anything break from using green gas yet and I will continue to clean and lube my toys like I always have done.

Friction will damage / wear out parts over time without lubrication but impact damage is the one that makes slides crack / warp and shears parts away .

The older tm pistols where inefficient with gas compared to the new models and did have trouble cycling in colder weather so a stronger gas was required to make up these inefficiencys

The 57, xdm , px4 ,new m9 and sig 2 are a newer design with larger blowback and don't really need strong gas to cycle properly . Why mess up something that has been designed to work perfectly well and reliably for a few fps more .no major gains are made in accuracy or groupings by upping the fps of a pistol . Which is by design a secondary weopon used for close quarter combat . If you can't hit someone with a standard tm pistol you are doing something majorly wrong !!

I wasn't going to bother sticking an oar in, but what I've read is so completely mind boggling that I feel obligated to.

It really is quite simple - it comes down to pressure. 134a in Japan @ anywhere between 10* C and 30+* C is seriously different to here in Ireland where it is between 5* and 15* degrees.

In Ireland, especially in Winter, running green gas on a pistol is the equivalent of running 134a in Japan. It is doing no discernible damage due to the pressures remaining largely the same. However, running green gas through it on the hottest days in Ireland i.e. 15* degrees C is going to be doing more damage than 134a used in Japan, as that kind of temperature is squarely in its design parameters. It's a numbers game. Green gas IS fine for TM pistols where you're using them in a climate that the pressure is comparable to its design.

That is the point the UK posters are trying to get across, and I cannot see how you can deny it. Saying that green gas cannot be used through TM pistols is as much misinformation as saying it can run it.

I agree with the posters whom have said that it should be an educated choice; it all comes down to pressure at the end of the day. I live in a country that's temperature deems Green Gas to be operationally the same as 134a in Japan, ergo I have no qualms about using it. I have 2x Five SeveN (neither have had the slightest issue), 2x 1911 single stack, 1x Hi-Capa 4.3, 1x PX4, 1x M9, and their new M9A1. No issues from any of them. I also sell TM gear in the store I work for, and we have not had a single return from any of the TM gear, and all of them are being run off of green gas.

I wasn't going to bother sticking an oar in, but what I've read is so completely mind boggling that I feel obligated to.

It really is quite simple - it comes down to pressure. 134a in Japan @ anywhere between 10* C and 30+* C is seriously different to here in Ireland where it is between 5* and 15* degrees.

In Ireland, especially in Winter, running green gas on a pistol is the equivalent of running 134a in Japan. It is doing no discernible damage due to the pressures remaining largely the same. However, running green gas through it on the hottest days in Ireland i.e. 15* degrees C is going to be doing more damage than 134a used in Japan, as that kind of temperature is squarely in its design parameters. It's a numbers game. Green gas IS fine for TM pistols where you're using them in a climate that the pressure is comparable to its design.

That is the point the UK posters are trying to get across, and I cannot see how you can deny it. Saying that green gas cannot be used through TM pistols is as much misinformation as saying it can run it.

I agree with the posters whom have said that it should be an educated choice; it all comes down to pressure at the end of the day. I live in a country that's temperature deems Green Gas to be operationally the same as 134a in Japan, ergo I have no qualms about using it. I have 2x Five SeveN (neither have had the slightest issue), 2x 1911 single stack, 1x Hi-Capa 4.3, 1x PX4, 1x M9, and their new M9A1. No issues from any of them. I also sell TM gear in the store I work for, and we have not had a single return from any of the TM gear, and all of them are being run off of green gas.

Pretty much the crux of it! :)

So gas discussion aside, I'm ridiculously excited for this. Love the MP7, handy that one from TM is coming out just as I get into airsoft!

Though unfortunate as I was on the cusp of deciding between KWA MP7 or MP9!! Well Wolf claims to have some in the next few weeks which means some Arnieites will their greasy mitts on them shortly after!!!

Can't wait to see the feedback.

Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle no rubber buffer but uses a metal insert for the slide catch.

*pistol holds up on green gas. What busts on these things however are the nozzles though it doesn't happen very often

Heh, beg to differ! The slide catch notch does not have a metal insert, so after a year on propane it's worn out, as well as the slide breaking in two places at the front :P

Still interesting guide though, will certainly help my next choice of pistol :) do you know about the TM P226? And where should I locate a rubber buffer to try and stop my Deagle from killing itself again?

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/gas/machinegun/281

MP7A1 manufacturer suggested retail price: ¥ 32,800 (¥ 34,440 tax included)

Age - 18 years of age or older to be gas blowback machine gun /]

To gas blowback model of attractive, powerful recoil firing appeared linked to the adoption of the MP7A1 Seishiki Bundeswehr as a "gas blowback machine gun series, and" real operation and operability!

Simply switch the selector on the side of the body, I can enjoy a full-auto fire and a large force of firing semi-automatic with a sharp. In addition, also reproduced gimmick of each section such as a collapsible stock and fore grip telescopic. Has become a model to load the first shot in the course charging handle, bolt stop and magazine work is empty, realism, such as those in the real hand can be tasted.

p_sub1_121004113121.jpg ic_zoom_01.gif

tx_zoom_01.gif

• p_sub1_121004113121.jpg
  • p_sub2_121004113121.jpg
  • p_sub3_121012113533.jpg
  • p_sub4_121012113533.jpg
  • p_sub5_121012113533.jpg
  • p_sub6_121012113533.jpg

"Main features"

• Equipped with a new engine blowback that employs a large piston diameter of about 16mm: achieve intense blowback. Bolt also operates in conjunction with the launch, reproduce the movement of the short-stroke gas piston. Handgun wave while gas consumption, you can enjoy unprecedented violent backlash.
  • Switched full-Semi: The selector on the side, firing full auto and semi-automatic firing, can be switched at the touch of a button the Safety ON. Selector and magazine catch can be operated from either the left or right, I do not choose the dominant arm.
  • Are reproduced faithfully and folding foregrip, and A1 type stock that can be adjusted in four steps in length, and features a similar style: Genuine movable gimmick realistic. In addition, (decomposition usually for maintenance) field stripping is done as close to the real thing.
  • Standard mounting rail: three in the top and both sides of the receiver, equipped with a metal mount rail (width 20mm) standard Picatinny. Can be fitted with optional parts such as various optical devices and flashlights.
  • Reproduce the KSK site unique removable MP7A1: front / rear adjustable site. It is also possible that can be up and down, fine-tune the impact point on the front side to side in the rear site site, use the kill site.
  • We are equipped with adjustment dial hop without the gimmick own Tokyo Marui, impair the appearance of the atmosphere at the time of operation: hop adjustment that are both realistic and practical. Hop adjustment dial appear in the Eje action raising the trigger port. Hop adjustment is done safely, and easily. [Patent pending]
  • Real size magazine die-cast Departure: 40 Number of Capacity, Long magazine came with a strong die-cast chill. Many gas capacity, you can enjoy a more stable operation even at low temperatures.

I'm sure someone's aready done the translation of the page. But I thought...why not post this anyway. Bigger cylinder type is good. Cant wait to get my hands on mine...less than a week to go and hopefully it'll be so. :)

Archived