World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just downloaded the Xbox version, anyone know how long I'll have to play before I get my grubby hands on a Jagdpanther?

Mostly up to you. Grinding the first few TD's will be pretty quick, before it starts to take longer to get the XP and silver needed. Really depends on how good you play it (profits/XP earned), and how often you play it. Though I don't expect it to take that long. I got to Tier 8's in a few months, but i went across the board. 

Getting back into the groove.

shot_142_zps92b747fd.jpg

Really, how i hate that aim time. How I long for the olden days when arty could actually do something to turn the tides of a battle. Not to mention how the shots like to deviate to the sides now as well as forwards or backwards. The big thing is damage. Even directs hits seem to do very little damage. Sometimes takes 3-4 hits to kill a tier 6-7. I remember being able to do about 600-700 damage, now it's less than 200 on average.

But being able to do stuff like this is funny:

shot_140_zpse4787822.jpg

So many things am broke...

EDIT: Stuff like this used to be possible

shot_067-1_zps43a4f98e.jpg

shot_145_zpsbdb8feae.jpg

Yes, I was that good. (No really)

Bleh arty players are the devil, I absolutely despise arty in game. Really the only reason I still have my chaffee is because I love to cause them pain in the higher tiered games.

Speaking of things I despise, I had a match earlier in which a waffletiger (with its wimpy armor) manage to eat 2 shells to its side.... So I did what any hot blooded man would do.

Used more mass.

shot_072.jpg

Damn near flipped him clean over, hilariously the G.W.Tiger sitting right next to us completely missed at point blank range. So I casually coxed up along side him and emptied a shell into his belly before the T-34-85 poached it right as I reloaded.

Needless to say this was a pretty decent match.

shot_067.jpg
shot_068.jpg
shot_069.jpg

Following that I continued my A44 rampage, ran into a bunch of tier 9's but they where no match for soviet steel.

shot_066.jpg

shot_073.jpg

The middler set of 3 boxes above your tank list you can select an empty slot here and buy one - the only catch is each one costs 100,000 credits - though you can remove it and place it on another tank (think I have around 10 of them).  It's worth putting them on any TD you're playing up to tier 7/8, post which most TDs are too large and lose their camo bonus

There is sometimes equipment sales with 50% off which are a good time to pick things like camo nets and such but they are few and far between.

I'd recommend training one of your crew in camo once they hit 100% if you have want to spend the credits.

shot_107_zps492b7479.gif

The three slots there are for optional equipment that provide some boost. The one at the end is the camo net which you simply buy standard silver and can move to other tanks later on. Like mentioned sometimes there are sales where such equipment is sold cheaper, that's how I managed to get a ton of gun rammers (cuts reload time) and gun laying drives (cuts aim time), never leave the garage without them. If you look at my crew, two of my guys have the camo perk, pretty useful for sitting in a good spot and picking off your prey.

I loved the Pzjager, but this was back a long time ago. Thing could hold it's own against the big boys, but you gotta remember to watch yourself, your sitting in a tin can with a big gun. If I remember correctly, this has good arc of fire no? Position yourself right and you can cover a very large area without having to move.

There is sometimes equipment sales with 50% off which are a good time to pick things like camo nets and such but they are few and far between.

I'd recommend training one of your crew in camo once they hit 100% if you have want to spend the credits.

It's always open to debate - even when there were just 4 skills to choose from, but I'd personally recommend doing Camo for the first skill for all crew on a TD.

It's always open to debate - even when there were just 4 skills to choose from, but I'd personally recommend doing Camo for the first skill for all crew on a TD.

Some people do that but I've never trained more than one crew in the camo skill, I've managed well enough so far so don't really see the need to train any more than that.

I really wish they'd release an open beta for the Tanks part of warthunder instead of feeding the various youtube celebrities that love to rub our noses in the fact that they're playing it and we're not...

I'd also recommend fitting enhanced suspension as well. Getting tracked in a fixed hull TD is pretty much the worst thing that can happen, and the enhanced suspension can reduce the chance of it happening.

Yikes, I can imagine that'd suck. I'm not too keen to invest to heavily in the early TD, as jagdpanther is the goal, and I'm rushing towards it as fast as I can scurry up the tech tree. I must admit the little Marder 2 has grown on me though...

*edit* just saw how much the bigger tds cost, I can afford to invest in my Marder for now...

45UouH3.gif

pewpew

Which game is that?? Have they implemented the crossover between planes and tanks?

Yikes, I can imagine that'd suck. I'm not too keen to invest to heavily in the early TD, as jagdpanther is the goal, and I'm rushing towards it as fast as I can scurry up the tech tree. I must admit the little Marder 2 has grown on me though...

*edit* just saw how much the bigger tds cost, I can afford to invest in my Marder for now...

The Marder II is great, pretty crappy armour/HP but the guns are good and it can move around well.

I kept my Marder II until it was nerfed - even after I'd got my JadgTiger.  Only reason I got rid of it was I needed space and was not going to use it any more (still got my T40 - actually still got 9 TDs in my collection)

If you're rushing up the JP line, all the tanks up the line except the JP4 are enjoyable. The Hetzer is immense amounts of fun with the 105mm firing HE and HEAT. The Stug G (if it's anything like the old Stug) is a fast machine gun TD with a good gun. The JP4 is mediocre at best, so the final grind up to the JP will be a bit painful.

Which game is that?? Have they implemented the crossover between planes and tanks?

The Marder II is great, pretty crappy armour/HP but the guns are good and it can move around well.

War Thunder - It started out as a plane sim but it's just recently started a beta for tanks. Planes and tanks are in the same games and it's fun as *suitcase*. Much better than WoT imo.

Archived