World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just F'in wow. So many times last night/this morning I was in my Ferdi bouncing shots like a baws while dealing mad damage and dumb teams still find a way to really screw us. At least twice I was being engaged by 5 or more tanks at between 450-300M and I took care of business. Just wasn't enough I guess......

*sigh*

But we patch up our tracks and brush off the dust and get rolling again.

shot_188_zps98067d98.jpg

Because we still have those sweet moments of great success.

I've got paid time off coming up...........

Oh found that game.

shot_192_zps89ba3ff8.jpg

Another one or two hiding further back, I slowly wore them down while holding my ground. Notice the JagdTiger running for dear life

shot_194_zpsf26380d4.jpg

End result

So from my time in the VK 3601 and T-34/76/85 I've learned and am better applying myself as a medium tank player. Pretty cool what you can pull off sometimes.

shot_191_zps1d37e326.jpg

Funny when at the river, those two KV-4 were coming at us down the path (only me and a jagdpanther went out west on the map), they kept cresting that little dip near the rivers edge and I'd nail them in the coup, they'd go back down and come up again and I'd shot. Freakin game of wack-a-mole. When we finally moved on to their base, the Tiger II was hiding behind the S-51 like a little birch.

In other news, I've finally left that terrible Type T-34 grind, skipped the Type 58 and picked up the T-34-1. Only need the 100mm gun. Find it to be really sluggish, if it had at least the speed of the T-34, it'd be pretty nice.

So yeah carrying teams is becoming more common for my little T49 =/

kf6q.jpg
vurq.jpg
1xsg.jpg

Replay

Was a pretty tense match this and I ended up taking out almost all of the enemies TD's by the end.

In other news I've researched the SU-152 now but not actually bought it yet as I don't have the cred's, however I'll likely research all its modules using free XP first before I finally take the plunge and buy it as tier 6 can be pretty brutal.

* in russian accent *  Like baws.....

shot_197_zpsc83f4f70.jpg

shot_200_zpsf82c7119.jpg

shot_198_zpsd0ce482b.jpg

shot_199_zps8498f35c.jpg

Weird thing, I hopped into my AMX12T and played a round. Didn't really do too much, still ended up with 60K credits. How?

Any ways I loves mah Ferdi. So much, I'm building a scale model of it and I'm modding it to replicate the Ferdi with the 128mm Pak44 L/55 with that ambush camo with all those fancy polka dots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just researched and bought the KV-1S just in time to find out they are removing its glorious 122mm.

Yay...

I'm also at a fork in the road with the T-34-85 as I can now research either the terrible T-44 or the pointless KV-13. Although if I go through the KV-13 I can move to the IS heavy for only 20.000 xp as opposed to the 40k odd it would take going through the KV-1S.

I think you mean T-43? And it's not terrible. Gotta learn them new tactics and it works well. T-44 is pretty nice, really polished my medium play style with it.

Why remove 122mm? Seeing as the upgrades on the KV-1S all relate to KV-1S hull related tanks, (KV-85/KV-122/ KV-9[u-11 howitzer]) In that case, get rid of the 85 too and leave it with the Zis 76mm gun. Gotta stop listening to the kiddies complaining........

Going through the 1S makes getting the 122mm part of the process while you'll have to grind with the 85/100 on a stock IS.

Yeah I mean the T-43 and I believe its generally regarded as the worst Tier 7 medium, I tried it a while back on the test server and it felt pretty out matched in games often populated with tier 8 and 9's and I'm not exactly new to using mediums either.

From what I hear they are replacing the 122mm on the KV-1S with a 100mm instead in the 8.8 update. 

I'm on the grind for the SU-152's upgrade modules but its taking an age, although I'm not sure if I'll change from the 152mm as it sounds just god-like and when it pen's it can make even tier 9-10's feel the hurt.

*fruitcage* the KV13. I don't recall a round ever seeing one of those things survive.

Also it seems the "whiners of WoT" are forcing WG's hand. The 122 has been with the 1S for TWO YEARS - and now they change it due to an uproar of pitchfork-wielding 12 year olds. Rumor is some nerfs are coming to autoloader tanks, most likely Foch 155 and T57 Heavy.

I simply take SerB's opinion: "How terrible...". If life throws you a hardball, *fruitcage* deal with it and move on. No need to cry because your WoT skills suck so damn bad.

Archived