World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah hah - why am I not surprised to find a thread like this here ... :)

Hello fellow tankers - been playing since the beta though I'm a little quiet at the moment (still play most weekends, but not much - my guild is the same, but then many of us played Navyfield (NFEU) together previously).

Been awhile since anyone posted in the thread....

Picked up a T54E1 and E50. Unlocked a bunch of Tier X's but lack the funds for them ATM. Got the hang of the T54E1 rather quick.

shot_119_zpsc4f6941f.jpg

Don't like it's tendency to bounce, makes me sad in pants.

shot_121_zpsf1fe8e78.jpg

Tank sniper and High caliber, why the feeling of having them made just for me?........and with a "gun with terrible accuracy".

shot_123_zps5f5f2839.jpg

Handling business in my Ferdi.

Was a few points away from doing 7K damage in a game with my 704.

For anyone who's wondering, World of Tank's main competitor, War Thunder, is expanding its closed beta over the next few weeks. The tank segment of the game is IMO fantastic, and even better than WoT at this stage. I recommend anyone who's getting a bit tired of WoT's mechanics (Like I was) to check out some videos and give it a try when it hits open beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Sigh, now I want to watch the series again and also curse not being able to play. Did anyone try out the 360 version, or was that a drop immediately? I read that Russian tanks were not in from the start.

I play the X360 Version the people I seem to bump into are either Simple to Constant Faults or are smart and appear to understand Tank Warfare.

But no their are as of yet no playable Russian Tanks

Never been able to play the PC Version, Having never completed a PC build that could handle it...

I think the PC version is worth it. I can't imagine fidiling around with a joy stick trying to aim and what not. I built my PC with the intention of having a decent computer, but above all being able to play wot. The parts I used are "old" I guess, followed a guide from 3 years ago and it holds up easy to me playing it on high settings, and no noisy CPU fan any more as I pimped it out with liquid cooling.

So no Russian tanks in the 360 version then? So no cryings of " OP RUSSIAN TANKS *U&%^*&^&**^!"

876f8412-bf3a-4187-be7a-18e3b611c696_zps

Well one thing they will all learn one day, fear the BL-10.

shot_118_zpsff3a5260.jpg

This is what happens when you play seconds after the patch gets released (8.11), and yes we won.

• 3 weeks later...

Keepin' the pimp hand strong

shot_128_zps38de4e14.jpg

Got back in to arty. I bought my SU-8 back just to take screens of it for the model I plan to build but decided to take it out for a spin. Still horrible aim time (thanks qq bishes) but you can still manage to do something if you know what your doing. Seems the concept of shoot 'n scoot goes largely ignored these days. Good to see I can still pick off a fast moving scouts at hundreds of meters! One of the best game winning moves I've had in awhile, sneak attack.

shot_131_zpsb68061b7.jpg

And hey, they finally implemented the ammo cook off in game. Poor Tiger I. Side note, I need to aim lower more often, hit pretty low and still ammo racked the Tiger.

shot_139_zps52caa438.jpg

So sometimes, complaining about fail platoons can be fun!

I'll admit, I have had a bad night with WoT so far, and got pretty ###### off when I joined a game with my Hellcat, and saw a pair of Tier 2 tanks platooned up with a Luchs in a Tier 6 game. I decided to complain in chat about it and as soon as the game started, both the Pz. I and the Pz. Jag. 1 in the fail platoon turned their guns on me. Now obviously a Hellcat doesn't have much armour, so I started taking a fair bit of damage, about 185 all told, when all of a sudden, the gunfire stopped.

Checked the tablist, and both of them had gone blue, and had been banned from the game :lol:

I then went on to get the most damage and most kills on my team, despite the worst attempts of the fail platoon. Sweet justice.
adl3NM1.jpg

Sadly I didn't run a profit on that game as the last tank alive was the AT 2, and I was sick of it and wanted it dead, so loaded skill rounds and pummeled it into oblivion.

Finally gave in and updated this to see what had changed.

Not much for the better sadly.... though I did manage to finally get the A44 medium. Its a little strange so far and a little slower/clunky than I figured it would be, but at least now it has a semi decent 107mm as opposed to the crappy 76mm on the A43.

The hot fix sorted some of the FPS and micro studder issues I was having but it still doesn't seem to run quite as smooth as before (at a lovely 60-100fps) with me now averaging a meesly 30 on mostly medium setting.

Yeah I've noticed quite a few people idling in-game recently so I presume they've been DC'd.

Not sure if I mentioned before but seriously WHAT THE ACTUAL *FRUITCAGE* where the thinking with the new german TD's.....

Anyway for me it seems to be the enhanced "tank tracks" option that really kills performance, turning it off gives me a notable boost in FPS.

Archived