World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly there is a solution for the UK:

Sigh, is the "Wonderderp" KV still around, or did the whiners kill it as well?  Makes me ponder how badly this game will end up on the consoles.  Probably starts out all original pre most of the patches, than the nerf festival begins.  Considering you won't be able to do mods, why would I bother playing?

"Sits in sad corner"

The USSR voice over sounds like it was recorded in an airing cupboard...

Regarding a voice pack for the UK tanks theres really no need as you simply need to play this in the background instead which just makes everything British.

I gave the KV-1S a run out last night with the 122mm for the first time and its stupidly powerful but its got a long reload time and the tanks armor doesn't really seem exceptional in matches with tier 7's so it sort of balances out.

I don't think the KV2 has been nerf'd, but they did remove HEAT from its derp guns and replace it with AP instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes even skill is not enough, because you get the brainless sometimes. So luck would have to be factored in, and luck is a *badgeress*.

shot_246_zps784e7de6.jpg

Like baws, but we still lost and I died last (some of us actually know how to not die fast). lol moment when we boxed in one of the T-44's on the side of the hill. Not sure who killed him, I had him pinned and he just went kabooom. And for once, my tracking shots actually tracked the target! Poor Ferdi. And of course, my tango with the E-100 was bad. All shots bounced, even on the side and rear turret, and one shot to the rear straight on.

I got a T71, dam that thing is fun! It's pen is actually good. Don't get many bounces, even killed a T32 by frontal shots, while in other tanks, those same shots would have bounced.

Well, I spent a good part of one of my days off this last week with the delightful task of re-intalling my Win7 and all my files/programs on a new HDD because the old one was dying. 1 TB and hooked up a spare 500 GB HDD for more storage.

Anyways, I re-downloaded the client and came with great success.

I don't normally take out my Lowe, but I went through my whole list of tanks this time.

shot_001_zps5c89abda.jpg

Did pretty good.

Handling my Wz like a baws. Kinda sad when a light/arty do the most damage. Even tango'd with a doom turtle.

shot_003_zps12e8fe69.jpg
shot_004_zpsa8255312.jpg

IS-3 doing work

shot_002_zps5154f129.jpg

Handle dat 132

shot_005_zpsa949dc95.jpg

Funniest thing to happen this time around was going down a small hill and ramming a Type 58 and almost flipping it over. I was firing at belly armor.......

Well first things first. Armor, you have none. Just keep that in min at all times. You can quickly reach 60kph, maneuvers very smoothly and quickly. The 131's good 85 is magic. Quick reload, great pen and it's gold round can pen some serious armor. If you can figure out how to use this thing (not a great scout at all), you'll really get your troll on.

Same thing for the 132, but you can get a nice 100mm gun. So your  basicly a Type 59 with no armor. 131 is the same but with a fast firing high pen gun. High tier games can be hazardous to your health, especially the 132 in tier X games. But when you can ambush a heavy and circle him, you'll  really feel the rush.

I'd say, play them as a medium but be even more cautious as you havce no armor. You can do some light scouting, and you'll excell at anti-scout operations. Second line is a good idea for this tank. Support with your high firing gun and move in to ambush when possible/relatively safe.

Well I've done high tier scouting before in the 1375 and the 1390, so I'm kind of used to it. The autoloaders are sometimes wonderful, but other times a bane, but both the AMX's don't have the acceleration I'd like.

I've researched the 59-16, just gotta wait for a sale to buy it :)

I've always been curious about the Chinese lights myself as they all seem trollish though the new german E-25 has taken the top spot as my most hated troll tank at the minute and they are a real nightmare for mediums and lights as the rof of their gun seems crazy, and when coupled with their tiny size and crazy speed makes them a real pain to kill.

I've always been curious about the Chinese lights myself as they all seem trollish though the new german E-25 has taken the top spot as my most hated troll tank at the minute and they are a real nightmare for mediums and lights as the rof of their gun seems crazy, and when coupled with their tiny size and crazy speed makes them a real pain to kill.

shot_214_zps22187410.jpg

5213911608_b0ae4c9a33_o.jpg

Turn radius, it's very fast. A Chaffee was trying to circle me on a hill once and I turned to follow him and put 3 rounds in and made him go bye bye. Oh and the gun depression is boss. Though trust me, pen is very much lacking......... We are packing a Panther's 75mm gun.

The chinese light tree is highly recommended by me. The M5A1 is terrible, but it gets better starting from the 59-16.

Interesting game with my JPE on Pearl River today.

Pushing north, everything going well, owning everyone.

shot_007.jpg

3 minutes later.... Bridge blocked by E100's and IS7.

shot_008.jpg

IS4 has the right idea.

shot_009-2.jpg

So he make's it down.

shot_010-2.jpg

My turn.

shot_011-1.jpg

shot_013-1.jpg

shot_006-1.jpg

Wait. turning more a bit..

shot_015-1.jpg

SUCCESS!!

shot_016-1.jpg

shot_017-1.jpg

Most interesting battle of the day lol.

So, I have finally started enjoying WoT now that I have my StuG with the disgustingly OP L/70 gun.

Still grinding away slowly on the damn Crusader though... Maybe one day I will own a decent British tank.

I have also discovered that the matchmaking hates me.In my British Medium III I regularly end up in Tier 5 games, which are never fun for a tanks as *suitcase* as the Medium III... Similarly my M2 Medium and Pz38 nA end up with the same horrible matchmaking.

Tier 5, where KV's rule and everyone's packing derp. 38NA, gonna get put into those high tier games a lot in that little light/scout tank.

Normally I hate tier X games, and this time I was stuck in the lowe.... but this time things went well, very well.....

shot_006_zps9818b097.jpg

New personal best.

T71

shot_007_zps072e2cbe.jpg

shot_008_zps886a85ca.jpg

Love this little thing. Tier IX game, and I sat still for a long while. Amusingly enough I was sniping (hypocrite, I hate when lights "snipe") and took the Indien Panzer from full health down to 100HP. Never saw where I was shooting from. Did a good bit of damage, more so than the other high tier guys.

So, I have finally started enjoying WoT now that I have my StuG with the disgustingly OP L/70 gun.

Still grinding away slowly on the damn Crusader though... Maybe one day I will own a decent British tank.

I have also discovered that the matchmaking hates me.In my British Medium III I regularly end up in Tier 5 games, which are never fun for a tanks as *suitcase* as the Medium III... Similarly my M2 Medium and Pz38 nA end up with the same horrible matchmaking.

The Cromwell makes the crusader grind worth it, however its a difficult tank to get to grips with at first especially when your grinding the equipment but once you get a feel for how it plays its a really fun tank.

The churchill-VII is a good tank too and while obviously slow its well armored and has a decent final gun (by brit tank standards) the same goes for the black prince which is a little more maneuverability and has an awesomely armored turret.   

Archived