World of Tanks

ComradeMP1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

skipped the other two, but I may go back to try them out.

The 416 is a tricky one. Hull armor blows, but that's to be somewhat expected. Turret armor is still a mystery to me. Usually everything will pen turret frontal, but every now and then it will bounce something. She is fast and turret rotation is nice and quick. Someone mentioned this, and I found it to be accurate, " like a big ELC ". Not as fast but very much like it, though my rotation is almost 180 degrees. Quite a few games I found that I spotted a few tanks, so maybe some light scouting. The top gun is a the tier 9 M-63 100mm gun. Likes to bounce a bit. Reload time is meh and accuracy isn't great. I've seen my rounds fly way off or high even at moderate ranges. So I play support with it, very TD-esque, with the bonus that you can out turn a scout/med trying to circle around you. Oh yeah and gun depression, you have none.

Still, she's pretty fun and in two days, I haven't seen anyone else with one.

TD-Fu is strong with this one....

shot_018_zpsf0ae8818.jpg

shot_020_zps2615a441.jpg

shot_021_zpsb895ecfc.jpg

6K+ damage

Finally got my funds together for my Obj 704, and on my second game......

shot_022_zps06e56484.jpg

shot_023_zpsdb7d087b.jpg

6K+ damage and a bunch of shiny medals.....

Nice thing, already know how to handle this TD type and the big gun and that tactics that go with it. Not as fast, turn rate is slower but now I have armor! Had a run in with a T57 heavy, but I made out out with most of my HP intact. First kill with the 704 was a poor little Cromwell sitting on a hill, penned frontal and hit ammo rack somehow.

Strv 103 would be interesting. Also the talk of the Japanese tech tree, As I thought the Type 74 would be top tier tank. Though, they seem to be splitting it into two tiers. Seeing as the initial version had an auto loader and in the final version, it was removed.

Been playing the Xbox 360 Beta for WoT.

Buggy. But that's not surprising.

The ability to upgrade your AFVs has been simplified. I'm not sure that it's a bad way, but you no longer get to choose which gun to go with which chassis/turret/engine/&c. So you really cannot prioritize, say, researching bigger guns over faster engines or vice versa.

But it plays an awful lot like regular WoT. And that's not a bad thing, at all.

• 3 weeks later...

shot_025_zpsdfc0ebe0.jpg

shot_026_zpse9d1f665.jpg

Good game. Did over 5K damage and as icing on the cake I took out a platoon of IS-6's (I freakin' hate those dam wallet warrior tanks)

shot_027_zps4b02a974.jpg

So I've destroyed over 10,000 enemy tanks. Cool.

So 8.9 is out there now. Tried the second TD from the new germand TD line. Not bad but 20mm armor makes me :/ . And the super narrow traverse of the gun makes things harder. 88mm is ok, aim time sucks though.

Have T-34-2 now. Decent medium. 122mm sucks hard on it. Played one game with it, all but 1 shot bounced. Grinding the last 1 mil to buy my T69, all modules researched.

T69 is here. Pimped out and rolling real good. Quite good and can be fast when it gets going. First game with it was pretty enjoyable.

shot_028_zps952168c7.jpg

shot_029_zpsec923e4e.jpg

Later games were pretty good to but this thing seems to get ammo rack busted too easily. 90mm gun likes to bounce too, and MM likes to put me into endless strings of tier 10 games.

^ Now I just need some platoon mates :P

Gotta say the 122-44 has been an interesting one for me, I like it overall, but it's matchmaking really screws it over. In Tier 9 games it has a very difficult time, as it's gun isn't really good enough, and it's armour is well... Not. If it had more preferential matchmaking and never saw more than Tier 8 tanks, then it would be excellent, enough of a challenge to play well in Tier 8 games, but not immediately squished in Tier 9 games.

Also, I have finally moved up to KV-1, and hopefully the KV-1S in a little while (with judicious application of free XP from the 122-44 :P). I don't normally play heavy tanks, so this is quite a learning curve for me, but all that glorious armour makes it worth while :D

I'd be quick to get the KV-1S as there is talk of them removing its glorious 122mm gun in place of a less impressive 100mm.

The KV1 isn't the rolling powerhouse it once was and theres just so many other tanks now to counter it or that just cause it problems. 

Its pretty much at that point now and will only get worse as time goes on. I doubt very much that they will ever fix it either as they are often to busy adding new tanks to upset the balance further or simply tweaking clanner tournament favorites. look at the older end of line scout tanks for example, that where once the stable of a good team are now utterly redundant thanks to the addition of the French and Yank auto loaders. 

Now with the addition of the new high tier german waffle TD's (that have a stupidly powerful canons and or auto-loaders) higher end Tanks have to rely purely on high hit points rather than armor to survive.

I think ultimately the accuracy buff in ver 8 odd has made things worse too and made using the likes of TD's much more difficult, since now small frontal weak points are easily hit by guns that before would struggle with that kind of accuracy.

That reminds me does anyone want to buy an EU account =p

Well, at least now it will be rendered right. That IS'ish turret was way too wide for the standard KV1S hull so they did this:

DSCN0349_zps47a67fde.gif

They cut out a part of the hull and welded on a fillet (rounded part around the turret base), so they could mount a larger turret ring for a bigger turret (IS turret, but with a slightly different shape)  {My KV-122 build shown}

I say give use more tanks, keep us on our feet. And those new german auto loader's, couldn't be easier to take a gun out than their's (hit recoil mechanism or breech).... if you can spot them. But then, I usually do.

How about they give us a counter to the batfapper (bat chat), say a "true" auto (carroucel) loader , T-64A.

p98-2l.jpg

autoloader.jpg

Archived