KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

Am sure some people just like to moan. I love the kick it gives. Can't think of a recoil aeg that has the same type of kick. Maybe if someone would do a RATech style test, of the Vector kick and a recoil aeg kick. That would be interesting.

• Like 1

I love how "pointing out flaws"=moaning, I am hardly moaning, but when the review boasts "ALL STEEL INTERNALS" i assume that means ALL STEEL, not just, "well kinda all steel, some of its still pot metal and plastic... but yea ALL STEEL"

if a huge section of the bolt is made of plastic, it is not "ALL STEEL"

I had assumed that the steel bolt I thought it had was the cause of its generally poor gas useage, bit if its so inefficient with just the plastic block, thats pretty sad

also I never mentioned recoil engine AEGs, I mean ive felt more recoil from an AEGs piston slapping forward from firing normally

sorry if I expected more than a really gas inneficient NBB for almost $450

Edited by TnL

Should have done more homework. Theres 5 months of material here, on the kwa website, and on youtube.

Not everyone writes is true. You need to be able to think and determine what is being sugar coated.

Like bankz said...dont like it. Return it. Same holds true for everything else :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sacairsoftsn00py

I should say, I dont hate this gun, I quite like it, its still quite snappy before it gets cold, and the 2rd burst is alot of fun, but I do have some rather major concerns with its design at the same time

Well, the reason for the test (I mentioned), is because a normal aeg wouldn't give a kick (well, a noticeable kick anyway), hence a recoil engine aeg. That way, it will have something to compare too, that some people have said, has more of a kick. Puts to bed the "not much kick".

You could buy the steel RAtech kick and install it, if you so wish. At the end of the day, it's your purchase and you can do with it as you please. That's the beauty of being a consumer. It's all gravy.

While recoil is nice to have, a reliable and consistent shooter is a must. So far, my kriss has served me well. As of late however, ive been putting more rounds at people with my TM MP7 GBBR and my KWA LM4.

The MP7 is a proven shooter and my LM4 is undergoing some field testing with the EVO II kit in place. Recently acquired a third TM tracer unit so I dont need to swap between guns...that went into the LM4. I hate having to switch tracer units between guns. As of late, I've been playing more CQB than outdoor games. Tracer rounds is a must for me when playing.

Also remember the RATech steel bolt high recoil kit for the MP7? Ended up cracking some people's rear end and that's moving on a horizontal plane. Imagine it with the added help of gravity. Some of RATech's stuff is worth putting on and some aren't but at the end of the day its the users choice.

well you guys manage to miss my point pretty well so Ill restate it more clearly

I looked into kriss vector, this thread is by far the most valuable resource on the vector on the net, theres no other source ive found that goes so in depth into the internals, so when I hear FULL STEEL, it means FULL STEEL, now, I also hear, *suitcasey* gas efficiency, so I put terrible gas efficiency and full steel together, and it makes sense, but now I get it, and its a lightweight plastic bolt and STILL *suitcasey* gas efficiency, not because of a heavy bolt but because of a friction laiden inefficient system instead, that gives no advantage in airsoft, so I was dissapointed, if it had this efficiency but with a metal bolt that bucked a bit, it wouldnt bug me, and if it had no kick but great gas useage, I'd also be happy, but....this is just the worst of both worlds

ANYWAYS!!! totally unrelated, you guys have any wobble in your front rail?

my foregrip wiggles a bit from side to side cause the rail isnt tightly held to the reciever, and theres no way to tighten it, its held on a dovetail, not by screws, im thinking locktite under the rail to hold it steady?

Edited by TnL

TnL, I think most people get your point first time around. It's not entirely steel. You also went on about the lack of kick, from something that is supposed to be a gbb. Fair point. It does make me wonder though, did you buy this vector to have a gbb with a big kick, or a gbb that looks like a Kriss Vector?

I bought it because its a Kriss Vector, that replicates the super v system, and it does it well.

no my point was the later part, that I want a GBB with crappy gas efficiency if its got a bit of kick, or good gas efficiency at the expense of kick, but having an inherently inneficient system for the sole purpose or replicating the super V at the COST of performance seems a bit silly, that is, unless the lack of recoil is the payoff, but then why not just lightweight short travel straight blowback bolt?

I bought the vector because It looks neat, and I like unique guns, and I do really find the mechanics of how it works cool, but it doesnt mean anything when the velocity and ROF is cut in half after 15 shots

im considering lightening the recoil spring a bit, id sacrifice a bit of ROF for some efficiency

Otherwise, the gun is a novelty, its neat, but the cooldown is a pretty bad issue

Edited by TnL

I think the kriss is fine as it is.

I don't mind the minimal kick....gas efficency doesnt let me down as I can empty a full mag....

I've posted videos about it shooting in the cold.

Cool down in warmer weather isn't noticeable...where I live and the way I play...pretty much everything about the vector works for me.

But that's iust me.

Do I wish the gun had full steel internals? Not really. The gun has polymer frame. If it kicked any more....itd probably break something and I dont want that...itd have been like the kwa mp7...bust the back of the bolymer receiver and the gun is toast...I'd rather have a working gun for gaming... Gas efficiency would be worse....cool down would be worse. The way its set up is fine for me...

well I may revise my opinion when it gets a bit warmer out, but its still 15+ degrees here, not exactly cold, and I often have it freeze/vent before it finishes a mag dump in auto, sometimes even in 2 round burst the second shot is significantly less powerful than the first

Edited by TnL

You can always sell your gun for under performing to your expectations. Ive been usong propane since day one. I cant remember but I have videos of mag dumps at about 40 degrees Fahrenheit with propane. I should also have posted a mag dump with 134a gas. At least with my unit...it didnt seize up after a full mag of dumping rounds.

Now. Sticking in another mag will more than likely freeze the system at the conditions given above.

Too bad kwa wont be making the Kriss AEG due to licensing. Then people could have a kriss airsoft gun that will shoot at pretty much any condition it was thrown into.

how many people have had their 2rd burst fail? is it a "only a matter of time" type thing or is there something specific that causes it/ manufacturing defect, dicking around inside the gun or w/e

also, if your 2rd burst does fail, how many rounds through the gun?

Ive put maybe 20-25 mag dumps through mine, spent alot of time on 2rd burst and nothing yet, but I've not even had it a week so htats not saying anything,

I ask because there are specific few features of this gun that make me keep it instead of selling it, and the 2rd burst is one of them

Edited by TnL

indeed once I start gaming it, the semi will probably be what I use most, but the 2 RD burst is just alot of fun plinking in my basement, and, well I just like it

also, my serial is 1301426, I assume that means its the 1426th one? whats the 130 mean?