KWA KRISS VECTOR GBB

It has been a LONG time since I've gotten so excited about any airsoft gun.  When they announced the KWA Kriss Vector earlier on this year at Shotshow, I was a bit skeptical as I've never been a huge fan of KWA products.  I've only ever liked their MP7, but other than that, not a fan (apologies to KWA fans out there).  After watching the videos and pics, I started to have a change of heart and the anticipation grew.  FINALLY, after almost a year, KWA finally released the KWA KRISS VECTOR this week.  I was fortunate enough to get my hands on the first batch as they're almost sold out everywhere.  Hot item I guess.  Without further ado, here are my initial impressions (and pics!):

Box Contents (may vary from country to country):

669C5C72-C869-454C-BE2A-13D8F00D721B-746

Box includes, 1x Kriss Vector,  2x Long Magazines (HK only I believe), 1x accessory rail, 1x front BUIS, 1x rear BUIS, 1 QD ring, 1x barrel thread protector, 1x vertical foregrip, 1x hop up adjustment tool, 1x sight adjustment tool, 1x instruction manual

BD36306C-73E6-43C9-B20B-AFB732BF78AB-746

77C87736-0E5E-4E07-9851-F20AEACB8009-746

Externals are solidly built.  Great polymer used and the stock is solid when extended out.  When folded up, it clips into the receiver well.  One thing I did notice was its weight.  With the magazine in, the thing is not light.  Rails are aluminum and zinc alloy charging handle & controls (could be steel but I have not yet tried it with a magnet).

8FA221C5-8406-4192-A4E3-5FB8E99F6A58-746

Fire controls are ambidextrous, crisp and click into place very solidly.  I have yet to decide whether I like having separate controls for safety and fire select.  That said, it is very different in weapon control ergonomics, that's for sure.  Trigger is very crisp.  KWA did a great job with the trigger design.  There is almost no travel.  Only things that aren't ambidextrous are the charging handle, bolt lock and magazine catch.  I supposed this could be due to the side folding stock.  One thing i noticed was that it took a little more force than I expected to pull back the charging handle.  Not sure if this will loosen up over time.  The bolt catch, although not being ambidextrous features a tab which enables you to lock back the bolt manually.

C28D86F1-A88E-4AF7-96D4-0219A6824943-746

EF65251E-6E52-4F48-8873-0DE677B80344-746

As for the magazine catch, I don't particularly think it's in an intuitive place.  It sits a little too high up on the magwell which is fine if you plan on just dropping your mag to the floor, but perhaps my hands are too small to be able to hold and remove the mag with one hand.  I wish KRISS would have designed the mag release on the firing hand.

8571CF73-6A53-443E-94F3-12DE95B435FA-746

OK on to the internals.  KWA designed the KRISS VECTOR GBB to field strip exactly the same way the real steel one does.  4 identical pins hold the entire platform together.

27F4BCFD-A293-452E-AE70-F5CD3CE35A72-746

Inside, you'll find all STEEL parts.  That's right, KWA did not go wrong on this part.  Firing mech, hammer, sear, Super V mech and even the bolt is steel.  Although this means you'll have to keep your gun well lubed, it should outlast that crappy pot metal that we oh so commonly see in stock GBBs.

Kriss Super V System with metal bolt:

81E4BFED-A7AE-4F2F-B857-3A5541F6BDA2-746

The hop up is the new KWA style 2-pronged one.  Still a hastle to tune but at least the tool is provided:

4119782E-436C-4615-8FFC-4FC142B270B2-746

Steel hammer, sear & selector system:
1946B203-02C3-4735-B1CE-5C159133FAF8-746

Field Stripped:

F3CC0DB2-6233-4C8F-A284-FF13BB15BD74-746

Magazines are proprietary to the KRISS.  TOO BAD they didn't make Glock magazines work with the Kriss, but again I guess KWA never made a .45ACP Glock replica.  The magazines are definately much larger.  I'm a little iffy about the mags as the first one I got leaked out of the box and it had to be replaced.  I've put a KWA Glock mag next to it for comparison:

76CCFCD3-2E77-4F3C-941E-53722209CA92-746

893CA151-2623-40A2-A8CC-63FB227A27EE-746

D9555E77-AABC-41E5-A64A-1621E7AE9B59-746

FCB78A4E-C539-4F84-A3D1-61D65FF28AC1-746

Shooting the Kriss is absolutely awesome.  Not a whole lot of recoil (for obvious reasons), but it's remarkably straight.  I ran a few tests through the chrono and it clocked at at about 340-350FPS (~1.4J with 0.25g BBs).

FA669C60-425D-4004-9152-1885EA79F022-746

Some more pics:

96843254-781D-49C8-93EA-A2E46884F677-746

Next to an FPG (lol):

4FA0053C-76EB-464C-92E6-E8E36151DFC7-746

I'll be taking her out tomorrow for a game.  So I'll let everyone know how it goes.  Feel free to ask me questions and I'll try my best to answer them :)

Props to AZNRIPTIDE859 on his moral support and reminding me to get this asap.  Cheers mate!

Edited by Noveske
  • Like 2
  • Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys its airsoft, not shooting real steel and be a super secret SEAL squirrel operator. If you like to full auto dump all your mags in a game that doesn't make it wrong in any way. This stupid "full a

well the bits from KWA arrived monday. (6 days from order to door!!!) IT IS ALIVE! also, 7 screws and a push pin. thats it. everything out of the upper.

Too late to edit my last post, but just so that a fair representation is given.   Responded to my email incredibly quickly (considering the time difference) and has offered to knock up my 5 pouches

Posted Images

And what about recoil ?
I'm asking because KWA Kriss was reported recoilless, what's quite... weird since real thing does have recoil, what's clearly visible on any video with it.
I understand attention to detail, but if lack of recoil on KWA replica is a fact, it seems to be not very well thought and designed.
I guess we are searching for more BANG in this hobby...

And what about recoil ?

I'm asking because KWA Kriss was reported recoilless, what's quite... weird since real thing does have recoil, what's clearly visible on any video with it.

I understand attention to detail, but if lack of recoil on KWA replica is a fact, it seems to be not very well thought and designed.

I guess we are searching for more BANG in this hobby...

I really don't know how to answer this.  It's somewhat like shooting the KWA MP7.  There isn't much recoil at all and the gun vibrates in a more up and down motion than back and forth.

EDIT:  But if you are looking for more recoil, this isn't your gun.

Edited by Noveske

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MRF" data-cid="2588627" data-time="1356086223"><p>

Well it's more like I think that recoil of real Kriss is more or less equal to what we can expect from existing airsoft gas systems.<br />

Anyway, thanks for info :).</p></blockquote>

? I wish my GBBR had the recoil of the real KRISS Vector haha. Judging from videos while it is probably a very significant reduction in recoil for a .45ACP, it still seems to kick pretty good.

Also watch out, the hopup adjustment piece in the gun is made of plastic and to what Boobie said isn't very strong.

Congrats on the purchase and it looks like a SOLID unit from KWA, BRAVO...  But IMHO, again it's on me, the whole reason to have GBB systems in the first place is for added realism of BB...  Without it, I might as well be shooting AEGs...  :)

In terms of Real Steel, shooting .45ACP rounds, one can understand why the KRISS was invented to absorb/reduce the recoil but IMHO for me from a GBB realism standpoint, it's counter productive. 

I'm also on the fence for how the unit looks like REAL steel or otherwise, on the one hand it's got a great FREAKIN' unique/bad *albatross* look but on the hand it doesn't much resemble any standard firearm does it...?  Again all of this IMHO... 

Still got an amazing deal with DUAL mags...  :)

Congrats on the purchase and it looks like a SOLID unit from KWA, BRAVO...  But IMHO, again it's on me, the whole reason to have GBB systems in the first place is for added realism of BB...  Without it, I might as well be shooting AEGs...  :)

In terms of Real Steel, shooting .45ACP rounds, one can understand why the KRISS was invented to absorb/reduce the recoil but IMHO for me from a GBB realism standpoint, it's counter productive. 

I'm also on the fence for how the unit looks like REAL steel or otherwise, on the one hand it's got a great FREAKIN' unique/bad *albatross* look but on the hand it doesn't much resemble any standard firearm does it...?  Again all of this IMHO... 

Still got an amazing deal with DUAL mags...  :)

You could also argue that the sacrifice in recoil to mimic the SUPER V design is more realistic. Let's face it airsoft guns have little rrcoil, obviously iimplementing a recoil reduction system would reduce it to nothing. Its still realistic in magazine capacity, bolt catch, mechanical function, and such and personally, I'd rather have the same firing mech as the real steel than more recoil. While I agree the recoil is disappointing, I think it was a worthy sacrifice.

Great review, as long as you guinea pig testers can run this thing for awhile without major flaws I'll definitetly pick one up out of the next batch.

• Like 1

Just got back from a day spend skirmishing with the KRISS.  Overall I would say I'm very pleased with its performance throughout the day.  I only had one jam resulting from a sticky bolt.  If you don't charge the bolt right it could get left in the half position and there isn't a forward assist like on AR15s.  This was actually great since it got me thinking about the ergonomic efficiencies of clearing a jam for the KRISS.  Performance-wise, simply-put, I was very impressed.  KWA did a fanstastic job at regulating equal amounts of gas on each shot, and along side a well tuned hop up, the KRISS shot remarkably straight and accurately, especially considering a barrel length of about 6 inches.  The 2-round burst feature was a fun feature and performed as it should each and every time.

A179C229-E4D1-482F-A60B-E93624FAA899-758

On the flip side, there were a few things I noticed that could have been improved.  Firstly, the sheer weight of the KRISS is still somewhat a turn off.  It weighs almost as much as a full size carbine (if not more) and the weight distribution is canted towards the front.  I can see how this would have been great to compensate for recoil on the real steel version, but that said, it is quite a heavy piece to run around with on the field.

Secondly, the sling point (which I heard was an afterthought) is not particularly friendly to the right-hand shooter as it is positioned biased to the left hand side.  What ended up happening was that the Kriss would swing around when left hanging on my sling as I transitioned to my secondary (see pic below).  To rectify this, I recommend investing into a top rail mounted sling mounting solution like the Magpul RSA.  A note on shooting ergonomics with the KRISS:  Since the sling mounting point is on the top, when transitioning between shooting hands (with the stock folded out), the stock actually needs to pass under the sling instead of over it (as with most conventional platforms).  This may take a little getting used to.

F1D6FF1E-936D-4CEA-8989-E52BEFDFE466-758

Anyways, a couple more pictures of the KRISS' in action:

FE422292-353D-4FDA-9082-D9D4309F2C83-758

3C47F88D-51CB-4D30-9B29-0AF2A5A90D2C-758

2BB7261E-7AC6-4938-9BDB-855C65283F0C-758

EDIT:  Note about recoil on the KRISS:  There is significant recoil on the KRISS, but not backwards as one would expect, but you can really feel the Super V mechanism working.

Edited by Noveske
  • Like 1