Mysterious AEG spotted on thefirearmblog.com

Mike_West

It's still a misstep on APS's part though - there is no NEED for that cut-out to be so restrictive. If anything, they should have seen what happened to the G&G F2000's popularity once it was revealed that midcaps were a no go*.

*If in case you were wondering, it went from everyone and their dog going "OH F**K IMMA NEED ONE" to "DO NOT F**KING WANT"

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a misstep on APS's part though - there is no NEED for that cut-out to be so restrictive. If anything, they should have seen what happened to the G&G F2000's popularity once it was revealed that midcaps were a no go*.

*If in case you were wondering, it went from everyone and their dog going "OH F**K IMMA NEED ONE" to "DO NOT F**KING WANT"

This

So an enterprising person with a dremel might find a quick solution for that extra material? Can you post a photo of the magwell interior?

If its the same as an f2k you can't cut out the gearbox bump and screw without damaging the gearbox , will have to be a magazine mod or find mids with a recess in the top . Ie the real sword ones .....

Would be usefull to have a pic of the magwell to see i the problem ...

...just modify the magazines? For the F2000 it takes less than 30 seconds. In fact, I have regularly modified magazines for people, doing as many as 15 in 3 minutes. It's the least labour intensive modification I've ever had to do. Much less-so than putting MAG brand mids into an ICS SIG 552

...just modify the magazines? For the F2000 it takes less than 30 seconds. In fact, I have regularly modified magazines for people, doing as many as 15 in 3 minutes. It's the least labour intensive modification I've ever had to do. Much less-so than putting MAG brand mids into an ICS SIG 552

Exactly. A saw is all you need. :)

^ my mind was just blown

The more I see review for this the more I like it. Being APS I would completely replace the internals but I end up doing that with most my guns anyway so no big deal

Major bummer about the additional work needed for midcaps, but at least it is possible ;)

EDIT: just got to the end of one of the review videos and the outer barrel almost looks like it could be a standard M4 type outer with their barrel nut, anyone have any info on that?

^^^ Hmmm so the UPR (the DMR one) is a conversion kit? So that'd be a longer outer barrel and possibly a longer inner as well.

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=10201209851387451 <--- sorry about the facebook vid but it's not anywhere on youtube.

^^^ that one highlights a minor issue with the fire selector being tricky to put back onto safe a single hand from full auto. But then I have the same problem with my MC51 with big hands so that doesn't bother me.

Just got mine right here.

And contrary to popular believe, it's very solid. No flexing of the body.

So it won't fall apart after holding it for 3 seconds.

It's made out of concrete compared to the S&T ABS Tavor.

Oh yes, and PTS 120rnd Pmags long & small fit. the Emags fit just as well.

Unfortunately they do not feed, you have to push them.

there is some kind of button inside right behind the feeding tube.

But I thing a bit of adhesive tape in the magwell will do the trick.

And contrary to popular believe, it's very solid. No flexing of the body.

So it won't fall apart after holding it for 3 seconds.

It's made out of concrete compared to the S&T ABS Tavor.

Anything seems like concrete compared to an S&t tavor , even a milk carton !!!

Wow yeah a railed bullpup looks like another railed bullpup what a shocker. IT IS NOT A RADOM KNOCKOFF.

Different grip angle (the one on the RADOM looks TERRIBLE, and being that vertical probably feels bad as well), totally different magwell, different mag release, much higher top rail, RADOM doesn't appear to be TOTALLY ambi. Also where the hell is the RADOMs fire selector? Tell me it's not that tiny bump above the pistol grip?

There is a vague similarity in basic shape, but seriously how different could a bullpup be from another bullpup?

I see far more FAMAS in the design than RADOM.

Different grip angle (the one on the RADOM looks TERRIBLE, and being that vertical probably feels bad as well)

Based off ergonomics, grip angle has more to do with length of pull. As the length of pull on a long gun shortens, (typically) means increased wrist comfort as the pistol grip becomes a more vertical angle. This is in large part the ideology behind grips like the MOE-K grip and BCM Gunfighter grip. Some shooters were wanting a more compact setup and extensive testing showed that a mostly collapsed stock felt better with a more vertical grip since the wrist had to bend less and the grip could be grasped in a more natural way.

The UAR does seem to appear to be a gun who's LOP appears to have an appropriate grip angle. Whether or not this applies to the Radom has yet to be seen.

Archived