UN Company Raided

Noveske

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if they broke the law regarding the 2J, they should be punished, not burn in hell.

With the 2J limit at least the law is common sense given that airsoft is used to shoot others in game.

IN Belgium, as long as you stay under 7,5J It's ok. (obviously if you shoot someone with it, it's no longer ok)

1J with a .2 is like 328,

7.5J with a .2 is 900fps!?!?

Who even shoots that hard? 

1J with a .2 is like 328,

7.5J with a .2 is 900fps!?!?

Who even shoots that hard? 

Technically, nobody. keep in mind that Air rifles also fall under this law.

You are allowed to shoot, but not shoot at someone.

There is no law regarding max velocity of energy regarding Airsoft in Belgium.

When it comes to Airsoft, the organiser has limits set. And also has to control the players to see if they comply to the set limits.

most are between 350 and 500FPS, depending on what platform you use.

We do have an over-viewing organisation (AAB) where Airsoft organisers and players are joined together. But they hold no legal power.

Well, since Darklite hasn't posted anything after I gave him the pics I took on my phone, I might as well post for him instead :P

So, a few weeks ago there was news being floated around the airsoft circles that a company called V Production Co. was selling a ton of airsoft stuff at a discount of 60% or more and that they were located in Chai Wan, in an industrial building.  They had several King Arms guns on their 'internet poster' and my initial suspicion is that this V Production Co. is another name for UNCo/King Arms and that they're liquidating inventory to finance for a lawsuit; or are selling guns off cheap because, if my suspicion was correct it is probably the same guns that the police seized back when UNCo was raided, which if you guys remember there was a warehouse that was raided in the Chai Wan district of Hong Kong.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s480x480/480215_489191741151564_631234308_n.jpg

Now, Darklite and I went there yesterday (and I went there again today) and I think I can confirm our suspicions to be true; I saw two UNCo shop staff at the warehouse manning the cashiers today (one yesterday) and there was a plethora of King Arms stuff.  There were also some other stuff that you'll typically find in UNCo, like systema tune-up kits, REALLY old G&G AEGs, etc, but mainly it was King Arms AEGs and whatnot.

So, I suppose that what happened that lead to this massive sale is two-fold.  One being to liquidate inventory as I said above; and two being that I believe the stuff they were selling were actually the guns that the police took during the raid.  Now, a lot of the guns looked brand new and untouched; so I suspected what the police did was take samples out of a certain batch of guns (say the King Arms M1A1) and tested one or two of them to see if they are over the 2J limit; and assume the rest of the inventory for that particular gun is homogeneous.  I'm pretty sure they'll be sued or at least need to settle with the Department of Justice in some way because there were 'European' guns that were marked to fire over 516 fps.

Here was the scenario last night at the warehouse:

20130510_211608_zps1165b1f9.jpg

What was interesting was finding boxes of M4 AEGs that were marked "RedFire".  Those M4s under this brand was being sold in the warehouse, and they also had displays of an M1 Carbine (unfinished), VSS Vintorez and a Kar98K on display.  I asked one of the staff at the warehouse and he told me those are upcoming products and are not for sale yet.  Pictures below...and pardon the camera with the funky pink lines; I think I damaged the sensor on my phone so when aiming it at things that are too bright I get those pink lines appearing in my pics:

20130510_220507_zpsb0df61f6.jpg

20130510_220529_zps3260e858.jpg

20130510_220523_zps0256108c.jpg

20130510_220513_zpsbb6b999f.jpg

Now, this RedFire brand is unheard of as far as I can tell and what is very intriguing is the VSS they had on display.  I'm willing to bet that RedFire is an ACM company (their website is in the HK domain) and what other ACM company made a VSS but never got released...?  That's right, Zeta Labs... :P  Could this RedFire be Zeta Labs rebranded based on the fact that RedFire is developing a VSS?  There's not a lot of factories in China that are willing to produce AEG parts (highly illegal) and same with wood parts for guns (airsoft or otherwise) so my suspicion is either RedFire is Zeta-Labs, or when Zeta-Labs ran away they sold their inventory for the VAL and VSS to this RedFire brand.

So, as much as I like speculating, I don't have ANY evidence that RedFire is actually Zeta-Labs.  They might be, they might not given the circumstances that I wrote above.  Let's see how this develops over a few months before any of you who's scammed by Zeta do anything against RedFire :P

Gosh, if only I was in town to pick up some of that 'loot'! I'd give anything a try just for the heck of it! I.e. I think they were selling wood kit Thompson's too super cheap!

You still in HK?  Tomorrow's the last day, 12pm-9pm.  The wood kit is the 1928 version and it's sold for HKD280.  I would know, I bought one  :P  They still had some in stock when I was there at 4pm today.

It's very close to the Chai Wan MTR station (one of the ends of the blue Island line).  Here's the address: Chai Wan Shell Industrial Building, 2nd floor.

Last day tomorrow.............. :P

Now, this RedFire brand is unheard of as far as I can tell and what is very intriguing is the VSS they had on display.  I'm willing to bet that RedFire is an ACM company (their website is in the HK domain) and what other ACM company made a VSS but never got released...?  That's right, Zeta Labs... :P  Could this RedFire be Zeta Labs rebranded based on the fact that RedFire is developing a VSS?  There's not a lot of factories in China that are willing to produce AEG parts (highly illegal) and same with wood parts for guns (airsoft or otherwise) so my suspicion is either RedFire is Zeta-Labs, or when Zeta-Labs ran away they sold their inventory for the VAL and VSS to this RedFire brand.

So, as much as I like speculating, I don't have ANY evidence that RedFire is actually Zeta-Labs.  They might be, they might not given the circumstances that I wrote above.  Let's see how this develops over a few months before any of you who's scammed by Zeta do anything against RedFire :P

Redfire is a legitmate brand! They are trying to expand buisiness at the moment, Im not sure how.

Currently the only distrubutor is in Hawaii, I know this because I know him personally :)

They have pretty good guns. (https://www.facebook.com/OmegaAirsoftShop)

From what I understand, they are budget AEGs around the $180-200 mark with SHS(ish) quality ACM internals with full metal bodies. 

Redfire is NOT a rebrand. Repeat, NOT a rebrand. 

Also a point to note is that making airosft components is NOT illegal in China . The assembling of the gun is illegal but seeing almost all airsoft components have been made in China for many years (including many TM and Systema parts ) I can assure you the component parts are not an issue 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived