TM Next gen vs "old" gen ?

hiawatha

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TM are following the new economic model, that is to try and release innovative new products at a rate so quick that the Chineese are always cloning and producing old hat. Seems to be working, I've got 2 of the recoil AK74s and they are astoundingly good. Can't wait for the gas shotgun <3

Yeah that shape of 7.4 Li-Po does fit, although the compartment is not very generous, and I'd highly advise using .25's in them.

Can someone please tell me what lipo discharge i should go with ?

I never even looked at that before, just looked at the capacity and voltage :o

Would a 25c constant / 50c burst work or should i take a 20c/40c ?

Or perhaps something completely different? 

Thank you

Thanks guys, i ordered some of each.

Trying to find that perfect fit in the stock :)

Havent trying to fire it yet since i sold my batteries with my last guns.

But im afraid theres something wrong with the bolt stop, its like its pressed in all the time and you can drag it out without any resistance.

Maybe i have to wait and se till i get my battery and some rounds in the mags.

But im afraid theres something wrong with the bolt stop, its like its pressed in all the time and you can drag it out without any resistance.

That's normal, it's linked up to the gearbox, so the only way to activate it is either by shooting it with an empty magazine, or turn it upside down and shoot once while pushing on the bolt catch lever inside the magwell... 

That's normal, it's linked up to the gearbox, so the only way to activate it is either by shooting it with an empty magazine, or turn it upside down and shoot once while pushing on the bolt catch lever inside the magwell... 

Found an old battery and like you said, shooting with empty mag made it all fine again! :) 

Thanks 

I've recently found myself replacing anything that's 15c or has 'hot power' on the label to newer batteries with higher discharge... so everything I own now are 20 / 25c.

I run a 7.4v 30-50c 5000mah Lipo in my Marui g3. The gun probably draws nowhere near that much but it doesn't matter. I just want the mah really. Nothing like a solid stock for having a battery that'll last days :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

On the accuracy point:

The HK416D is undoubtedly the best Next Gen gun so far in terms of performance.  Out of the box with no upgrades, it shoots extremely well for a stock gun.  Only the TM M14 can compare in this respect.

But if you match it against a properly upgraded standard AEG...

I matched my tuned up VFC 10" with a 303mm Prommy SS barrel, PDI W hop and Prowin Chamber against a stock NG HK416D that had been broken in.  I was running a M110 spring and he was on stock, so I had a power advantage.

Only other difference was that I was using 0.30 G&G and he was using 0.25 KSC.  Obviously my setup was getting at least more range but also less deviation left and right.  His was slightly more stable in terms of vertical deviation at least in the initial flight path, but terminal ballistics were still quite unstable.  Admittedly he would get better with heavier BBs. 

Point is, you can match the accuracy of a Next Gen model without any special upgrades, just the standard stuff and some fine tuning and fitting.

^ No *suitcase*, seriously!!!

Yes, I know, to anyone who's familiar with the mechanics, it's a no brainer.   But you have to keep in mind this board is filled with people that still believe there's so Marui pixie dust that magically makes guns shoot better.

To be honest, there has to be something magic in them! My R-Hopped TM CQBr @340 rivals my TM M14 @400 range wise! You could argue that composing an aeg with an r-hop to one without is like chalk and cheese, but I was personally astounded!

Yes, the mystic airsoft makers of Shizuoka fold the hopup rubbers over and over again 99 times till they can hop even the mightiest BB!

In all seriousness, the TM pixie dust is nothing more than good plastic molding, and good fitment during assembly.  Most people who "upgrade" for accuracy achieve worse accuracy, because they mix and match different hopup and barrel components from different manufacturers without taking a caliper to the real tolerances. 

To be honest, there has to be something magic in them! My R-Hopped TM CQBr @340 rivals my TM M14 @400 range wise! You could argue that composing an aeg with an r-hop to one without is like chalk and cheese, but I was personally astounded!

Answered your own question - the difference is the R-hop. They're just that good.

Marui guns have pixie dust in them ??? Until you mod or open them up and then they become just like all the other decent guns out their .

Shame the pixies can't get outside and do something with their shiny plastics .

Marui guns have pixie dust in them ??? Until you mod or open them up and then they become just like all the other decent guns out there ,,,

Shame the pixies can't get outside and do something with their shiny plastics .

Me personally if I can afford a next Gen I'll get one (I save and sell kit to raise the cash) reason ? yes you can 'tweak' a standard AEG up to the next gen standard but I don't want too , I want to take my gun out of its box and know once its bedded in its going to be the best I can get . Don't get me wrong I'm not against tweaking your guns to there fullest potential (have done it in the past) but nowadays i just can't be bothered any more . All the next gens I've bought over the past few years have all without doubt delivered outstanding performance for me , hell even a faulty one I bought to see if I could fix didn't disappoint on performance .

So yes they are eye watering expensive BUT I do think there worth it , to the right player .

I love my scar, i really do!

bought a PTW cqb-r max -11 some time ago though, dont know if i will keep my scar or sell it on.

But i must say that it feels so good and the recoil is alot of fun, so sometimes im actually thinking of selling the ptw instead and get myself a recoil 416 to go with my scar :)

Archived