Stark Arms Walher PPQ M2 Coming Soon.

fiddlesticks4220

A few HK shops have the stark version available and as Squad stated they should be just as good, looking forward to the VFC M&P full size, Stark/VFC are really upping the standard of mid priced GBB's, I am becoming a fan boy for sure. So happy with this pistol, its perfect out of the box, really snappy blow back and shoots straight as an arrow, every one should have one IMO.

The models available at TMC and Airsoft Global are the European Version before it reaches its destination, and cheaper off course ;)

Unless Stark decided to chance releasing it as is, until licensing problems kick in that is.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the polymer-type finish of the frame is true to the original,

Huh, really? O_o  I've never held a real PPQ before (I'm in HK so it's pretty much impossibru) but even by comparison to the HK3P Glock frames I found the plastic on the PPQ quite lacking.

If the real one is similar to the Stark Arms however, then I guess it makes sense that they replicate the same-ish kind of feel for the plastic.

Good news!

I got word back from a retailer that they are getting it on wednesday. Trying to figure out if they got the Asia or Europe edition. But I think it's the Europe model because it is ordered directly from Umarex according to the shop.

No, does not appear to be.

The VFC/Stark ASIA version appears to have alot more and accurate trademarks.

I do not understand why. Umarex Europe ties to Walther Europe should be able to produce a more true replica in terms of trademarks than the Asian counterpart made by the OEM.

I also read on Arms-Cool that TAF said that the release of the ASIA version is unknown at this time so they have started selling the Europe version in Asia. AirsoftGlobal have the Europe version on their site.

I am seriously confused and frustrated right now. I want the more accurate and fully traded version, but that is the ASIA edition which is not even available yet ?

On the WGC product page for the ASIA version it has bold text that says "FOR ASIA ONLY !!". Go figure...

Da fuq....

Umarex Walther PPQ M2 EURO Version

uma_ps_ppqm2_eu_l.jpg

Stark Arms/VFC Walther PPQ M2 ASIA Version

uma_ps_ppqm2_a_l.jpg

I will probably just go ahead and grab the EU version ASAP to get my PPQ urge out of the way and then snatch up an Asia version when they are available.

Just have to add that WGC is the only site that has the Asia version listed or even showing it existing. All of the others I have seen available for sale or order/pre-order as of now is the Euro version, even from the Asia retailers.

Even Stark/VFC Facebook has the lesser traded Euro version shown.

I have e-mailed Umarex and asked wtf is going on because I think this is ######...

Not going to stop me from getting an E and an A version, but why would there be such differenses in markings ? :o

Also, TAF confirmed with a video and post on Arms-Cool that the E version can be convertet to select fire. I think it's just that the movable sear is fixed.

May has something to do with Walther not wanting that trademark on the gun? I assume the Asia one was not officially licensed so they had more freedom with it? Thats what I'm assuming. Umarex seems to like to put some differences in there trademarks. Like Cal. 6mm on all there guns.

Notice how WGC blurred it out, which makes me think its not a fully legal trademark, and seeing asia can get away with trades, Thats what I think it is. Seems like they would get in hot water by Walther or Umarex if they sold it elsewhere.

I ordered a PPQ M2 with 2 spare magazines and the total came to 450 USD from a local retailer.

450USD???  Why you didn't just order it from other european webshop? It's sold here in Spain for 120-150€...

See this Austrian retailer for an example:

http://www.airsoftcompany.at/product_info.php/info/p1470_Walther-PPQ-M2-Metalslide--Umarex-VFC.html

http://www.airsoftcompany.at/product_info.php/info/p1473_Walther-PPQ-Magazine--22-Rd--VFC.htm

You could have had the gun and 2 magazines for around 200€!

The VFC/Stark ASIA version appears to have alot more and accurate trademarks.

I do not understand why. Umarex Europe ties to Walther Europe should be able to produce a more true replica in terms of trademarks than the Asian counterpart made by the OEM.

Sadly not. Umarex only have the rights to Walther's IP in Europe; outside Europe, Stark Arms can tell them to go f*** themselves. Umarex can demand that all the pistols sold in Europe must conform to their requirements (i.e., advertise Umarex in their markings to make Umarex look bigger and more important than they are) but outside Europe, Stark not only aren't required but don't want to plaster 'Umarex' all over their weapons.

Remember, Umarex's ultimate goal is here is not to make the best replica possible, it is to leverage the most profit from their licenses. The way they do that is by promoting their brand (so people will buy other 'Umarex' guns on the basis that other 'Umarex' guns they've bought have been good), and to promote their brand, they have to put 'Umarex' on the gun somewhere so that owners and retailers will have to associate it with Umarex. It may also be a requirement of their license from HK, Walther et al that they put 'Umarex' trademarks on there so that there's no possibility of airsoft parts being confused with RS parts, or people associating the rubbish build quality of (say) a Umarex G36 with the real-deal HK.

450USD???  Why you didn't just order it from other european webshop? It's sold here in Spain for 120-150€...

The cost of airsoft in Sweden is absolutely ridiculous; I think it's something to do with the import taxes. I remember reading an /r/airsoft thread a few months back where a Swede was showing off what $2000 (USD) had bought him; his best gun (of about five) was a stock VFC M4...

The cost of airsoft in Sweden is absolutely ridiculous; I think it's something to do with the import taxes.

I get that importing items from the US, HK, Taiwan etc is expensive once customs get involved, but shouldn't be tax free buying from another country inside the EU Schengen area?

Yeah, the deal is that Swedish customs bust down on gas powered airsoft guns, see URL in my sig for a brief explenation.

I could of bought it from a EU retailer and probably had success, but I can't be arsed to risk it right now. I just want my PPQ :D

You are right in that there is no customs fees for items bought in the EU.

Buying from an Asian retailer would involve split shipping, which means fee to disassemble the gun, two shipping fees (FedEx / UPS), etc.

On top of that we add another sweet 30% for import taxes and customs fees. And that comes out to almost the same as buying from a local retailer, minus the risk involved.

I have not bought anything from EU airsoft retailers so I don't know which are good to deal with and are reliable etc.

I also think the problem with EU shops is that they would ship it so that the Swedish Post office handles the package, and that is normally not a good thing, because they are even worse than UPS/FedEx etc. in terms of handling airsoft and/or gun parts overall.

So yeah, basically, if you want to be sure you get your gas powered airsoft GBB in Sweden you have to buy locally. Or you can gamble and do the above process and see how it turns out.

I have been trying to lobby for a change in this for the past year but I am not getting anywhere so... :0

Also, because of all this the Swedish shops know they can charge premium prices for the GBB stuff.

I think after all is said and done I usually end up paying 100-200% more than the straight up HK shop price due to all the ###### and customs.

I paid around 550 USD for my WE MSK from a local retailer, and they had a relatively "good" price on it.

Magazines cost 65 USD each.

On a positive note, I think I managed to source a Walther PPQ pistol case from the US with manual and lock etc :D

Also, regarding the trademarks on the Asia edition, and them being "illegal". I can't see how Umarex would let their OEM VFC get away with that? There must be legal contracts and *suitcase* that they need to follow. It's not like Umarex won't know if VFC try to put out a rogue fully marked PPQ on the Asian market ?

Umarex would terminate the contract with VFC and sue the *suitcase* out of them ? Like, even if they could roam freely with trades in Asia, Umarex would be able to pressure VFC in other ways than legal actions due to copyright infrigement ? Sorry if that came out very confusing but hopefully you get my point. Even if VFC in theory can do that, Umarex would be able to bust them somehow anyways ?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

Oh well... Gimme the Asian edition and I won't complain :P

There are several well know european airsoft online retailers that ship to another EU countries. Almost all accept Paypal and answer email in more or less correct english. Just a bit of google-fu brings lots of references.

The only real downside is the limited catalogue compared to HK/TW shops (and highter prices of small parts). But for complete guns, if you can find what you want, they are the cheaper and better option over paying exorbitant customs fees. The PPQ is a good example of this unless you are looking for the Asia version :)

Also, regarding the trademarks on the Asia edition, and them being "illegal". I can't see how Umarex would let their OEM VFC get away with that? There must be legal contracts and *suitcase* that they need to follow. It's not like Umarex won't know if VFC try to put out a rogue fully marked PPQ on the Asian market ?

Umarex would terminate the contract with VFC and sue the *suitcase* out of them ? Like, even if they could roam freely with trades in Asia, Umarex would be able to pressure VFC in other ways than legal actions due to copyright infrigement ? Sorry if that came out very confusing but hopefully you get my point. Even if VFC in theory can do that, Umarex would be able to bust them somehow anyways ?

Like I said:

Remember, Umarex's ultimate goal is [...] to leverage the most profit from their licenses.

In the same vein as "something is better than nothing", Umarex may well view the profit from licensing PPQs inside Europe and ignoring what VFC does outside Europe (where they don't have any jurisdiction anyway) as better than not licensing anything and instead losing money on lawyers trying to keep VFC outside Europe altogether. Umarex fundamentally can't stop VFC from selling PPQs outside Europe; all they can do is demand that only versions they've licensed are sold inside Europe. That's why it says "ASIA EDITION" on the unlicensed guns; to reassure Umarex that they won't be sold inside Umarex's fiefdom. Umarex know that some examples will escape into Europe, but if the vast majority (every example imported by a retailer) are licensed versions, that's an acceptable rate of loss.

You could always go abroad to buy your airsoft guns, go on a holiday say in Germany and pick up a few GBB's, prob cost the same but at least you get to travel.

I know for the UK that would be, well interesting when you tried to bring them back on the plane.

As for Sweden I am sure the laws for bringing an item back with you would probably fall under the horrendous import laws and then cost you a lot too.

Sadly, as we do a gun based hobby and many people view that as a bad thing we will always get shafted in some way for doing it be it VCR-A here or high import costs on GBBs in Sweden.

Also I am so glad they didn't decide to do the PPX instead: http://www.waltherarms.com/products/handguns/ppx/ Looks like they moulded it on a dogs hind leg then stuck some weird future-guff to it.

'FireKnife'

Neh, going on a shopping spree trip is even worse if you were to get caught in customs on the way back in. I could see that going wrong pretty quickly.

Anyways. Let's try and keep this to the PPQ :o

There is a slim chance I will get mine today, if not then tomorrow. Woop woop!

Still going to _have_ to get an Asia version when they become available.

Archived