Creation Auto 9 kit for KSC System 7 M93r 2

Horsem4n

At no point did I deny his point, I am not quite sure what point you are really trying to make? :unsure:

I agree, in the world of 'prop items' people will happily shell out lots and lots for any prop, especially one that has had the actors sweaty hands cradling it during takes but my point is that in my opinion this is a silly price to pay for an item in regards to airsoft, not as a prop. In the case of the Ino I would still think 'why?' as it doesn't make sense to put such an amount into such an item that really could be achieved by a much cheaper or non-airsoft option (seeing as why would you take a $800 item out into the field).

My point is that in my opinion it doesn't make sense, that is not something that can be made 'invalid' as it is my opnion same as you are entitled to yours. At the end of the day people will spend whatever they want on guns, I just leave them to it but at no point does it mean I can't voice such a thing and as you see people do actually agree that given that this is airsoft in that realm it makes little to no sense.

'FireKnife'

After this, we can close the thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the look but couldn't really find it skirmishable (or worth the price tag). And finding a holster would be a *badgeress*. 

For that price you can buy yourself a KJW M4 and still have several hundred dollars for upgrades and extra magazines. 

There's no way this kit could be considered "skirmishable".

If I had money to throw away yes I would buy one for sure. Custom made extended TBB, M93R stock (for giggles), a Kydex or IPSC style holster, Luminos Sights and im away, happily skimish with it. Then again I have played many games using a 10" DE as a primary..

At no point did I deny his point, I am not quite sure what point you are really trying to make?  :unsure:

I agree, in the world of 'prop items' people will happily shell out lots and lots for any prop, especially one that has had the actors sweaty hands cradling it during takes but my point is that in my opinion this is a silly price to pay for an item in regards to airsoft, not as a prop. In the case of the Ino I would still think 'why?' as it doesn't make sense to put such an amount into such an item that really could be achieved by a much cheaper or non-airsoft option (seeing as why would you take a $800 item out into the field).

My point is that in my opinion it doesn't make sense, that is not something that can be made 'invalid' as it is my opnion same as you are entitled to yours. At the end of the day people will spend whatever they want on guns, I just leave them to it but at no point does it mean I can't voice such a thing and as you see people do actually agree that given that this is airsoft in that realm it makes little to no sense.

'FireKnife'

In the case of the Inokatsu, the why (for me) is realism - this gun is made of steel, and I bring it out skirmishing because it is one of the most enjoyable guns I own. You get great sound, fantastic recoil and the more you use it, the better it looks. The high class Nova metal body kits do not age in the same way as steel - steel ends up with proper holster wear, and that alone was reason enough to buy it.

Why did you spend money on a nickel series 70? You wanted the finish, therefore the cost presented to you was justified and thus deemed as acceptable. To many that gun is a waste of money, and many couldn't see the point...that doesn't make their opinion valid. Opinions are like bum holes...everyone's got one - some are squeaky clean, others are filthier than prom-night dignity.

Opinions can of course be invalidated, as they are not infallible. An opinion is simply a held belief, and that belief can be challenged through debate and the point in which the opinion is predicated can be disproved, thus invalidating any logic behind the opinion, causing it to crumble. Belief in the contrary is bull-headed stubbornness, and basically says that a debate can not be held. Most people are intelligent enough to be able to operate on two simultaneous planes of thought - understanding, and operating. I understand how people spend money on cars...I don't do it myself, because I prefer to travel. However I am able to see where the money goes, and adjust the sliding scale of economics to value in the terms of the specific item. You have to factor in what the product is, who it is aimed at, what other products exist in the same field, what it would cost to make the same product and more of the same...after all, value is whatever people think an item is worth, whether it is based on rarity, or just how much someone wants something.

My point was simply that RC's posts make crystal clear why this product exists, justifies its price, and exemplifies why the opinion that this is pointless is completely invalid. Attributing a title of 'pointless' makes the assumption that it has no merit, and that is false. This gun is not for me, as I'm not that big a Robocop fan...however if I was, I would want something as close to the gun in the movie i.e. I'd like to be able to remove the mag, rack the slide, simulate recoil and be able to fire the thing. I don't know about y'all...but I got into airsoft for the guns - if skirmishing didn't exist, I'd still have most of my guns. The merits of this product is that it's a friggin Auto-9, and that if you want a high-quality Auto-9, then here you go....it is many of your finest coins please. Supply and demand; there is very little supply, and seemingly little demand, which means higher prices as your only other option is customisation, which not everyone is able to do, or bothered to do.

People are obviously entitled to their opinions - but those opinions are not by proxy correct, informed or valid. I could be of the opinion that all Black people are slaves, and all women are pleasuredomes for men, and that all men are rapists. What is the validity of those opinions? Because I think it, that makes it so? No. Opinions require there to be some underlying idea, otherwise they are baseless and thus invalid. The great thing about informed opinions, or even malformed ones, is that you can enter a debate without getting personal, and arrive at a conclusion that benefits both debating parties as you will either clarify your stance, see that it's not all correct, or see that there is a lot more information out there that needs consideration.

Last thing I'll say is that when I read FK's reply, it looked like some things were taken a little hotly - for that I apologise. I didn't mean anything personal, and hope that it wasn't taken as such. Reading back on my original post it does look a little passive-agressive, so sincerest apologies...no bad blood on my part at least

Is this an airsoft thread or a philosophy thread ? :D

If you say something is not worth the price (to anyone) because it's not skirmishable then you are only looking at the world of airsoft from a very specific perspective.

I could care less about that, as you might have gathered from my threads and posts. It's about collecting and realism for me, and trying to attain the unachievable goal of the ultimate, perfect airsoft replica. :P

Dangit, why did you have to referense the Hot Toys figures. Now I want some of those! :D

I've skirmished with the Winchester 1873 by KTW before and did well enough for me to feel like I've had a good airsoft day.. or the Tanaka 870.. what is or isn't' skirmish-able depends on what you are hoping to achieve in that game and how you play.. 

In fact, if you want to skirmish this Creation Auto 9 you should do it in very special circumstances.

Maybe a special game with all movie reenactors..imagine how epic would it be to see a Robocop with this expensive Auto 9, vs Terminator with a Prime WA Hardballer.

When I first saw this I though it must have been miss priced. Surely a clone of the KSC Auto 9 front end shouldn't be that much even if it is CNC.

I'd still love one to try and fit to my TM M93 and I'd skirmish it at every opportunity but not for that price. Someone needs to drop them the hint that an ABS version for 1/4 of the price would probably sell a lot better.

There was a guy on the RPF selling 3d printed ones but they were still around $250.

I'm one of those guys on the RPF that is getting the 3D printed set. It was actually my idea to get the project started. I'm more of a fan of the weapon itself than needing it to be a useful side arm in a game. With the KSC Auto 9 out of production and examples on the Bay going for over $700 I wanted a cheaper alternative. 3D printing the parts seemed to be the logical way to go. The grips are resin and the rest printed in a high strength polymer. Only about 20 of these kits were made.  At the time I requested the project the KWA M93R was everywhere. Now they seem to out of stock as well! I've been trying to track down an M93R for a while now...

• 3 months later...

Some people in my club say it outranges their WE platforms, Vipertechs and LM4.  And I've decided to use it less because they say it hurts...lol

I've yet to fully dial in the gun for maximum range and accuracy.

The custom inner barrel I had made for it is an EdGI 209mm M9 ptp inner.  The barrel is a 6.02 and made of brass.  Craftsmenship is top notch.  It cost me $55 and another $55 for shipping from Phillipines to HI.  Other than that internally it is stock.  The allowable fps at fields here is 450.  Out of the box it shot 380 with .20 so all i did really was extend it 3 inches and from 6.05  I could also modify the rocket valve to get more fps to see just how hard I can get it to shoot, just need a spare valve.

The silencer and adapter are both KM.  I had a friend who lives in Japan get them for me as they are near to impossible to find.  He mailed the items to me...I was lucky to have the silencer come through customs lol

Future plans might include real steel Meprolight tritium sights installed onto the slide by a local gunshop.

im familiar with EDGI, used to play around with his sniper rifle parts a few years ago. i only wish he never stopped making barrels with a larger bore than 6.03.

you can try an NPAS valve to bring the FPS down.

you can buy betalite tritium capsules for very cheap off ebay. you just have to drill the channel into your sights and glue them in.

• 9 months later...

Archived