Creation Auto 9 kit for KSC System 7 M93r 2

Horsem4n

seems to have just came out. i hadn't heard of it coming down the wire, but its really cool.

with it, you can make quite the respectable replica of the Auto 9. scrimmagable as well if you can look past how freaking expensive it is ;)

haven't looked at what other websites have them, but here are links to EHA of the kit ($625) and a pre built one ($900)

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/creation-cnc-aluminum-auto-9-conversion-kit-for-ksc-m93rii-s7-1.html

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/eac-ksc-auto-9-custom.html

cti-kit-auto9_7_mark.jpg

eac-466-a9_30_mark.jpg

im really considering buying one. with the length of barrel that thing has, it can be a primary easily.

pairing this kit up with that KWA M93r that is packaged with the stock (only M93r model that im aware of that comes with a metal frame) would make a mean feeling package.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean by "doesn't really offer that much"? it offers as much as any CQB GBB M4 does just with burst fire and no stock. yes you need to spend more money on a custom inner barrel, but all in all, it can be quite the useful piece.

you have space for a ~250mm barrel, maybe 300. semi, burst and full auto fire modes and a package that can be holstered. sure its expensive, but it offers just about as much as any other gun.

but you'd have to have bank in order to really think that way. or a *fruitcage*ed up sense of priorities like me.

In my opinion if I spend that much on a gun I would expect something from it bar a fancy look.

I am sure many would disagree but for that money I would rather something else or even two of something else that could do better.

The M93Rs I have played with, both old and new from KSC and KWA just never felt that great, they fired well sure but they didn't do that well, adding a body kit isn't going to help. This is a lovely looking wall hanger piece but not something I would take out into the field, one for fear of damage to it and two as if I wanted a sizeable gun that performed well I would take a TM Desert Eagle 10 inch with a TBB in it to do the same job.

'FireKnife'

I've seen this 2-3 weeks ago on some Japanese website.

I find difficult to justify that amount for such a weird kit, that big money would be worth for exclusive items with full RS trades but here we're talking about a fictional weapon with -here comes the paradox- RS M93 logos.

Totally nonsense.

Gotta say I agree with the haters on this one. Charging $625 for an aluminium slide/compensator/barrel kit and some grips is pretty much daylight robbery, especially when KSC used to make their own replica for less than $200. I can understand some extremely expensive pistol kits; that Iron Airsoft Chiappa Rhino, which is about a hundred bucks more than the Auto 9 kit, used barely, if any, off-the shelf parts. It was made in tiny numbers so all those parts cost the earth to make, too. But here Creation have transposed fully 80% of the parts of the M93R straight over from the KSC, which saves them a ton of money. It's hard to see how they arrived at the $625 figure unless they've only made 20 of them or something.

Worse, like Desert.Express says, this is a 'replica' of a prop, which isn't really a replica of a firearm at all.

only M93r model that im aware of that comes with a metal frame

I have a Umarex branded KWA m93r NS2 and it comes with the metal frame and slide. Unfortunately i had to get it from Germany, and that means it has had the burst mech taken out, and i still haven't got around to getting the parts from KWA.

On topic: Looks awesome, but its just silly expensive

Yeah, Its kinda hard to justify that price tag when KSC themselves used to make one for 1/5th of the price. Its just far too niche realistically, and the KWA/KSC M93Rs arent really that good to begin with. They might have single burst and auto options, But in practice, they wind up with auto, auto and auto fire groups.

Ive never seen a KWA M93R who's burstfire option lasted more then a few months before becoming another selection for auto. Had creation also took the opportunity to reinforce those parts to make them last, Then maybe the price tag could be a *little* more acceptable. But as it stands, this is a collectors piece only.

"I agree (mostly). While 600+ is nothing to scoff at, it's a CNC, quality item for collectors."

No, not for me.

And I'm an "hardcore" collector.

This stuff can be actually good and tasty for Japanese collectors, who use to buy/sell pointless prop guns for over 1000$ just because there are "some CNC made custom parts" on them, or because they're related to Resident Evil, Ghost in the Shell etc.

Believe me, this s**t cannot be of any interest for most of European/US collectors.

There's a perfect limited addition run of the Blade Runner blaster pistol made by Tomenosuke which was 475,000 yen, aka over £3000, and surprise surprise, it was all sold out instantly. For people who collect movie props, I'm sure this is much better made than the usual props as they are usually recasted and hand finished (by the collector themselves, as props usually come in unpainted kits), which debatably is part of the hobby, that being said.. for an airsoft gun, it's ridiculous.  

Think of it more like a really expensive prop that so happens to shoot bbs.

The same could be said of many airosft guns given that they actually pop up in films and they are still not $900 for an assembled gun :P.

How long will it be until people actually start buying airsoft guns (obviously in non-VCRA bull-*suitcase* filled countries) just because 'hey that CA M15A4 was used in such and such film'.

'FireKnife'

It's already happened! Hardcore replicas of post-A New Hope BlasTech DL-44s (Han Solo's sidearm) aren't built from Mauser C96s or moulds thereof, but from MGC replicas. That's because when production moved from Pinewood Studios to the U.S., they weren't able to take the original (RS Mauser-based) DL-44 hero prop with them, and they built the replacements needed for The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi using MGC kits as the base.

I meant literally as in not dressed up prop models but the actual airsoft gun as it stands in a film.

I know some people in the UK get pissy when they can't buy the Hi-Capa 4.3 from Torchwood and re-dress it but I am talking about the literal ones that will buy a CA M4 as it was in a film and keep it as is :P.

'FireKnife'

You think that doesn't already happen? Most people buy replica guns because of what's in a movie.

RC's point is that your point is invalid. You are applying different definitions of value based upon your preconceived ideas, whereas RC was pointing out that the people this gun is marketed at have a whole different definition of value. I mean for example FK, you buy TM guns...people view them as plastic pieces of tosh, and can't figure it out why you spend so much on them. I mean, you could get a WE for half of that. Same situation, different product.

Hot Toys action figures are around €350, Marvel Statues are about €279, Force FX lightsabers are in the region of €150+...people drop decent sums of money on the most obscure things, because they like them. That is whom this product is catered to. Will I buy it? No. I'm not that big a Robocop fan to justify that kind of money. I did spend €800 on an Inokatsu 1911 though, which a lot of people can't understand - once you have your own reasons, the defining characteristics of 'value' and 'cost' change dramatically.

At no point did I deny his point, I am not quite sure what point you are really trying to make? :unsure:

I agree, in the world of 'prop items' people will happily shell out lots and lots for any prop, especially one that has had the actors sweaty hands cradling it during takes but my point is that in my opinion this is a silly price to pay for an item in regards to airsoft, not as a prop. In the case of the Ino I would still think 'why?' as it doesn't make sense to put such an amount into such an item that really could be achieved by a much cheaper or non-airsoft option (seeing as why would you take a $800 item out into the field).

My point is that in my opinion it doesn't make sense, that is not something that can be made 'invalid' as it is my opnion same as you are entitled to yours. At the end of the day people will spend whatever they want on guns, I just leave them to it but at no point does it mean I can't voice such a thing and as you see people do actually agree that given that this is airsoft in that realm it makes little to no sense.

'FireKnife'

Archived