Independence! (or for the one Gibosn fan out there Freeeederm!)

FireKnife

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think now the split would be good as I've encountered more Racists, Homophobes & Incest Supporters up here in the North East of Scotland than I like. I just want to move back to England all the way down to the south coast to get away from the Homophobia, Racism & inter family sexual relationships being OK (they seem to dub anything that isn't Immediate family ok) Seriously not being funny either I genuinely feel scared...

This was sent from Tesco's Hudl*

I think now the split would be good as I've encountered more Racists, Homophobes & Incest Supporters up here in the North East of Scotland than I like. I just want to move back to England all the way down to the south coast to get away from the Homophobia, Racism & inter family sexual relationships being OK (they seem to dub anything that isn't Immediate family ok) Seriously not being funny either I genuinely feel scared...

Which part of NE Scotland are you in? I mean yes Aberdeen has a few more racists (well more xenophobic, they hate anyone not Aberdonian) and homophobic local people than other places I have lived but I wouldn't say it was to the point that I worried for my life :P. But then that is really just due to them being so cut off from the rest of the UK, same goes for other far out towns that don't really have a steady tourist influx.

Either way I would personally like to move away due to the lack of anything bar the basics that the North East has but that wouldn't be a reason to sway my vote :D

'FireKnife'

Read private eye: rotten boroughs column more. Scottish councils, local government and assembly are all feathering their nests shamelessly. If anything, they're under less scrutiny than westminster as they're out of the limelight. 

It's very naiive to assume that just because you don't like Westminster, their northern counterparts are somehow a better option.

I have 4 copies of Private eye on my desk as I type this... I work as a political lobbyist with particular reference to local government so I spend 40 hours a week sucking this particular egg, thanks. ;)

I'm talking about more then just dodgy back handers - more like attempted coups, security services with no oversight, coverups of the absolute worst kind and a boring as sin german family with far too much power. The fact that our legislative assembly is still divided up between "commons" and "lords" says it all...

As long as there is authority there will be corruption however devolution will go someways to getting unstuck from the quagmire!

I can't find it at the mintute but I would highly reccomend tracking down the old channel 4 prog "after dark" - the episodes "secrets" and "british intelligence" are well worth it - even if they are a good part of 3 hours long!

Really? I find the entire nation to be quite accepting, I can see Fireknife getting stick  if he runs his mouth like he runs his fingers, he has no respect for the city he made his home, he shows even less /none to the natives, no wonder they don't want you back down south.,

Might just be Moray then Because here in Elgin I've dated 3 Girls that have told me they had sex with a cousin but it was alright!¡!, I know of 10 Serious Racists and even more people that Despise Gays again maybe it is just this area but it's more than enough to want this area to have nothing to do with the country I live in.

Really? I find the entire nation to be quite accepting, I can see Fireknife getting stick  if he runs his mouth like he runs his fingers, he has no respect for the city he made his home, he shows even less /none to the natives, no wonder they don't want you back down south.,

I would post a long explanation but one I have better things to do, two you don't understand based on the fact you live in one of the worst areas in Scotland but think it is fine and three you don't seem to accept anything that isn't your opinion or matches your own so I am just going to leave it. People will agree with me and wont agree with me, fine I get that everyone has different feelings for where they live but I still have a right to voice my concerns, I have even tried to make improvements but all have fallen flat due to the attitude of just the locals, not those that have come here for work or to get away from a bigger city. Just the way it is.

Now to bring this back to actual Independence I know that many I know have made a decision and many I am friends with see that given no solid information is given about how it will be better it is better to stick with what you have and form a nation as one than to gamble it away on something that may or may not be better. To me that makes sense, why change to the unknown when you don't have a good guarentee that it will make the changes needed.

'FireKnife'

Just for future reference. Incest is when a child could/can be born, and even then, cousins don't count. But yeah, dating your cousin is a no no. Also, just because someone says they have, doesn't mean it happened. I haven't lived in Scotland, so really can't comment. Regarding homophobia, trust me, its every where. Not exclusive to Scotland. Having a cousin who travels a lot and is gay, you hear of a lot of homophobic moments/incidents.

If Scotland wants independence, fine be me. I won't stand in the way of people's right to choose.

I can't recall the last time I actually saw a bottle of Buckfast up here, most of the local scum drink that cheap cider with a typical marketing idiot style name. To be honest the scum here seem like the scum everywhere else now but with a different accent and due to the councils stupid ideas are in a greater supply. :P

Plus if they do become Independent what's to say England couldn't just invade, the Scots wont be getting help from the French this time and would be screwed. Only issue is whose side would people like me pick with having famil in both (has to be England, they outnumber 10:1 still) :D.

'FireKnife'

Who the f*** do you think you are calling people scum? neds/chavs is fine, scum is not, you need to wind your neck in and get off your pedestal, you're the *albartroth* taking a job in a country I am beginniing to think you hate, Aberdeen sucks, locals are zenophobic/homophobic/scum, you're a victim of your own choices, stop being a whiney little *badgeress* and move away, no one is forcing the obvious anguish you feel by living here on you,.

Oh how I enjoy reading your posts where you clearly miss the point.

1. I have never said at any point that I dislike Scotland at all, it is a beautifal country and features some of the most splendid parts of the UK. Aberdeen however is not a nice part of Scotland at all, in fact it has become, due to many things particularly it's council and lackluster police force, the worst area in Scotland to live. This is not a fault of the average person but some could do things to improve this, however it just doesn't happen, the sense of respect and community here just seems to have been washed away by oil companies and crooked politicians. If that is what you like then fine, be happy.

2. Sorry but scum it is, they have chosen to be like that and they have the issues with attitude and not bothering to accept the way the world is changing. I don't think anyone that shouts at you in the street, abuses their pet dog openly, hurls insults and objects at the police or anyone in authority or calls others by racial and other phobic slurs anything else. Also note how I said scum 'everywhere'. If you think the above people are fine then that is your opinion but then I would worry for your sanity.

3. I think of all the people you need to just step back a bit. Every single time I make a point about something I dislike that you think affects you, you have to weigh in with insults and other un-necessary confrontations. If it bothers you that much don't read it or but a valid counter argument, all you are doing is hurling insults. Yes I don't think much of Aberdeen and have my valid reasons but I do like my job, if I had the chance to do my job in a better city I would but alas for the moment I can't and I have my own opinions on it. They are no less valid than yours.

Either way I will be honest after this I am just not going to bother reading your comments unless you can refrain from just swearing and insult slinging. If you can put a good reply then I would read it and respond in a better manner but as it stands, and given your comments to other people that I have seen in the past, I will just ignore your posts.

'FireKnife'

God I love Fireknife.

Erm thanks, but you might have to get in line :P.

Also having just heard the 'plans' from Parliment to encite non-Independence votes by being nice to Wales as a kind of 'hey look what we do if we stay together' I must admit they are just as stupid as the ones from the SNP heads up here. By the looks of it this one is going to be down to personal opinion for most rather than being swayed by idiot politicians that think they can make a spin campaign out of anything. So much fail from both sides here. :D

'FireKnife'

Archived