Anyone finding some sites slightly ridiculous or annoying?

bankz5152

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe.. Maybe they're reading this thread in their office having a right old laugh about it.

People never like to hear that they're wrong unfortunately - a re-write of site rulings would be in order if they decided to lift the MP7 ban, and that would make them look like muppets. People don't like to be wrong.

Failing that they might not like the aethestics of an MP7.

The threads getting quite the following now on their page. Ive been saving it all invase they delete it, if they do ill just repost.

Heres the link, hopefully it will work -

https://www.facebook.com/Firesupportffz/posts/10151949470031858?notif_t=like

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly, fair few people have commented on it now that I dont even know! Still keeping copies just incase.

Seriously though its total madness! How can two guns firing at the same FPS be banned, I mean you could argue that an MP7/MP9 are Machine Pistols rather than SMGs but that is pedantic.

Maybe through the loss of customers already they will change their crazy minds.

Playing devils advocate here, but if UA want to enforce those kinds of rules, why shouldn't they? Don't get me wrong, I see why there is a fuss over it, but if that's how they want to run their site then why shouldn't we let them run like that? I also agree that the response was very vague and not at all helpful, but shouldn't we just vote with our wallets?

I can understand it if it's a site local to people or if people are so hell bent on going to it, but we sometimes we (unfortunately) have to live with the fact that some sites will operate with rules we don't like. Some sites change rules on feedback, others don't but personally I just wouldn't play at a site which has rules that I don't like.

That was a farcical reply. Your initial question clearly stated that all things being equal, specifically power, what was the difference - and they answered the difference was power. That is one of those facepalm moments that make time stand still.

Just chrono every gun.

If it's overpowered, it can't be used. If it's under the legal limit then surely that's all she wrote.

UA can bring in any rules that they want - it's entirely up to them. I can actually see the merit of different BB weights, as it follows the same vein as limiting fire-modes. I don't agree with it, but I can see the logic. At the end of the day they need to cater to how they want to run their site, and do so for their customers. People who don't like the rules will leave, and people who like them will travel to the site to play. The problem many have with their rule is that it doesn't actually make sense. The distinction between a GBB pistol and GBB SMG is minimal at best, so banning one doesn't really have much logic, especially if the problem centres around power - all guns should be chrono'd anyway, so if it's over the limit, it can't be used.

Perhaps it's a gas issue? Most GBBR users go with propane rather than airsoft gas so either FS wasn't getting any gas sales with GBBR owners, GBBR owners leaving empty Coleman canisters everywhere or a mix of the two.

The blanket ban on GBBRs is alittle nuts, but i guess they introduce a headache that FS/UA staff didn't want to deal with. They might want to think harder on their replies though

The way I see it is like this;

The no GBBR/GBB SMG's rule is utterly, bat*suitcase* *fruitcage* insane.

The reasons for this are as follows: 

1: The obvious fact that any gun can have easily changed FPS readings; Their 'You could have an Mp7 at 400fps' is the most hilarious attempt at a logical argument I can recall seeing.

2: They're making themselves sound stupid, both with the complete lack of a coherent reason for the decision, and the fact there really isn't a coherent reason anyway.

3: The only possible reason I can think of is GBBR users tend to bring their own ammo and gas; That makes them sound like they're just money-grabbing and don't want players who won't buy a bag of .2's every single game.

4: GBBR's almost entirely eliminate the possibility of overkill due to cooldown and low ammo capacities, and they pretty much force the user to play sensibly as a result.

I agree that they can do what they like with their site - But how many people, as a result of this rule and the publicity it's gained, will be avoiding the site? I know for a fact I will, and I know at least 7 other people who won't be attending either. That's just lost business for the sake of a stupid, pointless rule that can't really be justified.

*edit* LordElpus - What about empty GG tins from pistol users, which are allowed? I can't see the empty Propane cylinders being an issue, considering they're essentially the same as empty GG tins.. And if it's because GBBR users aren't buying their gas - Well, that's a zero-one move right there.

I don't know whether it's the same business model over in the UK, but here in Ireland your money comes from rentals, not your regulars. Banning equipment that your regulars are using because you're not getting the sales in consumables is absurd. Your regulars (read; gamers) are there to fill the site, and you make some money from them in volume. Your real money comes from new players renting, paying (normally) double the walk on fee (including the rental) for something that will cost the site very little extra. That is the revenue you go after, not an extra bottle of gas (which is admittedly one of the lowest profit-margin items in airsoft retailing), or bag of BB's etc.

The litter issue is solved by saying "take your empty gas cans with you" and actually policing the safe zone. Yeah, you'll still get one or two, but after a while a system of self-policing takes over, and you have the people all telling each other not to leave lying around. It takes a little extra work, and in the long run gives less work. It's like marshaling - put more effort into rewarding honourable play, good sportsmanship etc, and the playerbase then start exemplifying the attitude which then alleviates some of the load from the marshals. People simultaneously give others more latitude regarding hits (i.e. they assume they've missed) and are in effect more sensitive to taking hits. Whereas in a competitive situation, where you simply police what you see, people end up being a little more aggressive and driven to win. But I'm rambling...I'll be quiet :D

The way I see it is like this;

The no GBBR/GBB SMG's rule is utterly, bat*suitcase* *fruitcage* insane.

The reasons for this are as follows: 

1: The obvious fact that any gun can have easily changed FPS readings; Their 'You could have an Mp7 at 400fps' is the most hilarious attempt at a logical argument I can recall seeing.

2: They're making themselves sound stupid, both with the complete lack of a coherent reason for the decision, and the fact there really isn't a coherent reason anyway.

3: The only possible reason I can think of is GBBR users tend to bring their own ammo and gas; That makes them sound like they're just money-grabbing and don't want players who won't buy a bag of .2's every single game.

4: GBBR's almost entirely eliminate the possibility of overkill due to cooldown and low ammo capacities, and they pretty much force the user to play sensibly as a result.

I agree that they can do what they like with their site - But how many people, as a result of this rule and the publicity it's gained, will be avoiding the site? I know for a fact I will, and I know at least 7 other people who won't be attending either. That's just lost business for the sake of a stupid, pointless rule that can't really be justified.

*edit* LordElpus - What about empty GG tins from pistol users, which are allowed? I can't see the empty Propane cylinders being an issue, considering they're essentially the same as empty GG tins.. And if it's because GBBR users aren't buying their gas - Well, that's a zero-one move right there.

Totally agree dude, theres 12 or so I know personally that won't ever be playing there and theres a few people I dont know on that thread that have stated they are not going. I reckon its about 30 - 40 by now of people who will not play there in 16 hours. Thats already about £1000 lost in Game Day fees.

I know I would usually say 'just deal with the stupid players' but in this case it is more 'deal with the stupid people running the site'.

Nothing about that makes sense, if they are worried about power what about the quick change springs in AEGs that could consistently do much higher FPS?

'FireKnife'

*About there attempt at a reply " you could have an mp7 at 400 fps"  part of it is so ridiculous that i cannot believe a sentient human wrote that reply to you. The whole damn reason we chrono guns at sites is because they COULD be over the limit , as airsoft guns are well capable of firing well over a joule , so therefore we chrono them to find out if they are legal.

The logic of "could" surely would apply to every gun in airsoft ? They all could be over 350 so lets just ban airsoft. No guns allowed as theres no such thing as a chrono or time to do such a ludicrous activity. Sorry Chaps ( + chappessess? ). Just because there's a risk of something happening , if you take the precautions there is no reason not to do it.

*Warning : This post may contain high amounts of sarcasm and anger.

Playing devils advocate here, but if UA want to enforce those kinds of rules, why shouldn't they? Don't get me wrong, I see why there is a fuss over it, but if that's how they want to run their site then why shouldn't we let them run like that? I also agree that the response was very vague and not at all helpful, but shouldn't we just vote with our wallets?

I can understand it if it's a site local to people or if people are so hell bent on going to it, but we sometimes we (unfortunately) have to live with the fact that some sites will operate with rules we don't like. Some sites change rules on feedback, others don't but personally I just wouldn't play at a site which has rules that I don't like.

I'll tell you why. We don't have as wide and varied a choice of airsoft venues as it is. The sport has shown it's quite happy to self regulate through the VCRA, so why shouldn't that also apply to other aspects?

We can avoid UA and it'll go out of business, no problem, but then we'll have lost another good urban site to play at, which at the end of the day is a loss for all the airsofters in the local area. It's like the good old adage "If you don't know who the moron in your group of friends is, chances are it's you". They need to know that this is a *rickroll* move!

Archived