GHK M4 GBBR - available after Chinese New Year

hitmanNo2

I did, can't clear the entire mag on my full travel bolt. What I mean is that GHK's are tuned a bit better for full stroke out of a green gas mag. Vipers are purposely made for short stroking, and if you want full stroke, it's semi auto or CO2 mags. Plus GHK mags don't run too well with the 3 round burst edition.

Ah fair enough; I've only handled a VT briefly (they're fairly rare in the UK for obvious climate reasons), but the springs are a hell of a lot stiffer than any GBBR I've handled before. I'd say get a softer buffer and hammer spring and add a hammer with a roller bearing, but I guess that defeats the 'Feels like a real gun' appeal of the VT. Do they clear a GHK mag on semi or is it just F/A they struggle with?

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems strange for everything to "feel like a real gun" while by default coming with a short stroke system... 

It does, but when you're using and firing it you don't notice; Racking the charging handle feels about 90% the same as racking the charging handle on an R/S Deact at the War and Peace show. The bolt moving 20mm or so less makes zero difference to the 'feel' of the gun, by which I mean the spring tensions, clunks and clacks and all that fun stuff.

Dang, this or wait for the marui.....  few months ago this wouldve been an easy decision. I have to go with one and run like the wind with stocking up the mags. Buying both doesnt seem to be a plausible option considering you have to spend an extra 200-300$ on mags.....I'll keep my eyes out for the GHK m4 reviews as well

Dang, this or wait for the marui.....  

Yeah I know right, considering Marui is also full metal, with better surface finishing (who would have imagined, Cerakote? Marui? What?), and chances are it will perform well in "normal" weather as well as GHK, likely with much better out of the box accuracy at low fps, but the edge the GHK definitely will have is the fact that it's supposedly designed with CO2 in mind, where as Marui won't, so for those who live in countries with near zero winters, it won't be a problem. 

Yeah I know right, considering Marui is also full metal, with better surface finishing (who would have imagined, Cerakote? Marui? What?), and chances are it will perform well in "normal" weather as well as GHK, likely with much better out of the box accuracy at low fps, but the edge the GHK definitely will have is the fact that it's supposedly designed with CO2 in mind, where as Marui won't, so for those who live in countries with near zero winters, it won't be a problem. 

I'm guessing that TM have taken note that they are very late to the GBBR party and need to pull out all the stops

• 1 month later...

so.. tempted.. really curious to see how the internals are.... Full travel, minimal cool down, massive recoil... good gas efficiency... might just swap out my ino internals for these...

From what i've seen the receivers (or atleast the lower) are unique to the ghk so the internals likely wont just swap over.

From what i've seen the receivers (or atleast the lower) are unique to the ghk so the internals likely wont just swap over.

They look mostly WA design in the lower, but the FCG is all steel anyway, so shouldn't need after market parts...hopefully. Not seeing anything amazingly different outside the current offerings...

The magazines are where the real hope is

Not holding out much hope for them until I see a decent review. Redwolf released a video yesterday, but it's not really an in-depth review. Not even sure I've seen a decent LM4 review yet :)

I wish all the M4 gbb manufacturers would have a standardised mag size/feed lip, so we could inter-change and see 3rd party mags etc.

Not holding out much hope for them until I see a decent review. Redwolf released a video yesterday, but it's not really an in-depth review. Not even sure I've seen a decent LM4 review yet :)

I wish all the M4 gbb manufacturers would have a standardised mag size/feed lip, so we could inter-change and see 3rd party mags etc.

Not making any promises but i have ordered this and i will review it to the best of my ability... Atleast Im planning on doing so, just started my studies again so ill see If i have the time

Archived