Arnies Social Event - Operation: 'Morning After'

Apex

Arnies Social Event - Operation 'Morning After'  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you attend another social event ?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some would say we look almost organised.....

Some would also say we are bloody insane.

I like it when they do. :P

EDIT: That reminds me, assuming I am near enough to drive and the dates are sorted who drinks what alcohol so I know what to fill the car with.

I mean it isn't like I am going to fill my car with guns, heavens to Betsy.

'FireKnife'

On the one hand I can't lay claim to having attended anywhere near as many skirmishes in my time as some of the seasoned vets here, however what I can say for certain is that the only airsoft skirmishing I have truly 100% enjoyed consistently throughout has been the two MAs I've attended.  I primarily attribute this to these being the only events I've been to (and one of a very tiny number in the UK) featuring a number of players which is actually proportional to the size of the venue (as opposed to cramming players in to maximise profits) and the sportsmanship exhibited by all present.

Short of some rogue nation kicking off and needing putting back in to line or my impending call from Hereford to say that I can skip selection because they need another guy on the team to hunt down Bin Laden's successor, I'll be coming and have voted accordingly.

Short of some rogue nation kicking off and needing putting back in to line or my impending call from Hereford to say that I can skip selection because they need another guy on the team to hunt down Bin Laden's successor, I'll be coming and have voted accordingly.

Well balls, there goes my chance at being the most dynamic of the weekend :P

Still, I echo CK's sentiment - I've only been to one MA, but it's without a shadow of a doubt one of, if not the best day's Airsofting I've ever attended - Never before have I been to a game where I've hit somebody's arm sticking out from behind cover with a single shot and been rewarded with a loud call of HIT instead of the arm swiftly dissapearing back into cover before a rain of plastic flies at me from the same piece of cover..

Well balls, there goes my chance at being the most dynamic of the weekend :P

Still, I echo CK's sentiment - I've only been to one MA, but it's without a shadow of a doubt one of, if not the best day's Airsofting I've ever attended - Never before have I been to a game where I've hit somebody's arm sticking out from behind cover with a single shot and been rewarded with a loud call of HIT instead of the arm swiftly dissapearing back into cover before a rain of plastic flies at me from the same piece of cover..

Wow, really? I think you need to change who you skirmish with.

I think for many of us we all need to :P.

But having not attended a MA I can't comment on how amazing it will be, though I can guess, but gievn the bb spam that many games I attend has become this will be a welcome breath of fresh air.

'FireKnife'

Easier said than done finding a new site to play at. Still, the times I do get to play at my site when I'm not marshalling I find it very good for hit taking. I suppose it should be really, seems as we keep a close watch on everything! :P

The thing with MA though is that it's a social event with airsoft mixed in. It's not play to win strictly speaking, it's a blast about with random people from the internet who share the same interest. I think that's the difference between these kind of events and your average public day. :)

This time I'm also going to try not to stab a team mate as he walks into the same room as me. :P

Easier said than done finding a new site to play at.

I of all people should know that given my options :P. But it was meant more as a casual joke on my part. Sometimes it is the players that ruin a site and not the site itself.

But then given that I never take games seriously or play to win perhaps I have the wrong mindset for some of the sites I visit and the people I play with :D

'FireKnife'

Easier said than done finding a new site to play at. Still, the times I do get to play at my site when I'm not marshalling I find it very good for hit taking. I suppose it should be really, seems as we keep a close watch on everything! :P

The thing with MA though is that it's a social event with airsoft mixed in. It's not play to win strictly speaking, it's a blast about with random people from the internet who share the same interest. I think that's the difference between these kind of events and your average public day. :)

This time I'm also going to try not to stab a team mate as he walks into the same room as me. :P

Like Oli said, the best site I know I marshall at, and the hit-taking there is great - But I don't get to play there a lot because I'm marshalling! The mall is good for it as well most of the time, it's just a lot of the sites around my way are all hicap fests over 50 meter stretches of open ground.. The Sandpit isn't bad for it either, but I meant more MA in comparison to any other game I've been too has been fantastic - Everyone at MA really does go by the 'if in doubt, call it out' method, which is awesome.

So what we've learned in this thread then, is most of us are marshals?

How out of practice are we gonna be?

Marshals or moderators, in other words people who are grumpy and don't get to play as much as they should themselves? :P

Marshals or moderators, in other words people who are grumpy and don't get to play as much as they should themselves? :P

Wait I am neither.

Hang on yes I am, I am sure that 'ModeratorCP' link is there for a reason :P.

Though after two years of driving too far for games and having little options something like this will be ideal.

'FireKnife'

Archived