Your biggest disappointment in airsoft

SFOD-D

I got an ICS SIR system three days ago and thought I could just snap it onto my ICS M4 Car 97. Same manufacturer=perfect compatibility, so I thought. Was I wrong! I managed to put it onto the gun after filing away a fair amount of material and a lot of squeezing and punching.

While doing that I thought this must be my biggest ever disappointment in airsoft...

What was yours?

------

Edit:

Allright, allright, BadAssTronaut was so kind to inform me that I ####### up because I didn't read my manual properly and so didn't realize I could just lengthen the barrel by turning it. Shame on me...even more dissapointing though! Cheers

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying what I thought was a TM FAMAS off of ebay. When it finally arrived it wasn't a marui, not sure what it was but it was a complete POS, it worked for about an hour then the gears seized up and I could tell something was burning. Never bought a gun off of ebay since than. That was a long time ago though. What really ###### me off was that I paid $140 for it. Damn ebay, oh well, the past is the past I guess.

Finding out the KWC metal Desert Eagle I ordered didn't run on green gas. Not only did it cause me days of frustration thinking my gun was broken (bad news as I'd purchased from Hong Kong) but even when the CO2 arrived to save the day, it meant I couldn't skirmish with it and in the end had to sell it. After becoming seriously attatched to it too for it was one damn fine gun. :(

I got an ICS SIR system three days ago and thought I could just snap it onto my ICS M4 Car 97. Same manufacturer=perfect compatibility, so I thought. Was I wrong! I managed to put it onto the gun after filing away a fair amount of material and a lot of squeezing and punching.

While doing that I thought this must be my biggest ever disappointment in airsoft...

What was yours?

Oh dear. None of that filing and punching you did was necessary I'm afriad. The ICS CAR-97 has an adjustable outer barrel, you simply twist it clockwise (Or couter-clockwise, cant rememer which) and the SIR system will just snap on. I used to owned an ICS CAR-97 and SIR system and it took me minutes to fit it.

I bet your feeling sick now aren't you.

I think it generally depends on the site, some allow them to count, others you just carry on playing. After you stop swearing and snivelling, obviously! :D

Most fields say headshots count, but try to encourage players to only take headshots if there is no other target presented.

I personally try to avoid headshots unless I'm being deliberately sneaky and I want the player to feel a single shot hit, or they are hiding behind a barricade with only their head showing. It's just good manners, I wouldn't want a burst of fire into my face, so why should I do that to anyone else?

Most fields say headshots count, but try to encourage players to only take headshots if there is no other target presented.

I personally try to avoid headshots unless I'm being deliberately sneaky and I want the player to feel a single shot hit, or they are hiding behind a barricade with only their head showing. It's just good manners, I wouldn't want a burst of fire into my face, so why should I do that to anyone else?

Fair point, sometimes a head shot is your only option. However its got to depend on how close you are and I certainly wouldn't do more than single shot otherwise I think I'd get tied to a tree and I'd find out what pain was all about.

Finding out that my glock 19s would take green gas after i sold them. And selling them.

Oh and the VCR bill.

Unlike me, who put green gas through all my guns even if they were only meant for 134a.... :rolleyes:

Hmmm.....probably the fact that since I discovered real airsoft (none of the springer ######) I have had no money.....

I think if the player is wearing full face protection then its fair enough. But hit a guy whos wearing just goggles or glasses is harsh.

Yeah, I hit my mate in the face (by accident) and he only had the top half of his sensai mask on, it bust his lip. Needless to say after his re-gen he hunted me down!

Buying a CA RIS rail for my G3 as part of the conversion to a HK21 and finding that the rails aren't bolted to it but that the whole thing is one huge cast lump of alloy!

That was a bit of a show-stopper. It takes me about a month to build up my enthusiasm to have another go at it each time. So far I've hacksawed off the two side RIS rails and I'm leaving the bottom one in place.

Now I've got to drill and file the holes to make a HK21 style fore-end.

Never again!

[edit]

And the real *badgeress* was sawing the rails off neatly enough that they can actually be re-used.

One is earmarked for the top of my SA80 receiver and the other is probably going onto a CA249 if it ever gets released.

Archived