Your biggest disappointment in airsoft

SFOD-D

My main dissapointment in skirmishes is the group of insecure of ages 25-40 who seem to refuse to take a hit, simply because the person who shot them is new to the site. It just seems to defy the logic of playing to me.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biggest dissapointment for me is the fact that in airsoft it is frowned upon to learn how to take your gun apart. When a newbie goes onto a forum and asks "how do i acces the mechbox" everyone says "dont do it, its not worth it. You'll brake it". Or "get someone to fix it for you". And unfortunately to my experience these people are right, a newbie will have a high risk of breaking their gun, heck i have friends that have had their AEG's for years and have never gotten the guts to fix their guns.

If the airsoft manufacturers (CA,ICS,MARUI) would make their guns easier to dissasemble, (which has to be possible, they just feel no need) they would make more money in my opinion. This would also open up the market for after market upgrades.

Wanna know what else is very very dissapointing? No one knows facts. EX someone asks "what effect does a 6.04 tightbore have on suchandsuch stock gun?" adn the reply is "its got better accuracy". Now any1 who knows paintball knows that there are statistics on every little detail whether it be how many more shots a certain valve gets compared to the stock, or how one gun is STATISTICALLY better than another.

If its easy to take apart but still easy to brake then it's asking for trouble :)

Its the same with computers, if you make the leap and start working with whats inside it helps you understand and know how to use it better - but it should only be attempted once you have a fair idea of what to expect and accept the risks involved.

Sort of like a rites of passage..

Edit: Teh :(

I see a repeeting thread. Alot of people seem to lose their jobs or loose money when they get into airsoft. For me its I hate doing the same thing every day so I dont last long in a job. sos i have no money for airsoft.

You're telling me you're not ridiculously excited when you hear teh doorbell and it might be the delivery man with your new goodies? Come oon!

thats the thing, I nearly died when I heard footsteps on my porch because I thought my gun had arrived, but it turned ut to be some person asking for money for a charity or something.

thats the thing, I nearly died when I heard footsteps on my porch because I thought my gun had arrived, but it turned ut to be some person asking for money for a charity or something.

My g/f took a bus to the local (but far away) Post Office depot thing to pick up a parcel, she had asked her housemates if they ordered anything.. they said no, sso shefigured it must be her stuff. She goes there, gets aprcel.. only to find its her housemates. That's disappoinint and aggravating to say the least using public transport and on a hot day.

On th bright side she got home and her parcel had arrived while she was out. Admittedly it has nothing to do with airsoft, but related to Vostok..

You're telling me you're not ridiculously excited when you hear teh doorbell and it might be the delivery man with your new goodies? Come oon!

hehehe! i live in a 2nd floor flat.. & after a day i place my order.. the longest day of my life begins

;)... request my office to change my work to night shift.. so i'll be home the whole morning day for the parcel force to arrive..

:Zzz: ...taking my nap very near to the intercom.. so i can hear & wake-up by the buzzer, when the parcel-force finally arrive..

:nosleep:... sitting by my window like a cat.. staring the street below me,.. hopin & prayin that parcel-force will come earlier.....

:pizza: ...then for a time felt hungry & went to a chinese take-away around the corner (just a couple of walk, about 8 house doors from where i live in...)

...went back immeadiately to my place & guess whats in my mailbox!

"WHILE YOU WERE OUT NOTE" !!! :angry:

My biggest quirk with any hobby, is that I always get really into it, and when I find out how everything works and that, the hobby doesn't seem as cool anymore. This happened to me with airsoft, r/c cars, r/c planes, etc. It just doesn't seem as amazing when you know everything. Ignorance is bliss.

My biggest quirk with any hobby, is that I always get really into it, and when I find out how everything works and that, the hobby doesn't seem as cool anymore. This happened to me with airsoft, r/c cars, r/c planes, etc. It just doesn't seem as amazing when you know everything. Ignorance is bliss.

Maybe that's because the only way you get from "ooooh, magic!" to "oh, parts" is by traversing the horribly frustrating path of THINGS NOT WORKING PROPERLY IN THE FIRST PLACE. :angry:

:P

I would have to say my biggest disappointment was when I first encountered what we call in Japan a zombie....someone who doesn't take thier hits on my 1st day of gaming ever.

I was having a great day and all of a sudden a guy jumps in the bush oppersite me .... "Holly Cow" I mutter "thats a bad guy and he hasn't seen me! " so rather than blasting him with my G3 i pull out my trusty P99 and pop him 6 times! the guy smiles at me and shoots me..... now "WTF" I say "I shot you like 6 times" But off he goes ....so i take my hit and wander back to the safe zone muttering all kinds of profanity.....much of it heard by the other players due to the silence that had descended onto the field.

Any way what made it worse was the zombie was non other than the event organiser whom at the start of the day had gone into great depth about calling your hits and the honour code. Any way later he wanders back to the safe zonewanting to know what my problem was.....needless to say i let him know.

Price - I never have any money as it is.

Thrill - Some of it just disappeared from my secondskirmish onwards. The first time I was in love, and from then on I've enjoyed it enough to keep going, but it sometimes just doesn't get me going.

Range - Self explanatory. There is very little difference between guns, when in real life it is much more diverse.

There are others, but as others have said, I love it when I know a parcel is coming for me, whether it be a DVD, a book, a game, airsoft related, whatever.

I have to say the most disappointing thing I have had to deal with is the people that refuse to call their hits, no matter how many rounds you put into them. I have left several games early, because there was no way to win against these players. That, and large airsoft groups cutting out the smaller groups.

Archived