Your biggest disappointment in airsoft

SFOD-D

Getting to the front line of a skirmish and holding a line really well on your own, and screaming your heart out for reinforcements before its too late, to then get killed, make your way back to the regen point, and find a load of blokes on your side standing about 50 metres behind you either talking or not having the b*llocks to get up front ( Even when two of them had Minimis!) oh well.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or lending your brand new tm m4, and m203, to your mate for the first game and you use his knackered mp5 to find at the end of the 15 minute warm up game he's snapped it in half.

The look on my best friend's girlfriend's face (and the face of her mother!) the other week when, having bought Jase an M1887 for his birthday I decided to `prove` to them how low-powered these toy guns are by capping him at close range.

I loaded 3 8mms into the shell to decrease the power, cunningly I thought.

Boy was my face red when I shot him in the gut through a thin t-shirt, and 3 seconds later he's got 2 welting red marks either side of his belly button ring and he's dancing around in happy pain cause the third BB hit the metal..... :blush:

Still there apparently. Also, putting the back of my hand 2" from the M1887 barrel and letting Jase pull the trigger in a pique of nobility. I was dissapointed at how badly I hid the pain :D

Buying a CA RIS rail for my G3 as part of the conversion to a HK21 and finding that the rails aren't bolted to it but that the whole thing is one huge cast lump of alloy!

well if you had gone to the trouble of emailing WGC/whoever or asking on the forums, you'd have found this out ebfore buying (like i did :P)

well if you had gone to the trouble of emailing WGC/whoever or asking on the forums, you'd have found this out ebfore buying (like i did :P)

I did try emailing them but the answer was gibberish. Incidentally, it's funny how they speak perfect english when discussing costs but kinda forget it all when explaining stuff like that.

It was part of a big order and I got antsy about delaying it to sort out the question with the RIS.

Anyway, looks nice so far. Been a helluva job though.

Hmmm.....probably the fact that since I discovered real airsoft (none of the springer ######) I have had no money.....

To be honest, this is my biggest dissappointment in Airsoft............ that most players nowadays just see FIREPOWER as the thing you need (must have)....... After using AEG's since their release in '91, I've finally seen threw all the **** and realised that the best games are using just spring guns.........

don't get me wrong.......... I mean real good quality ones (APS2 MK2) with spring pistol backups.

I still have numerous electrics, but see the rattle of full auto as dull nowadays. To me this has kinda deskilled AIRSOFT, as anyone can walk their fire onto the target.... suppose it's just the way I think........ as HUNTING has always been my bag....

The thrill of the hunt is what excites me.......... spotting my opponent first, staying undetected, moving close enough for a viable shot and then actually pulling it off (you have only 1 shot with a spring gun). GREAT that is the BEST accomplishment and challenge for me in Airsoft.

I don't even mind getting ambushed (well done) But I'm dissappointed, when they rattle off a whole bag full of rounds and hit you with just 1 stray ricochet. :wide-eyed:

The other **** that DISSAPOINTS me are these annoying MILITARY parrallels that is all too rife in Airsoft. You see (you will hate me for this) but I think that people trying to make out MILITARY TACTICS work in this game, is short sighted. Too many RAMBO types for me.

Maybe I'm abit sad.... (i'm sure you will tell me!) :angry:

I see it as a SPORT and use every advantage that I can in the field........ including curling pellets around intervenening trees and lobbing them into dead ground (yes you can get 1 shotters on players that you cannot even see!) I often use the open as cover (if you are in the middle of an open field, you are pretty much immune to AIRSOFT guns) As players can only fire at long range .... and it's easy to dodge, when you are in the open......... while you can lob accurate pellets ontop of your assailants, who are often unable to dodge, from being prone. maybe that's why I got the nickname FIELDBOY off my team mates.

so full circle for me....... limit the firepower :waggle:........ hone those SKILLS! ;)

Oh as a note about head shot......... they are dangerous (seen several players teeth damaged over the years), espescially with powered up AEG's rattling off tons of pellets............ we used to play HEAD SHOTS DO NOT COUNT and tried to get players to aim for the gun (which did count). But nowadays with just spring guns, we do count the head shots. Players are responsible and only aim for the head at a reasonable range if no other target presents itself.......... although since we reverted back to springers......... we have only had 1 head shot (a 50m shot at a moving target from a SPORTER).

Yes, this gun really is the KING OF FIELD (as written on the box!)

rant over........ :flamed:

Taking down my M4 and having the Hopup breaking into two pieces in my hand without me even putting pressure on  it. (it had a crack or something and just broke)

~P

Is this that Marui M4 which is better quality, and more reliable, than an ICS M4 or CA M15? :P

The fact that no one has figured out how to make AEGs stop cycling after the last shot yet.

Doesn't the Systema PTW stop cycling after the last round?

My biggest disappointment was running out of money JUST as I got back into airsoft. Now I have to just read the forums and try to keep myself happy in the knowledge that IF my interview goes well and AFTER 3 weeks of work I can start to spend :)

Archived