Your biggest disappointment in airsoft

SFOD-D

zomie, i like that. I also know them as kevlar kids. People not calling their hits is one of my biggest disappointments but the group I play with now all are excelent at calling hits. That and airsoft getting a bad rep because of cheap springers ($2 kind) that end up in little kids and intern the news.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My biggest quirk with any hobby, is that I always get really into it, and when I find out how everything works and that, the hobby doesn't seem as cool anymore. This happened to me with airsoft, r/c cars, r/c planes, etc. It just doesn't seem as amazing when you know everything. Ignorance is bliss.

Dude, that is so true it's unbelievable. I always get into something then I just don't care enough about it anymore once I'm fully versed in the wherewithalls of it.

Whenever I get a new gun it's novelty for about 3 days, then I hardly even look at it for ages.

I'm the same with hobbies and interests and everything really, I tend to pick things up very quickly, then lose interest as I can, not know everything, but see how everything probably works based on educated insight into the methods materials and techniques involved. I honestly believe the phrase "Jack of all trades, Master of none" was invented for me!!

Case in point actually, I saw a magician the other day, guy's been practicing for 20 years, and he gave a slight clue as to how some of it works and 10 minutes later I'm telling him exactly how he's misdirecting people, and what he's doing that other people just can't see.

He started a card trick and within 3 seconds I made him stop because I'd told him and everyone else there what he'd just done that set up the whole trick. He just had to stop that one apparently, he couldn't lead it into a different routine. He was inviting people to catch him out though, to be fair!

The fact that I've run out of money because I got full metal upgrades for both of my guns and I now can't afford enough magazines to skirmish with - M11 is useless with two mags :(

Operation Serpent Hammer. The Russians were outnumbered better than 2 to 1, and the game was just a mess. It still hasn't been determined-so far as I know-if the charity the game was put on for actually received the funds they should have. On top of that, cheating was about the worst I've ever seen in SoCal. Just a bad experience all around.

• 1 month later...

My worst moment was when i got my first AEG, (G&G M14) and the guys at Airsoft Atlanta had tested it, and jammed a bb in it, then forgot to tell me when i bought it, so after waiting long agonizing hours for the batt to charge, i didnt feed. I was still a tech virgin back then , and had to make the 1 hour 30 min drive to get it unjammed.

ONi

:nosleep:... sitting by my window like a cat.. staring the street below me,.. hopin & prayin that parcel-force will come earlier.....

:pizza: ...then for a time felt hungry & went to a chinese take-away around the corner (just a couple of walk, about 8 house doors from where i live in...)

...went back immeadiately to my place & guess whats in my mailbox!

"WHILE YOU WERE OUT NOTE" !!! :angry:

LOL. Done that...

1) Going to a local store on my birthday to get my first AEG that I was planning on using in a skirmish the next day only to find that they sold out.

2) Asking my father if he could drive me out to the local field. He says "Well see in the morning" then walking into his room and telling my mother, "Were not waking up early tomorrow"

Most definatly:

Asking your parnets when ur 14 if you can start airsofting, they say no, you respect that and wait till your older.

So years pass, you finish school, your 16 now, you ask again, they say yes :D!!!!

And then you find you have 2 months to save up, buy an primary and secondry weapon, without a job and end up trying to sell your 24 collection but they wont give you half what you bought it for.

All because some punk in government thinks it would be a good idea to ban the sale of 'replica weapons, because of a minority of people useing them for crime.

I H8 YUOR MR.GUVERNMENTZORE!!!!!!111oneone1

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

On top of that, cheating was about the worst I've ever seen in SoCal. Just a bad experience all around.

I've noticed that also. i live about half an hour's drive from los angeles, and most people call their hits pretty well. but, as soon as i airsoft in San Diego, it's like you have to pump about a half a hi-cap into a guy b4 he says "hit!"

Archived