KG9 GBB by QRF?

calbur20

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine from Ehobby this morning, build quality is solid and accuracy seems pretty good, but mine has quite a bit of cooldown, to the point where if you fire more than a dozen or so rounds in one burst the bolt often wont travel back far enough to catch and will keep firing even if you aren't holding the trigger. I'm going to try fiddling around with it a bit today and see if I can't improve that. Also, you really have to jam the magazine in and sometimes jiggle it around a little to get it to catch. Other than that it's fairly nice for a gbb from some seemingly unkown company.

Once I see some spare mags for this I'm gonna pick one up, because I want to actually use it for skirmishing, so I'm going to need at least 2 or 3 spare magazines. My loadouts rarely have more then 120-150 spare primary rounds to begin with so I figure that should suffice. (Plus usually 45-60 sidearm rounds, since I like to load my beretta mags to 15 rounds because im wierd)

Even with my KWA Mac-11 I usually dont go through more then 2.5 to 3 mags on full auto during a game, even though I own 8 of them.  Where I play its mostly CQB to Mid-Range fighting with 15-20 minute games so I've never really needed more then that. Lets just hope that spares become available so that it can actually be a skirmish-able gun.

• 4 weeks later...

They few videos and reports if this GBB have out me off. I don't mind the maintenance that comes with a GBB (actually, it's quite the opposite, I like the maintaining a GBB), but I do like them to be reasonably skirmishable. Which this doesn't look like it is (skirmishable).

Nope. Not without extra mags available. I understand it's a ghetto blaster for the most part but even thugs need/can afford more magazines.

You have not been watching enough Vice. Only the main hero gets to carry any spare mags, the rest just either use infinite ammo if they are good, a quick burst then get shot if bad ;).

But yes extra mags would be good if I planned to rock this indoors.

'FireKnife'

I got mine today. Seems very nice. :)

The mag had a slow leak in the fill valve (solved with grease) and some of the finish is a bit rough but it is passable.

I will be taking it to a game tomorrow and will let you all know how it goes.

One thing that is worrying me is I cant find any obvious way to adjust the hop. I was hoping for a simple dial/wheel in the chamber or a grub screw. I hope I don't have to take it apart every time I need to adjust it!

Archived