Bucko

I contacted SXW Inc? (www.sexyweapon.com) on 21 January 2014 about hydro-dipping my Prime Airsoft? MUR upper receiver, Parallax Tactical? 13" FFSSR, Primary Arms, LLC? MD-06L, and Seekins Precision? absolute co-witness riser in Multicam.  I also ordered a Magpul Industries Corp.? milspec STR from SXW at the same time I placed the original order.  I was quoted a price and given a 10 business day turnaround time from the day my parts arrived (upper, dust cover, and rail received by SXW on 23 January.  Red dot and mount received 30 January).  I was told on 23 January they were about 7 days away from the next Multicam run and that my parts would be in that run, which would have had them done on 3 Feb, and likely back with me by the 5th or 6th.

After multiple emails checking on status and requesting updates, I was finally told on the 11th of February that my parts were being painted in preparation for dipping, 5 business days past the 10-day quote.  Finally, on 19 Feb (17 business days late), my red dot shipped, but not the upper, dust cover, rail, or stock, and I received it on 22 Feb.  The condition of the finish was unacceptable (see pictures), and I sent an email with my frustration to SXW on 25 Feb.  SXW apologized, and refunded me the cost of shipping all my parts as well as the cost of dipping the red dot and mount.

I was told on 25 Feb that my parts were shipping and would be delivered by 28 Feb.  The upper, dust cover, rail, and stock all arrived on 1 March, 2014 (USPS tracking showed the parts leaving Michigan on 26 Feb, which should have had them at my door on the 28th.  Somehow, they were delayed 1 day in delivery, but I can't fault SXW for that).

The condition of the other parts was even worse than the optic.  There are spots, water marks, poor touch-ups, chips, and generally awful hydro transfer on every single part.  The upper had excess paint INSIDE it!  The prep paint was caked on so thick that it made fitting the upper to my lower nearly impossible.  I had to sand the paint off around the body pin holes to get it to go on, but not before it had damaged the finish on my lower.  Once put together and assembled, I inserted the bolt and tried to charge the gun, but the receiver fit was now so tight that the charging handle wouldn't move!  

The gun is non-operational due to SXW's horrible finish work.  I now have an incredibly expensive paperweight!  My lower receiver's finish is damaged due to the awful finish on the upper and rail.  I will have to have the upper, dust cover, rail, stock, optic, and mount all bead blasted to remove the finish and so they can be redone!  They have completely ruined over $800 in parts.

I absolutely, 110% DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER USING SXW INC (http://www.sexyweapon.com) for any finish work at all!  They have damaged my parts beyond use, did a -poor quality job to all the parts I sent them, and now I have to pay someone else to fix the damage they did.

I have sent them an email with the pictures below, detailing the problems described above, along with my requirement for a resolution.  I called them today, 4 March, and left a voice mail.  I will update the community on the situation as it develops.  In the meantime, I ask that you share this intel with anyone considering hydro dip finishes so that they avoid suffering the same trouble that I have.

IMG_8478_zps25ea0353.jpg

IMG_8479_zps90f7bd52.jpg

IMG_8498_zps582e9fdd.jpg

IMG_8499_zps4804517a.jpg

IMG_8500_zps92156eaa.jpg

IMG_8501_zps9b61f225.jpg

IMG_8502_zpse59c6eb5.jpg

IMG_8585_zps9caebc5f.jpg

IMG_8586_zpsbada159c.jpg

IMG_8587_zpsd8932286.jpg

IMG_8588_zps08f0aa43.jpg

IMG_8589_zpse9abe284.jpg

IMG_8594_zpse0fee6a1.jpg

IMG_8615_zps72973d55.jpg

IMG_8590_zpse6523ea7.jpg

IMG_8591_zps4098390f.jpg

IMG_8592_zps6fd2eb8e.jpg

IMG_8593_zps5b97ca7c.jpg

IMG_8595_zps2277ea32.jpg

IMG_8596_zpsa9b3ba6c.jpg

IMG_8599_zpsaf9f9083.jpg

IMG_8600_zps6075b1a5.jpg

I'd take them to court aguring that due to their total cock up you should not be out of pocket for the cost of replacing the parts, and any work they have done, and any postage costs incurred by you (inc sending to them in the first place).

Financially, you have a right to be put back in the same position you were before you began the transaction thus you should ask for the above and I imagine you will win.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

On the one hand, that's shocking, and seeing that done to such a beautiful gun is genuinely upsetting, and I feel for you dude. On the other, it's quite a pleasant surprise to see them owning up, taking responsibility and trying to make things right - Assuming they've taken the same attitude towards you as well as the public facebook post.

Hope it gets sorted - With some luck you'll get your gun re-done and properly finished, and SXW will learn a hell of a lesson from this.

UPDATE: I have been in contact with SXW's owner and he took full responsibility for the poor quality.  We have reached a resolution that includes a refund for all work done and they will be redoing the finish, bead blasting each part clean and reapplying the hydrodip carefully and properly.  I will post pictures of the completed job when I receive it back from them.

Good to hear that they are actually sorting this out. I hope your items will turn out fine and I'm looking forward to seeing the result. I'm glad they at least took responsibility, as there are companies and people who certainly don't.

This thread is a real roller-coaster ride.

I first viewed the pictures on my phone and even in tiny format I was stunned at the 'touch ups', looked like a 5 year old had tried to paint Warhammer.  Hope they get it all re-done to a high standard for you Bucko because when I saw it in the AR thread I thought that was a *fruitcage* mega hot rifle.

• 2 months later...

I am shocked that they sent you your gun back all *fruitcage*ed up.

WHo did they think they were gonna fool?

If I were them I would have emailed you about the situation right after they realized they *fruitcage*ed up.

Doesn't take a genius (or much time) to tell that they did a job on your items.

I would only send your gun back to you after everything was done right. 

Not this, "I'll just send it back all *fruitcage*ed up, drag out the situation, and hope he doesn't notice" kind of attitude.

That's not the kind of people I want to do business with.

You've lost time by having to email them about it, instead of the other way around.

You also lost play time with your stuff.

I can't wait to see how your gun turns out.

You got fuhked in the *albatross*, now it's time they gave you a reach around.

Good luck!

Archived