KSC PM (Heavy Weight) GBB (Makarov pistol) on it's way!

rusTORK

PMnew.jpg

I am just checked KSC blog...

http://ksc-blacktest.blogspot.ru/2014/12/pm.html

...and then site...
http://www.ksc-guns.co.jp/ksc_cart/ksc_cart.cgi?page_id=47&disp=on

So, yeah. 29.01.2015 will be a pretty good day.

pmx2x.jpg

Some spec:

Length: 160mm
Weight: ~500g
Magazine capacity: 10 + 1 rounds
Material: Heavy Weight

Gas System: System 7

Price: 19 500 JPY (~ 164 USD)

Magazine price: 3 200 JPY (~27 USD)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word from KWA about a full metal version or will they cop out like they did with the VZ61? To be fair though, that VZ is an excellent replica. If this PM will be made in the same level of quality I wouldn't mind forking over that much, but still hopeful for a Taiwan version as they're considerably cheaper despite being the exact same thing.

Also, inb4 "WTF 10 rounds?!?"

KWA usually releasing same weapons like KSC, but "full metal" with one diffirent thing - plastic outer barrel. I am not sure it will work with PM. It's outer barrel is one part with pistol frame. Since there is no explosion diagram availible it's hard to say. If it's possible to disconnect it easy, then i think it will be full metal PM with plastic outer barrel, which later everyone may replace.

Hmm, well at $164 (or £108 in civilised money) that isn't so bad.

However the 10rds isn't that annoying as I know KSC and KWA like to keep single stack mags as single stack bbs but this is really a backup anyway.

Still I would rather have a PM though so I might just see if these appear UK side then nab one.

'FireKnife'

Let's face it, most people don't use GBB side arms to rain down plastic death on their enemies so the limited mag capacity is no big deal.  And if you are one of those people that like to dish out the pain with a GBB, you won't be using a compact, single stacker anyway.

I dunno, I keep hearing people complain about how their 1911s can't finish all 20+bbs and still lock back.

Stupid people. Seriously I have only once had this issue and it was with one that was dry as a bone and had been ragged around a lot.

It still got about 22-23 shots average from a slow leaking mag though. Usually only load mine to 21 anyway.

As for compact single stackers the Detonics is about the only one I could consider using in a primary capacity. The PM would be a fun pistol for just round the house stuff or carrying in a pouch in a VN kit as a kind of humiliation pistol etc.

'FireKnife'

However I think this one has taken the a bit.

I mean first KWA and their cock up, then the fact it, like the High Power is a vastly popular gun and would fill many a loadout but no we just get about a thousand Glocks, 1911s and ARs. Hell we even have about 50 types of AK but not a single Makarov to go with at least half those variants.

Still good to see it might all be for something. Given how this gun has been I won't accept it until I see it in my hands and that you can blame on KWA.

'FireKnife'

plastic outer barrel

I believe the only reason they do that is for the durability of good abs plastic over pot metal and especially so on Browning tilting barrel designs. Case in point: WEs track record in broken Glock barrels. On a straight blowback like the PM, there's hardly much strain so even cheap metal should do.

• 3 weeks later...

Not gonna lie, this is interesting me more than the WE PMM as I like the older PM design and would put KSC / KWA just a little bit above WE.

Still if somewhere in the UK stocks one I will have it, if I haven't already caved and bought the PMM :P.

'FireKnife'

With a 10 round mag and 200fps it's hardly going to take the airsoft world by storm, that said it's a KSC and a very nice one at that.

As with any recent KSCs it'll be built well, have very good reliability as well as accuracy and decent range.

It's also a nice replica of a gun we don't really see in airsoft, and (obviously) it'll blow the WE out of the water.

Good enough for a secondary. And there's also propylene if you need a bit more oomph.

I'm sure that wont blow up a KSC plastic slide(!)

Not that it isn't a nice replica and I've skirmished with much worse, but it's still niche performance that will limit sales from the regular skirmish crowd.

I'm sure that wont blow up a KSC plastic slide(!)

It's pretty evident that the release valve is not open for very long, thus the low fps and the limited recoil.

There are two solutions to this:

- Use a higher pressure gas.

- Modify the valve so it's more open, using more gas for the BB and less for the recoil.

The combination of both will get you more fps and less(er) recoil, therefore minimizing the stress on the plastic slide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And now it looks like the full metal KSC Taiwan version is out as well:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-makarov-mkv-pm-gbb-pistol.html#.VRbxzeG8ic4

though Im iffy about some details since they seem to have copied some details from another page (l;ike the part about being c02 and 428fps). Hopefully not the full metal part though. In any case Ive already ordered one so I'll let everyone know how it goes.

The stampings and just overall look of it are pretty different then the known plastic one though, as well as the box being completely different, So I'm fairly confident.

Archived