Back to gas - GBBR Purchase Options

TB-Stalker

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The good old G&P woc hasn't been mentioned, loads of options and parts available and when tuned right they are just as good as any gbbr. The G&P SAI ar was insanely beautiful.  

Ra tech produced a AAC forged receiver for the GHK that looks sweet, the we AAC by ratech also looks sweet.

But if you now how to mess around with a Gbbr then the G&P woc is a good option.

GHK M4 FTW.

Best performance on the market, even NugentGL can vouch it over his Vipertech :)

I love mine, no problems, zero cool down issues in sub 5-10 degree weather. (On Semi).

Parts from Samoon are CHEAP to replace incase there is an issue.

My only gripe is that it's not as close to 1:1 real-steel spec, but what can I expect try to put RS stuff on my GHK.

Oh and get a blank receiver one, the trades on the OEM navy seal ones are pretty bad :s

GHK M4 should be better performance on the AK, and more recoil, but don't have both to compare, just based on what my peers state.

If I could find one that would be ideal, but I have only seen one place selling the blank 14.5" version and they are out of stock.

With the strength of the dollar at the minute it simply is not worth importing. 

£375.00 Shipped from Ehobby

+ approx £75.00 in VAT £450.00

+ Import Tax £10.00

+ PF Fee £8.50 (they dropped it!!)

£468.50 in total considerably more if you order mags as well. If im wrong about the VAT its still £393.50 only ~£20 or so cheaper, more hassle and no warranty.

That's where the difference is, I can get one for £250 with the conversion rate. So even with VAT it will be easy.

The good old G&P woc hasn't been mentioned, loads of options and parts available and when tuned right they are just as good as any gbbr. The G&P SAI ar was insanely beautiful.  

Ra tech produced a AAC forged receiver for the GHK that looks sweet, the we AAC by ratech also looks sweet.

But if you now how to mess around with a Gbbr then the G&P woc is a good option.

It's not mentioned because I've had one before and don't want another due to boredom. I've built one from scratch before.

If price is a concern I'd suggest a WE AK. Doesn't take all that much to turn bomb proof and has more recoil impulse from the longer bolt travel. The only thing that's been keeping me from suggesting it till now is I'm unsure of its cold weather performance.

Cost isn't a crazy issue, I have £600 to spend on it.

Some words on VTs.

- I have seen cracked receivers, messed up finishes on brand new guns. Quality assurance does not exist in their factory.

- That also means their raw materials are not consistent in terms of quality. So it depends on your luck how fine gun you might get. Some of their upper receivers could be bent with hand, some not.

- There are always tolerance issues. In 2013 VTs using RS pistol grips was not an issue but it is with a 2014 one. They make changes to their guns regularly, most of these might be called improvements. But sometimes not.

- Barrel extension should be thrown away as soon as you get the gun and replace it with a steel one from Amashotop. Stock one causes feeding issues and it wears off after a thousand rounds so much that it might jam the nozzle.

- Hopup is not that great as some claim. The stock bucking lasts for a few hundred shots after that it starts wearing off.

- Spare parts are really expensive and customer support ceased to respond to non-taiwanese customers afaik. CWI airsoft is a good source but that guy also started to be shady.

- You can put on many RS parts on it however it is beyond my understanding why people have wet dreams about that. RS compatibility depends on the year the gun was made. I could not use an RS charging handle without modification with a 2013 BCG. But 2014 ones work with them without any modifications.

- Do not even try using eb tech magazines. That company even fails to make a gas magazine that seals.

- With the steel bolt carrier and stock configuration it has a strong recoil. CO2 is the only advised propellant for it. You can downgrade it to weaker recoil and hammer spring with an aluminum bolt.

- Receivers are forged. Finish - if not messed up - is really nice.

My advice is to get a GHK AR.

If I could find one that would be ideal, but I have only seen one place selling the blank 14.5" version and they are out of stock.

That's where the difference is, I can get one for £250 with the conversion rate. So even with VAT it will be easy.

It's not mentioned because I've had one before and don't want another due to boredom. I've built one from scratch before.

Conversion? Rate is currently ~1.43 from Paypal/Natwest

on my phone, my spelling will suck

What about the ra tech WE AAC custom, the one they keep dropping from drones to see if it breaks. WE have great 3rd party support and co2 mag as well, I think though ra tech will be doing a AAC Ghk version as well and that could be the way foward IMO.

If price is a concern I'd suggest a WE AK. Doesn't take all that much to turn bomb proof and has more recoil impulse from the longer bolt travel. The only thing that's been keeping me from suggesting it till now is I'm unsure of its cold weather performance.

WE AK in the cold sucks balls, my teammate uses one with all his fancy stuff on it, but it won't clear a mag in 5-10 degree weather inside.

I'm sure in the summer time,  It'll perform just fine, any gun will :).

Mags are SUPER light, which could be a plus for someone.

The RATECH AAC receivers are the same build material (WE/GHK), though I heard the standard GHK receiver is better then the AAC in terms of wobbling issues and what not :o. Then again, I'm not huge on the AAC... so.. I rather just walk away from it and pick up a blank receiver from Samoon and custom engrave :).

Samoon would be an ideal place to shop at :), barebone kits can work too, just finding them, they seem to all be out of stock.

Most GHK M4's being sold now are ones with blank receivers, kinda wished I waited, navy seal trades on my are fugly :(

The empty version is blank just need a barrel set and rail.

Some incident happened, result: When those kits are gone, they're gone, probably for good :(

So I would say get the no marking version of the complete gun, and as far as I can remember, the RAS comes with the gun is as nice as Viper / Ino if not better, I can see a resell value there.

Some incident happened, result: When those kits are gone, they're gone, probably for good :(

So I would say get the no marking version of the complete gun, and as far as I can remember, the RAS comes with the gun is as nice as Viper / Ino if not better, I can see a resell value there.

+1 the RAS is VERY VERY nice, I'm very pleased with the quality of it!

Curse you guys. Was looking into WE 416/M4s as my mate already has several WE AR variants and being able to share mags would be cool.

But the GHK AR does look tempting. Very surprised by those trades though but meh.

Wait.  What would prevent selling blank receivers but made up trades are OK?

Oops, could be misunderstanding in my previous post(?)

I mean the "kits" are/will be gone but complete guns are still there.

I was trying to point out the RAS is incredibly nice, I personally think the best deal is start with a no marking complete gun, see if you like the RAS before you change anything.

Oh BTW I saw someone in local FB group modding a VSR bucking into a GHK AR, sounds awesome.

Archived