Back to gas - GBBR Purchase Options

TB-Stalker

I think the ghk could be the way foward, I was just looking at reviews and videos online and it seems to cycle really well plus that AAC kit by ra tech looks cool. Everyone that has one seems really pleased, plus the easy optaining replacement parts from sammon is a real plus not that they would be breaking anytime soon with steel parts.

The ghk will be my next ar purchases.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you get a recent one if you go for the GHK, a Gen 2. I've had a few in for worn FCG's, bolt catches not working and worn bolts that won't engage with the bolt catch correctly. Still, not a bad bit of kit and GHK seem to be ironing out the flaws as they're discovered (unlike certain other GBBR manufacturers I could mention).

The worst thing about GHK is that they might sue you for saying stuff on the internet, otherwise I don't think they're as bad as some of the comments here, their GHK M4 are really decent, and a few of us owners here can all vouch for that, with the Devilhunter mod, it's basically OP in terms of how good a GBBR it becomes, but even on green gas it's already a performer, I can't speak for lemons as I was lucky enough not to have received one. Their AKs however are all problematic out of the box, mainly to do with the feeding, all mags require some filing to get things working smoothly, but I ended up owning 3 due to its promising cool down performance and high capacity (relatively) mags.. 

The problem over the suing part is we only know a little of the story.  We just saw links of a legal notice they posted on a HK forum and some posts around that, not the history.  For all we know the guy they took to court could have been posting bad stuff about them all over the place and maybe not even having used/owned one of their guns.  The 'Net is very good at showing people what they want to see, not what is happening.

What we do know is the gen 1 GHKs cracked in the lower receiver behind the selector.  GHK/Samoon sent out replacement Gen 2 lower receivers for free (and also a recoil rubber as the first attempt to fix the problem).  A number of Gen 2s have also cracked, but every one I've known about has been used a lot with the stock folded, not out.  There's been talk about some one running modified mags with CO2 (or M4 CO2 mags) also suffering from a crack in a Gen 2 - but then with CO2 he's going to be shooting at a some what higher pressure.

We also know there's been some quality control issues on the finish of the M4s - not got one myself, or seen one so can't really comment on that.

I know you've got a large budget, but if you're half tempted by a G5 then there's a reasonable amount of barely used ones for sale in the UK at present.  It seems it became the in gun to get, but a lot of people buying them had not used GBBRs or considered the restrictions on amo, so regretted it and put them up for sale again.  Note the mags new in this country I seem to remember are £45-50, where as you can get barely used second hand ones for ~£35 (the mag can also be used in the M4).

The problem over the suing part is we only know a little of the story.

And chances are we never will seeing as how the original article at Armscool has long since been removed. Regardless of which, people who have witnessed what happened, with great distaste echo the events for the rest of us.

-Gainax publishes bad review of the GHK M4

-GHK is butthurt and threatens with legal action

-scared shitless, Gainax pulls review and shuts up

So instead of addressing the dissatisfied customer by fixing his stuff, they bully him into submission and flaunt their victory on social media so nobody else writes badly about their stuff even if they really so happen to be bad. It's like they got Kim Jong Un as head of their PR department.

And chances are we never will seeing as how the original article at Armscool has long since been removed. Regardless of which, people who have witnessed what happened, with great distaste echo the events for the rest of us.

-Gainax publishes bad review of the GHK M4

-GHK is butthurt and threatens with legal action

-scared shitless, Gainax pulls review and shuts up

So instead of addressing the dissatisfied customer by fixing his stuff, they bully him into submission and flaunt their victory on social media so nobody else writes badly about their stuff even if they really so happen to be bad. It's like they got Kim Jong Un as head of their PR department.

You forgot to add that GHK said they won't take a path of legal action if Gainax signs a legal document by a Hong Kong appointed lawyer admitting to his slander. It's really pathetic, and I'm not too suprised that people are boycotting them in China. Also, they've specifically said in comments on their post that they "absolutely accept the criticisms and suggestions from all walks of life but will not accept false accusations and slander thank you", so it is pretty clear that someone at GHK has no understanding of the words, narcissistic to the point that they truly believe they are correct, or are just too full of themselves to believe they are wrong. 

Last time I checked I don't think a significant number of people are boycotting them, maybe if you read the Facebook comments on their page then it'd give that impression, but at least it's not happening in Hong Kong or Taiwan judging by its sales over there.. PR aside, their products are pretty solid, if you check out the reviews by L2E (or nugentgl on YouTube), he owns a lot of GBBRs from WE to WOCs to Vipertechs and if I recall correctly, amongst it all he ranks GHK quite highly.

Also GHK's been pretty good generally with addressing problems with costumers with sending free replacement parts and whatnot, I think that might be the exact reason why the whole Gainax thing blew up, that he started posting relentlessly on Armscool because he got no support from WGC (being that he's from Hong Kong, customer service basically doesn't exist once after money's been exchanged), which drove him to do what he did without giving a chance to GHK to respond, but as pointed out, we can no longer read the exact exchanges. 

Not a dig at you, but I've highlighted one of the issues about the Internet and why we really know very little about this.  A bunch of friends of the person who was targeted by GHK spread their version of the word.  Now it is possible that they be are purely neutral bystanders in all of this, but frankly I believe that as much as I believe I'll win the lottery today (and I've not bought a ticket).

Problem is people love jumping on the negative regardless of how true it is, and also people love to hate.

See, that's also speculation on your part. The way I see it is if GHK was in the right and that the Gainax guy was intentionally trying to ruin their name by spamming hate all over, GHK would have easily made it clear by simply saying so. Instead their ambiguous choice of words plus inaction in even refuting what others are saying (on forums and their own FB page) is making me think otherwise if at the very least cast doubt on their intentions.

I still don't think what GHK did, regardless of how bad Gianax's slender was, was justifiable, he's after all just one guy, the best way to deal with it is by ignoring it, I mean, just look at how many people bad mouth WE and how little they care, if the product is good, it will speak for itself. Which remains to be my point, in my experience and many's here, GHK's products are good, and sometimes the best depending on what you're looking for, so unless you're taking a morale stance in boycotting them based on an incomplete story, then go ahead, otherwise if it's a good GBBR you want, then you'd miss out by overlooking them based on some melodrama. 

Vipertech at least just came up with lies to cover themselves without actually listening to us. In the very beginning they were helpful though.

Since then they only care about taiwanese market and customers afaik. I suppose most guys there do not even use their guns...

Is it better to get an aeg hop conversion so I can use aeg barrels in a wa system o is it better to just upgrade my agm hopup to a gbbr hop unit

See if mr d4n is to be believed, the VSR hops are better for GBBs. It's the one thing holding me back from buying a GHK M4.

Vsr is sexulant.

But many barrel windows need to be filed open. Ghk has vfc vsr issues and its mostly location. Can't get it to sit forward enough.

The AEG system is meh for adjusting but its solid. I actually hated adjusting my we m4. Could not stand it, and the small Allen key is not around here an ordering just one was outragious.

The AEG system with a ghop is great and stupid easy.

Adjusting is a pain depending on the rail but I just poke at it other than keeping a Allen key that can be lost so easy and having to get at the rear adjust. Even vfc front adjust is meh.

I'm still here lurking away, just not on arnies every day and as I came here asking questions I don't have a lot to add to the discussion.

It's looking like GHK at the moment either the 105 or the 14" M4, unless I suddenly cheap out and get a WE, but that's unlikely.

As I mentioned before, AEG hops on GBBs would result in an ineffective hop within 60 rounds.  Hence I would really advise against AEG hopped systems.

But there are lots of things to look out for also, as I also did mention previously.

Archived