GHK AUG GBBR

bankz5152

Yup, available in black, tan, and OD. Blobface and I were discussing the possibility of using these NATO (STANAG-compatible) stocks to use the GHK STANAGs with the otherwise incompatible AUG.

If the AUG doesn't have DevilHunter-modification-compatible CO2 magazines released for it, I think this is definitely worthy of further investigation.

Just an assumption, but I am willing to bet the internal structure/reservoir is the same as the G5 and Stanags.  If that is the case, then DH mod is good to go.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say the chances of the Ghk fitting a RS stock at all are incredibly low. So, the chances of it fitting a Stanag stock and working are non existant.

You can't just swap the stock on a real one and have it work anyway. It requires at the least a different trigger pack, and possibly some other parts as well.

So I hope no one goes out and buys a 400 euro stock just to wind up with a lump of plastic.

Your stuff used to get through without getting stung despite value claimed higher than £14 and not as gift? I almost get stung 100% of the time if value is stated at anything higher than that. 

Speaking of which, my AUG's been released from customs, will hopefully get to the depot today for me to phone up and pay. 

Yeah, always chose the cheapest, slowest airmail, usually Hong Kong post (choosing EMS or a courier 95% chance of getting stung) which is delivered on our side via RM. I've had maybe 2 packages before this 3 to be stung at customs and one of those was 4 Kriss Mags so fair enough it was big n heavy! 

Though barrels, hop rubbers, valves, optics all things like that never been hit. Bought 2 EOTechs off Samoon (fantastic btw, holds zero on a KWA LM4) and a few AK bits sailed through fine, full value declared. 

Back on the AUG the initial review doesn't look as rock solid as I would have hoped. Think I'll sit back wait for a few folk to put a few thousand rounds through see what happens. 

Also had no idea the AKs now take VSR hops?

I made it take VSR hops.  Like the VFCs with VSR hop, the accuracy difference on the GHK was like going from a MAC10 to a MK12.

Done the VSR mod to 2 X GHK AK 105, 3 X GHK G5s, 1 X GHK M4, 3 X VFC M4, 3 X VFC MP5, 1 X VFC HK416.  Highly recommend it

If you are not good with modifying existing parts, then you can get a new aluminum VSR hop unit from Samoon for both the M4 and AK.  They are made by GBL and called the Captain America and Iron Man, respectively.  But they are not cheap...

If you are not good with modifying existing parts, then you can get a new aluminum VSR hop unit from Samoon for both the M4 and AK.  They are made by GBL and called the Captain America and Iron Man, respectively.  But they are not cheap...

I think this is it - https://samoon.com.tw/tutor-ak-ironman (Iron Man for AK).

They saying: Attention: Only AEG inner barrel needs to modify; GBB inner barrel can installed directly.

But at the bottom: Note: The original inner tube from GHK is 6.02 "AEG" precision version.

So, to get "No modification Requied" situation i need also buy GBB inner barrel and hop-up rubber? $51+24+10 = damn $85!

I believe the Iron Man (AK) and Captain America (M4) sets come with the hop up rubber.

I have no personal experience (haven't bought the Captain America for my M4 yet), but that is what I remember seeing from others' experiences.

I think this is it - https://samoon.com.tw/tutor-ak-ironman (Iron Man for AK).

They saying: Attention: Only AEG inner barrel needs to modify; GBB inner barrel can installed directly.

But at the bottom: Note: The original inner tube from GHK is 6.02 "AEG" precision version.

So, to get "No modification Requied" situation i need also buy GBB inner barrel and hop-up rubber? $51+24+10 = damn $85!

Hop unit comes with the bucking.  If you convert your GHK hop unit to VSR, you still have to buy a new bucking and inner barrel...so it is still cheaper to convert a GHK hop unit but buying the GBL (or the upcoming APlus hop unit) will get you an all aluminum unit.  Pro's and Con's to both options...

Hop unit comes with the bucking.  If you convert your GHK hop unit to VSR, you still have to buy a new bucking and inner barrel...so it is still cheaper to convert a GHK hop unit but buying the GBL (or the upcoming APlus hop unit) will get you an all aluminum unit.  Pro's and Con's to both options...

Nothing a Dremel and a fibreglass reinforced cutting bit can't do with add the grove for the hop rubber it slot in, and also to enlarge the window.

The thing is that with a AEG to VSR conversion without the hop unit, the hop rubber needs to be cut shorter at the muzzle end in order to fit.  Something you may/may not want to do.

Nothing a Dremel and a fibreglass reinforced cutting bit can't do with add the grove for the hop rubber it slot in, and also to enlarge the window.

The thing is that with a AEG to VSR conversion without the hop unit, the hop rubber needs to be cut shorter at the muzzle end in order to fit.  Something you may/may not want to do.

You are much more adept with a dremel than I am.  I have tried that twice and the cutting bit walked on me causing the ring to be incorrect.

Anybody else got their AUG's???

Mine was released from jail (err, USA Customs at LA) yesterday so that means it will most likely be delivered today but since no one is home it will be tomorrow...

Wonder how easy / hard it may be to mod the body to have an A3 style bolt release? The bolt stop is kinda janky right now, you can't do an HK slap style reload if you do it after the bolt is locked back... when you slap the charging handle the bolt just stays back. 

I ordered 9 from Samoon already (only 4 are mine)... was worried I jumped in too early only to see eHob selling it for less later.. phew!

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh well, I don't pay full price at ehobby, nor should anyone, they ALWAYS do 10% off, and up to 25% off.. I just wait for the time :3

Archived