lr 300 pics

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you have to do any internal work on the metal body to get

it all to fit right ,any filing,grinding etc...

It was all very tight when putting it together, I think they got the tolerances spot on before they painted everything!

I didn't have to do any filing or grinding on the body. I had to modify the screw in the top of the stock as it wouldn't lock out when adjusting the length.

The biggest mod was to the gearbox wiring. As the SR-16 was designed for the rear battery I had to rewire it to accept the front mounted battery. Also the wiring had to be long as when you dismantle the upper and lower receiver the top one slides forward until it is clear of the lower one unlike the plastic standard parts which come apart with the front body pin still in place.

That sounds pretty straight forward, if you dont mind me asking ,

how much did it cost?

how long did shipping take ?

i really fancy one of these but finding one for a reasonable price

seems to be tricky.

cheers

jim.

I got everything from UN Company which included

Prime LR300 SRF conversion kit.

SOPMOD stock was a straight swap for the folding version.

Kings Arms pistol grip.

2 x Sanyo 1700mah 9.6v batteries + charger.

A new TM 1000 motor .

Guarder ACOG red-dot 30mm scope

G&G 450 round Thermold mag

Gun bag

It all came to just over £400 including shipping. I had it shipped by surface delivery which took about 8 weeks but I didn't get charged import tax or VAT.

Wowee, that is one nice looking rifle. Anyone panning armalites can't argue with that baby!! :D

It does look like a render though, I know its not, but that lighting is, well, perfect. You shouldn't be able to get it lit like that! How on earth did you actually take the photo?!?

Wowee, that is one nice looking rifle. Anyone panning armalites can't argue with that baby!! :D

It does look like a render though, I know its not, but that lighting is, well, perfect. You shouldn't be able to get it lit like that! How on earth did you actually take the photo?!?

Thanks for the compliment, I use a Canon digital SRL, the background is an A4 size mounting card, I always use natural light whenever possible, overcast is the best light as you don't end up with sharp shadows .

I placed the card on my patio, use a short lens, stand over the card and take the picture as high as you can when standing upright. If you have a zoom lens adjust it to capture what you want. I used the point & shoot mode for this shot to sort out the exposure etc. Of course the beauty of digital is you can take enough shots until you get a good one!

I'm sure that after the first skirmish I take it to it will no longer look like a render!

Pictures of the actual gun will go up tomorrow if i have a chance to take some new ones.

Again, i apologize for the phallic nature of this picture. Believe it or not, this was entirely unintentional.

magsz18069om.jpg

Some information on the gun goes as follows:

Prime ML kit with engraved trademarks not the *suitcasey* laser etched ones.

Guarder black hopup

PDI 150%

Deep fire piston

CA reinforced gearbox

Systema standard ratio gears

Systema bushings

Systema nozzle

Systema cylinder

Systema silent piston head/cylinder head

Systema ball bearing spring guide

Systema tappet plate

Systema torque up motor

KM TN 6.04 inner barrel

2500 mah 9.6 volt custom battery pack.

G&G rear one point sling plate

Hakko tacpoint in an A.R.M.S M68 Comp mount with riser.

Bushmaster BUIS.

Edited by Magsz
Again, i apologize for the phallic nature of this picture.  Believe it or not, this was entirely unintentional.

Pffftt, yeah right, Magz. I believe that as much as i belive Bush has an Iraq exit strategy.

Great looking gun however. +1 from me.

I lost the damn camera software for my digicam so i cant upload pictures at the moment.

If i ever find the damn CD ill have more pictures of my LR incoming.

On a side note, the GR300 is the biggest piece of toyish trash i have ever felt when compared side by side with the prime kit.