Nobody talking about the Maru-Fes teaser?

Wingmann

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either would be interesting. An NGRS MP5 would be great, just to have updated furniture and hop unit (with pixies in). Not sure where they'd put the recoil though. Cocking handle? Some sort of modified gearbox so you can fit it in the top part of the receiver? If it was in the stock that'd limit your model options, which seems less likely.

On the other hand, a GBB MP5K could be hilariously good fun...

Given the state of MP5 offerings out there that I've seen, I'd very strongly consider either.  Been properly after a good one for almost a year now, doesn't look like the steel Avalons are getting made again, not sure I even want to wait for the LCT.

One day someone will make a highly reliable and generally solid performing EBB/GBB with the realistic externals we want out of the box.  Not sure when, but I'm not sure what's more likely - TM doing steel or VFC doing great insides.

Whilst I have a mate that is on a MP5 binge lately, I doubt he will even look at a TM one regardless if it is ebb or gbb simply because he prefers to scrounge up things to rebuild.

I myself have little interest sadly, despite how much I want to be for TM.

12 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

One day someone will make a highly reliable and generally solid performing EBB/GBB with the realistic externals we want out of the box.  Not sure when, but I'm not sure what's more likely - TM doing steel or VFC doing great insides.

To get that I'm afraid we'll have to wait for an LCT EBB/GHK GBB MP5.

GHK gas may be interesting (not sure if they have any plans?) but given LCT's EBB reviews so far I'd not sure I'd be hopeful for it; unless they've turned things around?  I considered the ICS of course, nice option for sure but I don't know the external dimensions whereas I know the Avalons allow RS stocks, handguards and sight rails to fit right on.

To me, when it comes down to it, I find that I think I care about steel and realistic outsides a lot, but I end up caring about that a lot less than I care about the assuring reliability and predictable good performance (usually of a TM) as soon as they say game on - or another way to phrase it, I care a lot less about the positives of externals than I do about bad internals when a gun lets me down.. personally.  That and even if you handle them side by side, if you did a blind test most people probably won't feel what's steel and what's zamac under paint, if they were being honest with themselves.  Rattley stocks and handguard etc yes and higher end materials can help prevent that over time/a lot of use, but any pride about outsides is quickly side-lined when the trigger's pulled on game day - at least to me.  Even though I play maybe once every 18 months, that remains my mindset.  Obviously if you're just going to physically batter your guns around, something like an LCT makes a lot of sense.

It's hard to know exactly the way to word this and a lot of my own purchases in the past don't even mirror this mindset, but I've often put the money in to getting work done on better guts for nice looking guns in the past.  Pricey option though and I think you often need a lot of cash and/or someone with a ton of experience to make bad internals up to TM's general standards (sure some folks not TM fans will disagree ofc).

At one end of the scale you get the VFC GBB, takes almost everything RS and you make something that looks, feels and sounds immense; will probably be unique if not close to it if you get tons of RS parts and then maybe you get one that runs ok, or maybe it's a nightmare for all time.  Other end of the scale is probably a forever bone-stock OG TM AEG.  Where's the best spot in the middle?  Tough one...

Well that was certainly interesting.  Love how they go for those big action ads and I rather just watch Marui Man do his thing instead (I am now wanting him to star in a Japanese retelling of Die Hard now).

Gearbox scares me but at least the wires are outside the shell, though I assume there is no motor cage sadly.  I imagine Laylax is already drawing up plans for this thing if not adapting their existing parts for it.

It will high price and barely imported here I reckon, but I do hope it does well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived