Wht gun goes with Who

Pyro

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares whether there's extra rivets or not - are you going to stop a fire fight to say "erm Mr. Bad guy - how many rivets are in your reciever??" No an AK is an AK by design no matter where it is made or how many rivets there are

It was a film quote. Maybe if you had of read it correctly, you would of noticed 'he' was making a statement whilst looking at something.

And i'll give someone a rep point when i can if they can tell me the film.

G3 variants also used by german KSK. They use the P8 as sidearm, right? Oh, and they have the MP7.

Spanish GEO:

-MP5,

-SIG 552 / 551

-P90

-HK 33E

-Franchi SPS350

-PSG1

-SSG2000

-Sako TRG-21 / SSR Mk2,

-Sig Sauer P226

I beleive that SEALs sometimes carry a few Type 56...

depending on teh mission, USSF/SOC groups wil carry Ak47s, Ak74s, An94, whatever the mission calls for.

I'd be rather surprised to see a US unit carrying the AN-94 since it has its own specific ammunition and thus wouldn't really have any advantage over carrying something in NATO calibre . . .ok so the two round burst function is cool but is it really more useful than being able to pick up bad guys' mags?

From what I can remember, the AN-94 is not very widespread within the Russian military; only a few special forces units have access to it as it apparently is more complicated then the kalashnikov and is harder to maintain and is more expensive and difficult to make. The majority of the Russian army uses an AK-74 variant of some description though certain parts of the army may still be found using the older AKMs.

As such, I don't think any American unit will ever be trained to use or will end up using an AN-94 because it is very unlikely for that weapon to see widespread use anywhere outside a few select Russian units.

Just noticed tonight whilst watching 'Escape to the Legion' on C4 (very good actually) that the modern day French Foreign Legion were using Famas rifles.

What did you think they would use? They only have the FA MAS as service rifle (although they have some MP5s, but those are SMGs), and I´ve seen prototypes of new designs, so I guess they´ll be using the FA MAS forever.

The Commandos used the tompson. My Grandad got hold of a tompson in the home front, but only fired it, didn't accually use it as he used an SMLE. So someone in the British army had a tompson in service. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the commandoes used the tompson, but switched to the sten due to reliability issues.

Archived