Wht gun goes with Who

Pyro

British Police ain't armed ;)

Some are....

actually not entirely true, scince the handgun ban, regular POs dont need guns so they dont have them

but the ARUs(armed responce units) are armed

all ARUs - glock 17

most ARUs - MP5 (various configurations)

rarely - various assault rifles, including ster AUGs, G36 (unknown varient), and 100 L85A1s that the MOD couldent be bothered to upgrade to the A2

my local ARU (milton keynes) has 8 officers, all with Glock 17s, 4 with MP5seA5(with RDS, 10 round mag, and the 'se' means safe and singleshot, no full auto or burst)

rumors are that they are getting 2 of the SA80s soon

:P

Not all armed officers use the Glock.... There will be no L85s for ARUs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if the ARMED response units aren't armed then they wouldn't be called that

would they?

I was refering to those on the field and the smilie showed i wasn't all too

serious.

Gosh, some of you guys are so critical.

AK-BS (Beita Spetsnaz)

I heard from Futbolpunk along time ago that the word "Spetsnaz" is some word in Russian. It is the name of their special forces over there in Russia.

Hold on a minute and let me check on google....

~P

I don't belive the AKBS from TM was based on a real Ak carbine, but rather invented by TM. Just like the G3-SAS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what I always thought was going on.

@ ED-SKar

Armed response units are armed?  ;)

@ All

Anyone else here got Jane's Guns recognition guide, it be darn good.

i have it, it is good, but in some places it isn't totally accurate probably because its so big :P . And i've never heard of ARUs having single shot only mp5s or having l85s.

@ ED-SKar

Armed response units are armed?  ;)

it seamed right when i wrote it, (who proof reads forum posts anyway)

and i saw somewhere a report that 100 L85A1 AND 10 L86A1 being transfered to the british police

(note we made 320k L85s, all of them got upgraded to L85A1 but only 200k got upgraded to A2s, so where did the other 120k go, to terrorists mainly)

I don't belive the AKBS from TM was based on a real Ak carbine, but rather invented by TM. Just like the G3-SAS. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was what I always thought was going on.

correct! :P

the AKBs is VERY loosely based on the AKs74u

but is mainly a TM made up gun

I would remove the Navy SEALs from the Sig 552 users. That was a marketing ploy TM used to cash in on SOCOM I/II players.

Sig P226

U.S.Navy SEALs

Various American law enforcment agences

British Military

Sig P228

US Army/Air Force (classifed as M11 pistol)

US Secret Service

Various American law enforcemnt agencies

M1911 variants

All US Military branches prior to introduction of the M9

Various US Federal agencies and state/local law enforcement agencies

USMC MEU, FAST(?), Force Recon, and that new Spec Ops capable unit

LAPD Metro SWAT

US Army SFOD-D "Delta Force"

G36

German Army

G36k- Various commando units including the SAS who

also uses the C

G36C- Various Law Enforcement agencies in the US

G36 = Standard duty rifle for German Bundeswehr, in E Configuration duty rifle of Spain.

G36K = Used by the KSK (SF), Kampschwimmer (equivalent to SEALs), Feldjäger (Military Police) and other German military units (Luftwaffensicherungskräfte (Air Force Security personnel), EOD-Personnel etc.)

Also used by various Police Special Forces

G36C = AFAIK no military application worldwide, widely spread in US LE Units, sometimes seen in the hands of LE operators in Asia, Near East, France and the UK

correct! :P

the AKBs is VERY loosely based on the AKs74u

but is mainly a TM made up gun

Well, I never said that it was used by real armies or anything. I merly stated that the name was the name of the special forces in Russia, I think.

TM named it that because it was too be a special forces tactical version of the AK-47(74)

~P

AUG is used by quite a few other countries as well including Saudi Arabia, New Guinea, Oman, Nigeria, New Zealand, Moracco, Ecuador, Cameroon, Bolivia, Tunisia, annd I have seen a picture of what appeared to be french troops using AUG Carbines, but I don't think it's confirmed.

The Chinese produce the Type 56, not the AK47. It's a copy. Most "AK's" in the arabian region are chinese because they are cheaper.

But the difference is hard to tell.

You know,thats the chinese version. You can tell by the extra rivets in the reciever.
The Chinese produce the Type 56, not the AK47. It's a copy. Most "AK's" in the arabian region are chinese because they are cheaper.

But the difference is hard to tell.

what is surprising is that the type 56 is a licsnced copy of the AK47, most AK47s in the world today (over a milion working units according to the 'guinnes book of records) are unlicenced copys made by local, small, gunsmiths simply because the AK47 is so bloody simple

Archived