Side Arm

Paintchip

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best springer you could get would probably be the KWC Desert Eagle Ultra-Grade .50. That thing is supposedly one of the best springers around.

But really, gas guns are too awesome to miss out on. Forget your bad paintball experience and move on. You won't regret it. Really.

Chip, have you actually seen or handled any GBB? It might be a good idea to not eliminate any class of airsoft based on a presumption. Most GBB's are quite easy to manage, except for the low-end cheap stuff.

If the cost is a concern, you might want to look into Non-Blow Backs. Much higher gas economy, nicely powerful, fool-proof, and usually cheaper than GBB's. It's not well known, but TM makes decent NBB's for cheap.

gas really isn't an issue. OK, green gas costs like 15 bucks a can (USD), but you can get an airsoft inovation propane adaptor that lets you fill your mags from propane bottles (propane and green gas are almost identical). is costs $30, but you only have to buy it once, and it's like $4 to refill a propane bottle, and a filled bottle lasts longer than a can of green.

also, if you want something that's easy as chips to take care of, look at gas non-blowbacks. more power, cheaper, and easier to maintain than GBBs. the TM Mk 23 NBB is a popular choice, as is the UHC USP.

Damn, thats what i was afraid of. I just don't want to have to deal with gas and i like mag loading guns and not hopper ones

I also like mag loading clips and not hopper although there might be some gas like that.

By hopper you mean like a gravity fed thing on top, like those used in paintball?

99% of gas guns use mags, not hoppers. Unless you're talking about something else, but based on your paintball experience I doubt it.

w00t 200 :bounce:

TBH you'll probably have the most fun with a gas gun, and that's what this is all about isn't it? You'll get used to using the pistol with gas very quickly (I know I have) and they're suprisingly low-maintenance bits of kit. Commonly recommended gas guns are the TM Hi-Capa, the KWA G19 and the KSC USP Compact. I have the Compact and it's a very nice, reliable and most of all FUN little gun to shoot :)

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else if you want a sidearm... buy gas. Now if you really don't want a gas pistol, just buy more mags and batteries. Rarely will your AEG actually malfunction in the middle of a game. More often then not you'll run out of juice, ammo or just feel like using a pistol. That being said I really would suggest a GBB or NBB. It seems you are mistaken as to how they work, you actually load the gas AND bb's (no hopper) into the magazine and your ready to go.

Archived