Guns from the new Doom movie :)

Sgt Craig

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There you go again!

My information and other information stands only when it dis-credits me and not you.

Look dude. They said right in the interview, that through out the whole movie they only make minor suggestions as to where the creatures come from. They never state flat out. They have confirmed that many original Doom monsters are in the movie, such as the pinky demon and imps. The movie itself is loosely based on Doom 3(which was a retelling of the original) so nobody short of the movie's cast and crew knows anything about anything when it comes to the movie.

So can it will ya?

This whole thread talks about demons from hell which are not in the movie. They leave people to infer where they come from. And as far as I am concerend they come from the NeverLand Ranch.

And since, unlike the games, they don't show or state where they come from. You are free to believe that. Unless the movie comes out and they say "ok we found out they came from here!" at which point you'd most likely be wrong.

Again, simple logic prevails.

Law of averages: Many people are more likely to be right than one person, when all of the people involved are of equal intellect. So I am assuming that everyone is of the same general mental stratum, even you, Agent Hunk (although I am giving you the benefit of the doubt here).

Now;

People who say "Aliens": 1

No, they are not demons. Why the heck would demons be in space? They are ALIENS. Read the stinking books.

People who say "Demons": 11

Nope, they are definetly demons. Someone screwed up and opened up hell. Hence the posesed marines and all of them pant-browning monsters

And you play the damn games! WHICH IS WHAT THE MOVIE IS BASED OFF OF.

Maybe Doom 1 and 2 were aliens, but Doom 3 definitely contains demons and lots of them. I'm sorry, Hunk, but there is no way floating green human skulls are aliens.

My $0.02, I think he's a bit young / classless (I mean that in a nice way :) ).

I think Patrick Stewart or maybe even Terence Stamp would do the role better. Prolly need lotsa stunt-doubles / CGI as they're both quite long in the tooth.

Back on topic ... Has been MANY years since I played either on the first two games, but I'm pretty sure Doom 1 and 2 were filled with Dooms / minions of Hell rather than Aliens ... there was definitely plenty of occult symbolism though-out both games … if the books ‘changed’ them to aliens then that was prolly so the books could actually be sold in the US (like without being burnt …)

TBH, I’m actually looking forward to seeing this movie … I don’t think that it will be good, but I do think it will be enjoyable … (just like Resident Evil 1). I’m also interested to see the FPS / POV scene, preferably with someone who’s never played a FPS game … I suspect that it will be hard to watch for anyone except for gamers – motion-sickness anyone?

I was going to post a long reply but I like this better.

post-6259-1123361113_thumb.jpg

well if there are pentacles (yes i know NOT really demonic symbols but tell the rest of the word that), candals ritually sliced up bodies, pillars of fire and pools of blood it kind of points just a little towards demons and then the fact that in the walkthroughs they are CALLED demons and IN THE GAME they are refered to as demons how do you get "oh its in space they must be ALIENS!" and if hell is an alternate dimention ripped open by the experiments of scientists gone mad then it can happen on pluto if it wants too!

EDIT: and the fighting well i guess they are just evil and hate each other...

G36SFs, actually.

Hhhhmmmm...

The walkthroughs all say "Demons".

The game refers to them as "Demons".

There are numerous pentacles, seas of blood, fireballs and big ugly things that look like demons (rear end of a goat, horns, red eyes and throw fire etc...)

You sir, are an eeeeeeeeejit.

Play the games, then take your opinions and present them to us.

Ummm... yeah, definately demons...

For those taht want to play Doom 1 and 2. Buy the Collector's Edition or whatever of Doom 3, it's a special feature

Doom 64 Strategy guide Monster and Creatures from Doom 2 Strategy Guide (yes I still have them...) Imp, Nightmare Imp, BULL DEMON, Spectre, Lost Souls, cacoDEMON, Pain Elemental, HELL Knight, Baron of Hell, Mancubus, Cyberdemon, Mother Demon... need say anymore?

Anyway... done with rant on ignorant people...

Movie makers need to get more creative...

Alex "Col Sanders"

I believe that you are applying to much twisted logic to a simple video game. Why would the creators make aliens and then call them demons in the strategy guide? Why would aliens bother finding out what we fear the most and then pretending to be demons? I think aliens would be pretty damn scary. Why would the creators bother putting candles and pentagrams in a game about aliens? Why won't you take it at face value and admit that it is a simple game about killing demons? Why won't you just admit that the books are different from the game?

P.S. The game would suck if the demons couldn't die.

so, if you can discount the manual, names, descriptions, level names, end of episode text, ingame text, statements from people who made the game, box art, box text, the actual story, and the "inferences" you can say they arent demons.

My original statement of you being an idiot, stands.

Again you are freakin retarded.

ID Software states

"Doom 3 is a RETELLING OF THE ORIGINAL STORY WITH MORE EMPHASIS ON THE STORY ITSELF, such as how the demons came on mars and how everything got to hell"

Doom 2 was called Hell on Earth because the demons of hell wanted to take over the earth after failing on mars. That was the goddamn principle of the story, you can even look at id softwares website, it states it in plain text.

You need to use google for a change before spouting your mouth off with ignorant ######.

1 VS 11.

We win.

Agent Hulk, you fail.

Wow and you fail at useing the qoute feature.

And this is already done with. Your quite late.

So it looks like your the failure.

And just becuase I can and you infered I would called you a Nazi earlier(I think it was you) I feel I hsould relate this to Nazis.

There were more Nazis then Jews and the Nazis beleived what they where doing was right. Does that make what they think right no, so its more so a theory of averages, unless someone provides sufficent data to yield that that the magority is usally right. And it takes ALOT of proof for scientific laws.

So why dont you just go away. This dispute is done and over with. Stop trying to provoke flame wars.

And as I have told you several times. Grow up.

Wow and you fail at useing the qoute feature.

It doesn't wok with more than a certain amount of quotes within a post. ######.

And this is already done with. Your quite late.

Yes, we all agreed that you were wrong. YOU were the one who was dragging it out.

So it looks like your the failure.

This from the person who still cannot comprehend a simple fact that 11 other people have.

And just becuase I can and you infered I would called you a Nazi earlier(I think it was you) I feel I hsould relate this to Nazis.

Wasn't me actually. But why not bring Nazis into it? Nazis have EVERYTHING to do with Doom and you being a thick.

(Sarcasm by the way.)

There were more Nazis then Jews and the Nazis beleived what they where doing was right. Does that make what they think right no, so its more so a theory of averages, unless someone provides sufficent data to yield that that the magority is usally right. And it takes ALOT of proof for scientific laws.

1) There were not more Nazis then Jews.

2) A lot of proof?

You have so far based your argument on ONE article which actually proves YOU wrong, and the books.

That's two.

We have based our argument on:

1) The official DOOM website.

2) The DOOM walkthroughs.

3) The DOOM Manuals.

4) The DOOM Fansites.

5) The DOOM Games themselves.

6) The Makers of DOOM.

That's not all, but it'll do.

That's six, by the way.

Last time I checked, 6 is bigger than 2.

Also, 2 articles is not "A lot of proof".

So why dont you just go away. This dispute is done and over with. Stop trying to provoke flame wars.

And as I have told you several times. Grow up.

Ironic, considering that you have managed to involve Nazis and continuously state something as the gospel truth when a great majority of people have proved otherwise with perfectly rational arguments and valid evidence, whilst your own is doubtful, to say the least.

That sounds like stubbornness and an inability to face the fact that you are in error.

Which is a hallmark of immaturity.

I thought this thread was a discussion about G36 rifles Featured in the new Doom Movie... Not a "It's an Imp i tell ya! No it's not, it's Bob Geldof in the morning!" thread. Stay on topics guys, as i've noticed the flames getting a little high in here (and that has nothing to do with Doom OR Id)

I shall defuse the situation thusly:

*Sound of situation being defused*

I give up. Agent Hunk can believe whatever he wants. I cannot waste any more time on a person so deluded.

In other news, I ate pancakes this morning.

They were sticky...:unsure:

Allow me to elaborate

Claiming that demons are aliens is fine, but denying that they are demons is not

charts1.jpg

See, all demons are aliens, not all aliens are demons. The critters in doom are demons, period. It took you about 10 posts and a week to come to this.

This brings us to figure two

<REMOVED>

Yes forget the game creators official website, obviously it doesn't know *beep* now does it?

John Carmack himself stated in an interview that Doom 1 + 2 were both planned ahead of time. They knew from the success of wolfenstein 3d that the Doom games would be really popular. Doom 3 the company itself had to be coerced into doing so, and this is what caused Romero to leave the company, he did not agree with remaking the original instead he wanted to do something new(hence Daikatana).

This was all stated on a G4TechTV show called Icons. If you have this channel and they show the rerun, watch it and learn something.

Until then, continue believing a fallacy. Because what you think the Doom games are about is 110% wrong.

Edit: I caps Zombified because in Doom 1 they even state they are undead marines. Which was clue #1 to the demons being from hell.

It's on right now :P

Ok, this thread has been so far derailed, I can't see it getting back on track without revisiting the unrelated territory contained herein. The spamming and flaming even continued after Rhino's friendly request above. :o

So the matter is done with. One user made a mistake, he got neg-repped for it and he admitted he was wrong.

Let's leave it at that.

If the ORIGINAL subject or question still needs answers, then start a new thread, but let's nip this arguing in the bud right here shall we.

Lessons learned - Thread closed.

Archived