Guns from the new Doom movie :)

Sgt Craig

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TDS - where's the screenplay? I have yet to find a genuine one.

ummm, I dont think I saved it. Over on fark.com the guy that wrote it posted up peices of it and appologized for being the person to "do in the bum" the best video game series ever :P

Its actually not "that bad" if you are expecting a B action movie, not DooM. I was more expecting something like the games, far more demonic/religious undertones. Then again, there are people out there that actually liked resident evil >.>

Doom - the orignal - forever.

You should download ZdoomGL, you can play the original doom in full 3d with lighting and stuff, its fantastic.

Also, try the alien vendetta addon chapters, Its the best map set ive ever played, by far, and pretty hard too.

Was anyone expecting the movie to be good? All video game to movie (as well as movie to video game) transitions are godawful. It's a rare treat when you find a good one. Although, I really enjoyed the Mortal Kombat movie (not Annihilation, the original). They're making a third now...

As for G36Cs, they're become huge movie stars. They show up everywhere. Resident Evil, The Bourne Identity, dozens of others... the G36 and the Desert Eagle are now the biggest weapon movie stars.

As long as they keep the story line to one sentence, it should be a pretty good action/horror movie (if done right.)

But the story line cant go past this: Some one f'd up, and a mars base got taken over by demons, everyone but you is dead.

That sums up doom 1 and doom 3. Doom 2 is a bit more complex, the took over earth. :\

I cant really think of any 'good' video game to movie translations. And only a few (recent) book to movie translations.

Though, there are alot of good Movie to video game translations. (Duke Nukem anyone?)

I don't think he was talking about licensed games, I thought he was talking more along the lines of the Star Wars ep3 game and the Willy Wonka game. Besides this movie reminds me a lot of Resident evil, close to the game but not close enough for hardcore fans... that and The Rock reminds me of the black guy in Resident evil very much.

Back to the topic. It looks like they took the idea of the g36 and just made it bulkier and instead of the grenade launcher it looks like they put a rather large flash light in it.

I think you posted links to two different guns. But both based off the G36. Seeing the trailer is what wanted me to make my BFG G36 as you can see in a topc below here. But the first link is an assualt rifle while the bottom looks like a plasma rifle.

And I dont think the movie looks bad. And there are no demons in the games. They are aliens.

As for G36Cs, they're become huge movie stars.  They show up everywhere.  Resident Evil, The Bourne Identity, dozens of others...

Resident Evil: G36K (without stock) + AG36

Bourne Identity = no G36s as far as I remebmer it; Bourne Supremacy = fullsize G36

The only movie I've ever seen a G36C in was Alien vs. Predator.

I think you posted links to two different guns. But both based off the G36. Seeing the trailer is what wanted me to make my BFG G36 as you can see in a topc below here. But the first link is an assualt rifle while the bottom looks like a plasma rifle.

And I dont think the movie looks bad. And there are no demons in the games. They are aliens.

I'm sure its the same gun, although in the first pic the magazine has not been loaded (its taken from the scene where they are all loading up their gear)

Archived