Pictures of your Weapon

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just found out that if i wanted to build my MK12 Mod0 SPR it would seriously set me back a month or two worth of paychecks. This is everything i have on a list to build it if i can get the funds. If i were to use the cash i have in my savings account i would be short $200, i wonder if it is really worth the verbal and physical beating from my parents <_<

GB Tech Mk12 Mod0 Kit - $468

GP SPR Reciever - $185

GRS gearbox - $115

STAR M3 scope - $74

ICS standalone flip sight - $49

Tightbore barrel - $25

King Arms 30mm Tactical Rings - $73

CA M16 stock - $34

Marui Tactical Bipod - $85

Systema Torque motor - $43

GP 9.6v 3300mah battery - $36

Total w/o shipping & tax - $1,187 :o

Edited by WhiteFeather
I just found out that if i wanted to build my MK12 Mod0 SPR it would seriously set me back a month or two worth of paychecks.  This is everything i have on a list to build it if i can get the funds.  If i were to use the cash i have in my savings account i would be short $200, i wonder if it is really worth the verbal and physical beating from my parents  <_<

GP SPR Reciever - $185

GRS gearbox - $115

STAR M3 scope - $74

Tightbore barrel - $25

CA M16 stock - $34

Total w/o shipping & tax - $1,187  :o

Buy the real thing and you can save ten or so dollars. :P

Total w/o shipping & tax - 1,177. :D

dam, nice racing pistol... Did u customize it or buy it like that? If u customized how did u get the compensator?

-ham-

Thanks :) . I got the SpeedCompII used in stock form, which comes with compensator and extended inner barrel standard (meant to be a race gun in the first place :rolleyes: ). You can, however, find WA compensators in various HK airsoft stores (I just saw one in DenTrinity's store yesterday).

ya i know. Have you been to armed forces? They have the sleekest shiensit nickel plated racing pistol with scale grip i ever saw...I have a 5 inch infinity, thinkin about gettin it a compensator.

-ham-

Is yours a SCW SVI? The "official" way to attach a comp to a 1911 is through the use of suppressor lock and competition-styled chamber. There is no SCW-compatible competition chamber right now....as far as I know.

Dentrinity does have a product that allows you to work around the issue:

tndtpwillsonbarrel.jpg

But I have never seen this in stock in Den's local store.

You sure thats "nickel plate" :huh:? Usually those crazy race guns showcased in the MongKok stores are made of polished stainless steel or aluminium

I just found out that if i wanted to build my MK12 Mod0 SPR it would seriously set me back a month or two worth of paychecks.  This is everything i have on a list to build it if i can get the funds.  If i were to use the cash i have in my savings account i would be short $200, i wonder if it is really worth the verbal and physical beating from my parents  <_<

GP SPR Reciever - $185

GRS gearbox - $115

STAR M3 scope - $74

Tightbore barrel - $25

CA M16 stock - $34

Total w/o shipping & tax - $1,187  :o

The G&P reciever set is complete garbage. It's too bad it looks really nice, but that's about it.

1: The upper and lower do NOT meet correctly, especially towards the front by the mag well. There is about a 1/16" gap...it might not seem like much, but it is wide enough to clearly see the gearbox and allow dirt or other loose particles to find it's way in. I found this to be the case for most G&P metal bodies I have seen (so far I've helped install six M4/M16 metal bodies and four were bad: the SPR kit, 9mm, M16(VN), and M733). I always use a Fastec Progear box; it might just be a compatibility issue, but the M16A2 and SR25(CNC version) fit fine, with no big seams.

2: NONE of the pin holes align (the two reciever pins, the gearbox pin, and the trigger guard pin). I've either had to widen the pin holes or mill down the pins. Again, this was the case for the SPR kit.

3: The GB-Tech Mk12 barrel will NOT fit into the upper. However, this wasn't such a big deal to fix. A quick widening of the slot on the top.

4: The GB-Tech barrel nut will not fit the upper correctly. I had to remove about 1/8" of material from the upper (the portion where the nut engages the reciever) and use a mallet on my wrench to make it fit right. I had to remove about 1/32" per pass to make sure I do not take off too much material.

5. The fake bolt-stop does not fit. Again, I had to widen the hole and mod the bolt-stop a bit.

These are the problems I've personally experienced. Other stories I hear are problems with the selector and mag catch. Again, I've had no issues with the selector. The motion is tight and clicks into place fine for all G&P bodies I've installed. I've also read of problems with the GRS gearbox (this is internet sepculation, I've never personally seen or handles one). Something about 2nd rate internals? Do some research before you buy that GRS gearbox!

Finally, before people jump on me, these are my experiences. Somebody across the globe might sware by these, but I do NOT recommend them. If anyone cares, the best M4/M16 metal recievers I've worked with is Zeke (I've acutally fit Zeke metal bodies in a matter of minuets). Guarder and Systema seem to be very very close in quality, but I've had some minor fitting issues in the past...again, NOT a huge issue. Never installed a Hurricane metal receiver.

If anyone needs pics or questions, please PM me.