Pictures of your Weapon

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ROFL! cheers chaps! :) glad you liked them - i was worried they were a little harsh..

really all it was is my white table [its horrible really, its usually covered in a table cloth] and a desklamp bolted to it over the top.

the room light is also on, and the camera is on a tripod, with a 2 sec delay to stop any movement in the camera when i press the button [i still dont have a remote thingy/cable release], oh and i use flash.

camera is set to, i think, 2 second exposure.

aperture is pretty wide-ish iirc.

the resulting photo is still quite dark and has a very strong orange tint because of the domestic lights [still visible in the photos] - and i just try and correct everything as much as i can in photoshop.

i'm trying to get some time in a proper studio atm, and i'll do nicer shots then, with little or no faffing/correction going on..

so the 'light table' is really just a white table, with several lights bouncing off it [room, desklamp, flash], and then contrast-adjusted in photoshop.

heres some sample EXIF data [from one of the close-ups of the aimpoint replica on the M14]..

X resolution 72

Y resolution 72

Datetime 2005:04:17 22:55:47

Exposure time 2 s

F-number 9.5

ISO speed ratings 200

Date/time original 2005:04:17 22:55:47

Date/time digitized 2005:04:17 22:55:47

Metering mode Pattern

Flash

Focal length 50 mm

Colorspace sRGB

hope that helps!

ps.

i normally hate using flash, but in this case, the flash was 'offset' i suppose by the other lights, and it helped withthe focus under imperfect lighting conditions..

i'd be happy if theres any advice i can get to make my pics better under such lighting conidtions..

Edited by oikoik

Heres my current collection

augeroo.jpg

G17 with metal slide and barrel form KWA

Cheapo PPk NBB but with moodified silencer, that actually works (dead silent)

TM Civvie with OD tape pattern, looks tacky from up close but works wonders out in the bush, totally breaks that shape of the gun

Edited by Banzai

i call that the Gangsta Aug....Duct tape on a gun like its Gangstaflage ....you can hide that in bundles of muddy druggy piles =) hehe.......but in a way unique to have a gun like that and no one should stop you from doing what you want to do even if its slapping down tape on your gun to make it look unique

gallery_221_11_636.jpg

This is my weapon collection as of 04/05/05. This will be updated soon as I have some new toys on the way :)

Sorry about the quality of the picture, seems like the photo gallery has started to compress images :(

Edited by sp00n
sp00n how many mags you got for that mp5k??

Love that MP5k PDW you have there sp00n

Thanks.

What happened to the P90?

Sold it well over a year ago...I cant belive you guys even remember me having one.

spOOn: I guess the Uzi is sold then?

Yeah, sold it about 2 weeks ago.

Nice collection sp00n, although, isn't that M203 sight on backwards?

Nope, its on just like its supposed to be. :)