Star (TROY) SOPMOD M-14

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Drake- : http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html

Solo,

Thanks matey - theyre okay pics - i dont have access to a studio or anything at the moment so i have to make do with my table at home..

at about 5am this morning.. (heh, i slept late..)

followed by many hours fixing the shots in photoshop!

if i hadnt fixed them in some way the pics would be quite alot worse!

you can see the lighting is a bit too directionally strong and uneven.

i could do with a softbox actually..

i also had to lighten the pics a bit as the gun is quite dark [well, dark grey or just black] and i dont get much natural light at 5am :)

the pics are grainy because i wanted a more response under the light conditions, so the iso is set to 800+

iso of that and higher introduce grainy artifacts but brings an interesting quality to the picture anyway.. i think..

Anyway, thanks again Solo.. and everyone else :) it is indeed a very nice piece.. now to get myself to a game..

Damn, that's sexy as hell! :blink::wub:

I'm sold. Need to get one. NOW! :wide-eyed:

Stupid me, but I once heard that it only fires single shot, but I hope I'll stand corrected.

But seriously, does it fire full auto too?

Because as blind as I seem to be, I couldn't find a fire selector in all that sexy pictures.

Suppose it DOES full auto, 'cause the mag capacity seems a little high for single shot only... :rolleyes:

edit:

Are there any sling swivels on it?

Of course, for the front you can take any rail-mounted swivel, but what about the rear?

Could you provide pictures of the internals? And oh, while we're at it, some infos or even pictures about that gearbox would be nice too. :D

Are there any reports about spare/tuning part availability? Think it would be a shame to have to buy a second one just for spare parts (and as I'm sure you know, these babies are hard to come by...)

Edited by mhe
It only fires full auto :(

Well... If there is any easy method of decompressing the spring after a game, that would be okay for me. Like the forward assist on the ICS Armalites. But I'm a little surprised, that there are not both fire modes present.

edit:

Aaaah, already figured out.

You actually CAN reset the spring.

Click

Edited by mhe

Im SO gonna get this rifle asap! Looking forwards to it for quite a while...Damn fast british shops O_O

And Im gonna put a QD silencer on it, muhahahaha, who needs realism anyway :P

Oik, happen to own an eotech? Put it on and take pics :P Got an M203? Put it on and take pics ;)

Pleasey Pleasy Please Please :)