M1a Scout

With the help of DeeDee, I now have a custom made 16 inch barrel and M1a scout flashhider for my m14. (however he is not going to do anymore of this so try not to bombard his email)

CIMG1114.jpg

CIMG1113.jpg

CIMG1112.jpg

CIMG1111.jpg

I have no idea why I put my 511 watch in there....

The only problem really is the fact tht the flashhider is missing three holes as this is made from the original hider and so a length of the hider at the front is need to connect the hider to the sight... hence it is 3 holes less than the real version...but since there are so many different muzzle for the real M14 there probably is one like this...

more pics to come after I spray it with krylon..

Edited by FUmiYAsu
What kind of sight is that in the gun. Looks great. O and nice gun.

:Dr_Evil:

thx

It's a ATN compact reflex sight. I think it's not quite worth the money it costs, you could save up another £60 and get a eotech...however it's a good sight, it has a light sensor tht automatically adjusts the brightness of the reticle and it has three reticle you can choose from by pressing the button. You can also get it to output the brightest setting. The thing is waterproof and solid. So overall it's nice, it's just a bit too expensive.

a little off topic...but nice gun though.

1.  How did you find DeeDee?  Where's he been all this time?

2.  Whatever happened to his small company on Arnies that made those Equilibrium pistols?

1. Through his website: http://freespace.virgin.net/voodoo.rifles/index.html

He's been making silencers for Real steels for his real company mostly I think.. But he still makes a few airsoft parts for free..

2. I didn't kno tht...Did you mean tht really long thread where he made loads of parts to give away for free?

LOVELY gun.  now u used the M14 as the base correct? very nice.  i'd put a scope on that thing though, then it would look sooooo deadly.  anyone who would see it would soil there pants.  or at least I kno i would :P

thx, it is a tm M14. I was palnning to put a scope on it...in fact I already brought the scope and mounts but I think I prefer something quicker to aim with...I think I will take some more pics today with a scope on...

atm, all i can say abt it is I love it... :D

Is anyone having problems with the hopup screw when disassembling? Because I broke mine the first time I disassemble it... I repaired it with super glue which seems to hold nicely but it just feels not quite rit...always get the fear of it breaking again...

More pics:

CIMG1124.jpg

CIMG1123.jpg

CIMG1122.jpg

CIMG1121.jpg

CIMG1120.jpg

CIMG1119.jpg

CIMG1118.jpg

CIMG1117.jpg

CIMG1116.jpg

CIMG1115.jpg

The other thing tht I found out is tht the purpose TM used a long outer barrel to house a shorter inner barrel was to suppress the sound, when using the new 16" barrel it's quite a bit louder...

Looks great, very unique, I'm sure there will be conversion kits out to do the same thing very soon, but you're one of the first.

I still despise those RAS' on the M14, but it's still a fantastic looking setup, from one tm m14 owner to another: THUMBS UP!

wow, the M14 is smaller than I thought it was. . . or maybe that's a really big hat . . .

nice gun mate ;)

interesting... it does looks rather small next to the hat... but i think it's just the angle...the gun is not wht u would call small...it's long and hard to maneuver around...tht y i had to shorten it..

thirded, lol. wow! that looks sooooooo awesome w/ that scope on. that is just gorgeous. i nearly wet my pants lookin at it hundreds of miles away, lol :P

that is THE most beautiful M14 mod I hav ever seen, maybe even the best airsoft gun I've ever seen! once again great job, +1