2011 Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure P14 is a 2011.

Actually it isn't... 2011 is an STI term which refers specifically to their patent [shared with SVI] on the modular plastic grip and corresponding frame, rather than any double stack 1911. But nice pics/gun anyway!

Now that is a nice combination, one I would not have thought of. Davidson Custom - better, worse, or on par with SD?

I would say it is just as good as an SD. The Davidson custom is a very high quality CNC 7075 Aluminum piece. The tolerances on the frame rails are tight though. The SD slides required no fitment to fit on either a stock TM frame or SD frame. To fit the Davidson slide on my SD frame I had to file down the sides of the frame rails. Although this is kind of a pain, I actually like doing fitment like this by hand so that the tolerances can be exactly as I prefer. The slide has 0% wobble yet cycles very smoothly now. I'm quite happy with Davidson's work.

The filing of the rails was the only fitting required. Everything else dropped in smoothly.

I also put a Proud recoil buffer spring in this bad boy to short stroke it. Double taps are sickly accurate and the feel is just superb.

Edited by ViciousV10s
Got to love the Kodiak slide, and the short stroking a Hi Capa. Are you running the FireFly guide rod with the Proud set up?

Thanks Ben. Yes I am runing the Firefly bearing recoil rod with the Proud buffer spring. I don't use the washer that came with the Proud buffer spring, my recoil spring is sitting straight on the Proud buffer spring. The Proud buffer spring sits on the Firefly bearing and spins nicely. The short stroke is so smooth and quick, Im loving it.

Minor update again to my Hi-Capa....mostly internal...

My original black hammer was wornout, so in my last batch of pic I had stock hammer on, now my new KM oval-type hammer is in(after some fitting), and other stuff were added as well. PDI/X-fire stainless 2 piece sear to go with the stainless KM hammer, and a stainless hammer strut....

The target in the pic is from 20 ft over 16 shots....on stock barrel and stock air seal chamber(next inline update), the gun is capable of better than I am capable of delivering it lol....

3303515b.jpg

3303515c.jpg

3303515d.jpg

you cut the outline of the gun before you "installed" the tactical drapes?

I cut the foam to the right shape to fit into the briefcase, then traced the magazines and gun onto the foam. Cut it out, then took a piece of fabric large enough to cover the area, with some to spare. Fit the gun and magazines into their slots, then trimmed the fabric to the case, tucked the edges in and stapled them.

bah, the pic ain't working....try again...(apparently you can't edit your post after sometime...)

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/6476/3303653a.jpg[/img

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/6476/3303653c.jpg[/img

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/6476/3303653d.jpg[/img

I have been curious to see how those long PDI comps would look for quite so time. Seems to work well.

I'm curious though, do you think that you could fit the equivalent of an 8" barrel inside of one?

well I have an 7" barrel now. And with that configuration the barrel is sitting at roughly the first vent slot. If I run the stock style bull barrel it'll fill the first vent slot. I say with the 8" you'll fill all the vent slots but the barrel will remain inside the comp. It looks like it has an inch and a bit more to spare...