Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out of interest, would it be illegal or would i have any problems if someone sent me a crye armour chases from the states? Im mean if customs got hold of it and opened it for any reason, where would i stand?

If UK Customs got it, you'd probably be fine. If US Customs caught it before it left the US, the sender might be in trouble as certain items are restricted.

Ah good, i had to get a medium short as they didnt have small reg. I thought it might of because it was too big that it swamps my neck, still ild be ok if i woke up one morning and i had growen another head.

Now for the combat pants, wish me luck.

Is that the new version with the fire retardant material or the old one with more of a under armour material?

That's the Under Armor material. The Fire Retardant material still isn't in stock at the consumer level. I believe it is still being tested on the front lines.

Ah good, i had to get a medium short as they didnt have small reg. I thought it might of because it was too big that it swamps my neck, still ild be ok if i woke up one morning and i had growen another head.

The general rule when it comes to the Crye Precision combat shirt is to buy one size up from your regular BDU size. For example, I normally wear a size Medium Short or Medium Regular BDU top. When it comes to the Combat Shirt, the Large Short is still a very tight fit on me.

Regarding the size of the Combat Shirt's Collar, it's pretty big, but so is the collar on the Field Shirt. The main difference being that you can cinch the field shirt's collar tighter because of the added velcro. One thing I often do, is zip the combat shirt's collar up all the way, and fold it down once like on a turtle neck sweater (or "jumper" for my fellow Brits). I've seen a few of the military personnel in the Future Force Warfighter program do that. It's pretty comfortable that way and IMHO looks cool.

-Alex

i am so very confused about the combat shirt design, is the elbow pad thing (the tan triangle) a part of the shirt or a part of the pads which i have to get seperatly.

Yeah... you have to get those separately. They are currently unavailable from Crye, and on ebay they usually go for a little less than $100. Pretty crazy huh? Most people don't realize that the pads come separately from both the shirt and pants. I've seen the knee pads go for almost $200 in the past!

They basically have a black padded part with the tan rubber triangle part sewn onto it. The black part is shoved into the pockets on the elbow, and the Tan rubber triangle stays on the outside of the shirt. Because those two parts of the elbow pads are sewn together, they wedge the lip of the elbow pocket which holds it in place. The pads also come with a velcro elastic strap which goes inside the shirt and straps down to your forearm to hold the pad in place. It's a very secure system. I've used my Combat BDUs for almost 2 years now, and in all that time, I've never had the knee or elbow pads slip out of place.

Edit: Here's an explanation I wrote back in March:

I don't have a pic off hand but here's the way both the knee and elbow pads work.

As you can see from the pic below, the black part of the knee pad is what protects your knee.  The tan part of the knee pad is made of hard and rugged plastic and is stitched onto the black part. You can even see the stitch line on the tan plastic going around the periphery of the plastic with about a 2/3" or 3/4" border around the edge.  This border is significant.

kc2fronttx4.jpg

The pocket for the knee pads that is stitched onto the front of the pants' knee area, has a hole in the front center of the pocket.  The whole in the pocket is exactly the same size and shape as that of the stitched edge of the tan part of the knee pads.

kc2frontalt3.jpg

The knee pads are inserted into the pants' knee pad pockets through this outer whole. Once the entire knee pad is forced in there, you keep the edge of the tan part of the knee pads on the outside of the pocket.  The edge of the hole in the knee pad pocket is essentially sandwiched between the tan part of the knee pads and the black part of the knee pads.  It's a really tight fit and can be a *badgeress* to install, but once it's in there it's very secure.  The elbow pads are the same way.

Hope that helps!  :)

Edited by uscmCorps

last time i asked for the crye field pants they said nooo way hosay. which was a bind becasue i want me some crye field pants.

and there is little or no chance in hell on getting the combat pats. so i suppose SKD pants will have to do for a while untill i can find something better.

i have scoured the web for elbow pads, i need them but im not going to pay £50 plus shipping for a pair