Multicam Pics!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Multicam is owned by Crye Associates.  Crye Precision is the manufacture and sales subsidiary of Crye Associates.  So in a roundabout way Crye Precision does own the Multicam pattern.  The armor components and various combat BDUs are a joint development between Crye Precision, Blackwater USA & Michaels of Oregon. Tru Spec and Propper buy fabric direct from Crye Precision.  There aren't any manufacturers out there producing the fabric other than Crye Precision.  The variances you see between different articles of clothing, especially between different clothing manufacturers is mostly due to variances during the fabric dying process.  Crye Precision has a hard time maintaining an identical dye job during each run.  Other variances people often see are due to the unique way the pattern is laid out: most patterns like woodland and DPM have a high degree of repeatability (i.e. You don't have to travel far across the fabric before the pattern is repeated).  Multicam on the other hand has low repeatability.  Then there's real versus fake multicam.  Fake multicam tends to be more saturated, brighter and the patterns are often sharper.

I see now, that was quite informative. So retailers like TAD and SKD Tactical sell real Crye Multicam, too? I need to get some SKD Multicam trousers...

I see now, that was quite informative.  So retailers like TAD and SKD Tactical sell real Crye Multicam, too?  I need to get some SKD Multicam trousers...

Yup, their BDUs are made out of real Crye Multicam Fabric. However, I don't feel that either one of those two manufacturers' BDUs are terribly noteworthy. They charge a lot more mostly because when they first came out there really wasn't any competition and when they had BDUs made, they made low quantities of BDUs. Then Propper and Tru Spec came along and they were able to make large volumes of the BDUs thereby lowering production costs which in turn lowered the per unit cost to the consumer (although possibly sacrificing QC slightly). Both TAD and SKD's BDUs are good quality and have nice little features but just because Propper and Tru Spec's are cheaper does not diminish their quality (they just have less features). I'd be curious to see someone adapt some Propper BDUs with Combat Knee and elbow pads.

here is another picture of me and my other buddy, notice how his is way more tan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/kil.../IMG_012422.jpg

That does look pretty green. Being that your BDUs are from Propper that means they are not made from rip-stop fabric (Tru Specs are made from rip-stop) which means it shouldn't hold the color quite as well. I'd recommend washing those several times in a row. You could even throw in a touch of bleach to lighten/fade them a bit (if you do fade them with bleach, follow all directions on the bottle). Multicam generally looks best when faded a bit.

Edited by uscmCorps

the combat shirt and trousers are actually in fact rip stop. Ya that was actually the first time I've used my new MC, i only washed it once before, so maybe more washing will help? but wont it make the pattern less effective if it is faded?

Taken from Propper site:

65% polyester / 35% cotton Battle Rip fabric.

Edited by kilfrg7864
the combat shirt and trousers are actually in fact rip stop. Ya that was actually the first time I've used my new MC, i only washed it once before, so maybe more washing will help? but wont it make the pattern less effective if it is faded?

Taken from Propper site:

65% polyester / 35% cotton Battle Rip fabric.

It might say Battle Rip Fabric, but is it actually rip stop? Take a close look at your fabric, does it have a grid like pattern woven into the fabric?

I own both a pair of the SKD and TAD pants and have worn the propper pants for a day. To be honest not allot of difference between the SKD and Propper, but TAD's force ten pants are amazing, nothing can compare, although I have never seen a pair of Crye field or R6 pants.

where can you get the TAD pants from?

TAD Gear. You generally have to buy direct from them. The only problem is that they do very short runs of their products. You kinda have to make sure you buy them within 3 weeks of it being released otherwise you have to wait for the next production cycle.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Kit list:

TQ cool bdu shirt

Crye combat pants biggrin.gif

BCS Multicam body armour

Hatch Hard Knuckle Tan

Warrior PLB belt

4 Custom Multicam doubles

2 Warrior doubles

Warrior medium utility

Dirty Dagger Multicam Folding dumper

Custom Multicam riggers belt

Converse warrior boots

To come:

6 Custom Multicam shingles for PLB belt

Warrior TMV vest tan (move doubles onto there from the belt)

Some kind of smock or softshell jacket in MC (hopefully)

Krylon AEG, Dropleg pistol holster and PLB belt buckle

Possibly Crye combat shirt if I can get one for a reasonable price

After that there’s not really much else I want to complete my MC Loadout

Nicely done. Does the shirt collar zip up all the way like a real Combat Shirt? And how hard do you think it would be to adapt the elbows to use Crye Combat Elbow Pads?

First of who made that combat shirt?

Second www.tadgear.com, and they have the force 10 pants in stock, but call to get the sizes.

The Combat Shirt is made by TacticalQuarterMaster

It appears to be accurate to the Gen 1 Combat Shirt, except it doesn't accept the Crye elbow pads.

TADGear only have the Force 10 Pants in the non-ripstop Multicam flavor, and in sizes XL-XXL at this time. It'll be a long wait till they get them back in decent sizes in stock.

combat shirt made by Tactical quartermaster. only got acu atm but getitng lots of sizes in mc soon. material match is very good compared to crye. good enough for me to sell my field shirt and use this instead.

Do you know if they run kinda small like the real ones do? For example, I wear a Medium Mil-Spec BDU shirt but I have to wear a Large Combat Shirt otherwise it is beyond uber tight. :blush: