Multicam Pics!

Buzzsaw, looks good for doing it on the cheap. The things I would suggest would be a MICH helmet at some point and knee pads. I would also maybe think about replacing your pouches at some point for some real deal.

RollingThunder, looks great as well. I like the Kurkspec underarmor shirt. The only thing I would suggest would be to replace your pouches with real deal multicam when you can.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you the crye gestapo, see any others making anything similar to multicam and it am reported.

i like the fact that poland has issued multicam to their troops, it means you can make a non US speshul forces loadout with multicam.....

Jesus... do we have to rehash this entire ordeal AGAIN!?!! The Multicam Pattern is internationally copyrighted. Making illegal copies of the pattern, even if you are in another country is illegal and is essentially theft. Does that not make sense to you? Look, I realize a lot of people are jaded by the fact that they can't buy real Multicam either because (1) Crye can't produce enough to meet demand, and/or (2) you're not based in the USA. Yes it's frustrating. But going off on Crye for being selfish, short sighted, whatever else, just because they're not cool with people stealing their patterns or not willing to sell to other countries is also a selfish mindset. They are a small private company. It is up to them who they will and will not sell their product too. Furthermore it is their right to protect their image and copyrights. Where does this not connect with you? If you were to invest time and money into a product, and someone else were to come along and rip you off and steal all your hard work, would you be angry? By your philosophy I guess you wouldn't. Apparently all your hard work and money is really public domain and you should STFU for bitching about someone trying to steal your $#!T. Hmmm... that doesn't really sound right does it? And if it does, then I have nothing more to say to you.

Am I the Crye Gestapo? Heck no (I take offense to that BTW, A-hole). I simply read up on things, try and get as well informed as possible, and think of things from other people's POV and not just my own (something which you apparently haven't mastered. Good luck with that). Do I know Crye, well kinda I do. I know a few of their reps really well. It's easy for you to blast an entire company when you've never met the people who work there, understand how hard they work, etc. When you meet them, it becomes a lot more personal and for some (again, not you obviously) you get a certain level of respect that they're trying to produce something their own, something that someday may save the lives of their loved ones currently serving abroad.

"Gestapo", by that you imply that I go and tell on people with every infraction that I see out there. That is not even remotely the case. I have never rat-ed on anyone or any company out there for their theft of the Multicam pattern or designs. I've never bothered because, (1) it's none of my business, and (2) I know sooner or later Crye will find out about the infraction and will seek legal options to stop it. Me hearing about the Polish situation was when I called up my friend at Crye to catch up, and briefly the topic of copyright infractions that were taking place across the world came up. It came up in conversation unsolicited, and I was told about a handful of countries involved, one of which was Poland (which at the time I was completely unaware of). Then perusing various boards over the following weeks, I came across one thread mentioning how a Polish Company was illegally copying the multicam pattern for actual military use. End of story.

You may want to get your own facts straight next time before you go labeling someone you've never met before. That's called "ignorant". Whereas me calling you an a-hole... that's not ignorant. That's fact.

RollingThunder, looks great as well. I like the Kurkspec underarmor shirt.  The only thing I would suggest would be to replace your pouches with real deal multicam when you can.

I'm going to start loading the CIRAS with the occasional pouch from onpatrol that way when i come to buy a genuine MC plate carrier i wont have to wait for the pouches.onpatrols multibuy deal will bring their platecarrier with in affordable reach,i'm not bothered about low profile rigs as it's very doubtful i'll be getting in & out of vehicles during a game so i'll go for onpatrols double mag pouches.I have actually got a real deal replacement plan for all my main loadouts{obviously the airsoft guns stay :P }.Eventually with all loadouts,it's the details that count.

Ok, so we have all these fantastic loadouts completed by guys wearing all real-deal kit...but what about when you're doing it on the cheap? Rolling-Thunder has proved that it's very do-able and can still look great...so here's my attempt. (Sorry for any bad poses and for bits of black, not got any Krylon yet :P).

p1000579ml8.jpg

p1000571xq9.jpg

p1000572ly4.jpg

p1000581ro1.jpg

KIT-LIST

-PASGT Helmet + Replica MC Helmet Cover

-NVG Mount & Arm

-Bolle X800 Goggles

-Replica Multicam BDU

-Replica Multicam Chest Rig (x3 Double M4 pouch, Admin panel, Radio pouch, Utility pouch)

-Nomex Flight Gloves Tan

-Tracpac Desert Boots.

So yeah. Highly in-extensive list compared to most people, but meh!

What's next then?

Starting to buy the real stuff!  :D

you should get multicam leg rigs

uscmCorps - can you give any link to site where you find quote about ADROPOL SA?

It's over at DIYTactical forums. You may have to register.

And another question, what's Crye gonna do about it when they are ignored by the Polish military.

Probably nothing they can do to the Polish military, but they can sue the Polish company that ripped them off. Either way, it's none of my business. I'm just stating info I've learned from various sources.

Knock off the hostility and name calling. If someone posts something you find offensive it does not give you the right to be offensive back. Hit the report button, let us deal with it before we have to deal with you.

On with the pictures...

Will do. I've nothing more to say on the matter.

Edited by uscmCorps

One thing

Actually "they" scanned MC, reduced pattern by one color, darkened other colours, reduced the scale and report of the print and consulted the lawyers to omit the copyright issues. They named it "Suez" to be exact. But the final effect is hard to distingush.

The fabric is very good - I've seen it made in two gramatures 220 and 240g rip-stop (50/50).

And all that fuzz because GROMicks fancied the MC but couldn't get it from the States.

Nevertheless I fully agree we "acted China" on this one...

Read Arafat's post above. Apparently they modified it enough for it to not qualify as a copy in legal terms, even though the difference is hardly distinguishable in real life.

And on the EU rules... countries ignore those all the time. Nobody ever gets punished for it, because none of the other members want the Union to weaken with in-fighting. Chances are, the Polish company would ignore Crye's C&D because the military wants to keep being supplied, and the world wouldn't give a rat's *albartroth*. ;)

Edited by alpha54
Actually "they" scanned MC, reduced pattern by one color, darkened other colours, reduced the scale and report of the print and consulted the lawyers to omit the copyright issues. They named it "Suez" to be exact. But the final effect is hard to distingush.

The fabric is very good - I've seen it made in two gramatures 220 and 240g rip-stop (50/50).

And all that fuzz because GROMicks fancied the MC but couldn't get it from the States.

Nevertheless I fully agree we "acted China" on this one...

Reducing the scale of the pattern won't save them. A pattern is still a pattern regardless of size. Not sure what reducing the "report" of the pattern means though.

Darkening colors can be construed by a good lawyer as the result of a bad copying job as is the omitting of any one color. I'd be surprised if those points alone would get them out of all copyright issues. And saying that ADROPOL could care less about Crye going after them because they're safely tucked away in Poland doesn't seem true either based on the fact that they went to some effort to modify the pattern and consult with lawyers about the possible legal issues they might incur. People who aren't worried about that sort of thing wouldn't have bothered with all that effort and would have just copied the entire pattern as is (e.g. Multisham). It'll be interesting to see if Crye has enough grounds to win a case in this matter as it appears to be less clear cut than others have been.

If the pattern is altered even a little bit I doubt there is anything they can do, they hold the patent for multicam not anything that looks remotely like multicam even if based upon it, DPM/US woodland, Cadpat/Marpat flecktarn/vomit :)

Anyway, I'm moving off MC onto pastures more urban, so if you know any "large" (xxl) peeps wanting Genuine crye combat short with pads (combat type) MC skd made trous send em my way :) neer worn outside of trying it on and taking a pic, never got round to skirmishing this year :P

I heard it was to do with Crye refusing to make covers for the Interceptor in Multicam instead trying to push their Armoured Chasis.

The fact that the Polish could have adopted it by purchasing Truspec or Propper BDUs doesnt seem to make much sence tho (unless they really are no good for real steal or it was cheaper to make their own nock off)

What kind of drop pouch are you looking for again??

Like a Dump pouch or a Drop leg??

I have a suggestion for either. :)

For the subload any of these are nice:

http://www.skdtac.com/index.asp?PageAction...ATS&Category=42

I have a friend with the HSGI double mag pouch and gas mask and he loves them

For a dump pouch i really like this:

http://www.rstacticalgear.com/pd_bds_tacti...tacker_roll.cfm

And of those on either link you can get in MC.

Edited by ferretkiller