My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Jeeves, the electric stunning muskets. The peasants have broken through again".

"Sir, those are the paying visitors to your manor house".

"Bugger".

And as this is the RAEG thread I have one. Neighbour above me gets back in at 12am and then proceeds to spend about half an hour watching an episode of Only Fools and Horses, while drunk (I assume) and begins quoting and singing along with it in the loudest possible voice. There is me with my window open trying to get some sleep while not wanting to close the window as then my room would be too bloody warm. So people eh, might just have to retaliate by watching something load and irritating at full volume at one in the morning (it is only me and them, the downstairs flat is unoccupied and the ones to the left and right of me are near sound proof).

'FireKnife'

I used to live next to a neighbour that was like that. They moved in at 11.30 pm and started putting up shelves with drills and stuff, so we knew they were gonna be trouble.

They were proper scum though. They asked us if we'd let their dog mate with ours (both pure bred staffies), and when we said no, our dog got mysteriously stolen out of the back garden, mated, then turned in at the police station. Then they had the cheek to come and ask for a pick of the litter. A litter which, no surprises, was pure staffie and coloured exactly like their dog.

When we moved out we left a small cd player hooked up to an old car battery in the loft right up against the vent between our loft and theirs, playing the first Spice Girls album loudly on repeat.

We didn't half laugh, knowing that they'd essentially have that coming down through their bedroom ceilings for potentially a whole week.

Ah you have to love the scum tenants.

But for me they don't seem too bad as they are out most of the time anyway and their lounge seems to be avove my kitchen so I don't have to listen to as much noise since I am only in the kitchen when I need to be.

Plus they haven't complained to me about anything yet though I don't really give them cause to.

'FireKnife'

So, the Very Important System out in Brussels decided to *suitcase* itself in seven colors, the weather is awful but it's still not hot enough to warrant letting us out of work earlier, and I want to throw up.

A *fruitcage* marvellous day.

That reminds me, I am being summoned to Brussels in two weeks.

The reason this is not in the happy thread is that I am only going to be in the hotel or Diegem office and they didn't give me enough time so I could book a day trip to Bruges too while I am there, damn.

'FireKnife'

Also, a thing I cannot comprehend: why are some internet shops run by people who have no *fruitcage* clue about trading on the Internet?
1. That thing with those police badges. The guy's "shop" looked like a *fruitcage* Geocities page from the 1990s. I had to e-mail him about the order, poke him several times to check if he hasn't died of cancer yet (as he stated on the shop's page that he had cancer), and only by some miracle he had PayPal figured out. Took him a month to issue the invoice, but then the shipping went pretty fast.
2. Another one actually got as far as to put up a real shopping interface. That doesn't work on Firefox, doesn't send any order confirmations, calculate postage nor issue invoices automatically. All it does is asking about your address and that's it.
3. The difference between this guy and the previous one is that here, the interface actually works on Firefox. Or at least doesn't claim that it doesn't. And I think it even guesstimates postage. But still, no confirmations, no invoices, no automated feedback to assure you that your order didn't wind up under the desk or behind the file cabinet.

And the one common thing about all three? They're run by ZEE GAYRMANS!

Not all Germans are efficient industrialists and businessmen you know :P.

Though for some reason my last Lego set came with both stickers for Police and Polizei. Do I want a random German unit amongst my other English speaking ones? Why not, they can have the female cop too. :D

'FireKnife'

That reminds me, I am being summoned to Brussels in two weeks.

The reason this is not in the happy thread is that I am only going to be in the hotel or Diegem office and they didn't give me enough time so I could book a day trip to Bruges too while I am there, damn.

'FireKnife'

Aww, man. You're gonna miss out on the alcoves.

I just got sone free *suitcase* from my tool supplier. Which was nice!

Fireknife, stop sniggering at 'tool supplier'...

I was more laughing at the idea of somewhat literally giving you their 'free *suitcase*' (and also free suitcase too :P).

Aww, man. You're gonna miss out on the alcoves.

That and blinding thugs, killing vertically challenged people and calling fat Americans 'elephants' in an Irish accent.

'FireKnife'

I had to chow down a particularly vulgar shworm*. I get the feeling that it's going to disagree with me in the middle of the night.

* me and my buddies have a habit of calling cheap shawarma "vulgar shworm". What can I do, there's a cheap shawarma joint right across the street from my place... And I was hungry.

Some clients are just complete *albartrotheth*. I've never wanted to stab anyone in the face with a screwdriver quite so much as this captain on here. A month adrift is too long when the company refuses to give you updates, and the captain goes out of his way to make your team's lives harder.

Thank Odin I'm getting off in an hour or so.

Taser is the thing there is an acronym for, it is what the original was called.

You can buy things called tazers though.

Both are "correct".

"To tase" has retroactively become a verb.

Lazer is never right.

Light Amplification by the Stimulated Emission of Radiation.

Found out about the "Wolf Guard" edition of the new Space Wolf Codex. Super excited.

But its £150 and I don't really have any disposable to blow on something that cool but unnecessary. I'm considering selling some airsoft kit, but I love it all. Curse my crappy paid job.

Some clients are just complete *albartrotheth*. I've never wanted to stab anyone in the face with a screwdriver quite so much as this captain on here. A month adrift is too long when the company refuses to give you updates, and the captain goes out of his way to make your team's lives harder.

Thank Odin I'm getting off in an hour or so.

Apply a scuttling charge to the hull before you leave.

That, or toss all of the sod's possessions over the side while still in international waters.

Had to waste one of my last paychecks on a parking permit, bus pass, and a load of random books for fall semester.  Was slightly hoping I would not have to spend the entire paycheck, but of course even random books are sold out at most places.

Ah well, after doing that and paying my last semester off myself, I feel motivated to actually get stuff for myself with my final check after I leave the golf course for good.

In my case, it is a bunch of older books where to buy them from a site directly or brand new anywhere else is 2-3 times more than getting a used one from another, but the standard shipping for so many books like that adds up.

Do not even get me started on trying to copy anything.

Language books, especially when the class requires a code for an online part, are perhaps the most rip off books available.  Close second is coursepacks, which are by far the most useless paperweights ever.  I do find it funny how many of my courses over the years have had me buying the books written by the course professors themselves, as if I wasn't paying them enough already.

Screen on my old Galaxy S finally has a crack, after about four years of dropping it.

Annoyingly I can't upgrade my contract. Considering deliberately avoiding a smartphone next. Depends how much repairing the screen will set me back I guess

Archived