My eye! Sweet Jesus, Ouch!

Sledge

No, wait a minute, moment of clarity :P.

However the part about ring fingers over IDs is too true. Keep seeing attractive mid-20-somethings and then low and behold, rather expensive ring on finger.

Not a 100% sign as they might just like that ring or have a lot of money to buy it offhand but still. Saying that at least chatting up a married girl isn't as wrong as chatting up one that is underage :D.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear, people come to work thinking it is social hour at a bar or party.

Got into work 5 minutes early this morning, had the 4 cables of wire pulled off the carts before the other two "workers" even showed up.  Spent the most of the three hours running about trying to keep things in order.

One of the two, the girl that always gets chatted up, worked last night, and I almost booted her out when I found out that not only did she and one of the lads not clear the front of the range tee box (which the grounds crew mow Wednesday mornings), but several of the carts they set up for today huge outing had either bits of trash still in them, or in one particular case a bit of mud over the floor boards (which I had to get a bucket of water and a rag to clear off).  The apparent excuse is that the last carts came in late last night, which is .  You can pick the range in the dark, or even before then while waiting for the last few carts, and you always clean a cart worth a damn before you park it for an outing.

I get the sinking feeling that they ignored my directive to top off every single cart so that we do not get delays today when the outing comes in.  We got to clean them quickly to turn them all around for the leagues.

Probably be shouting in German when I go back in, about the only way to make the work go by.

You clearly need a new job :P.

I recall those days of jobs and how much I hated them but when I took the tme to look for something else it suddenly makes you realise that leaving somewhere is sometimes the best thing you can do.

'FireKnife'

We had a delivery of parts in last month which has been kept aside to rebuild scrap units into saleable ones. Some of this stock has been used to fulfil warranty and paid parts orders, and the manager was keeping a list of what was taken from this delivery.

Was.

He stopped keeping track of it, and now I have to count the whole *bramston pickle* delivery again, right down to the nuts and washers.

Shop has sold out of Judge Dredd Megazine. Small annoyance, but it is an annoyance none the less.

Ah the old am engaged routine. I use to say that to people who were getting a little fresh and I had no interest in, their response was normally 'So?!'. Classy girl (or guy if I was that way inclined).

Not a 100% sign as they might just like that ring or have a lot of money to buy it offhand but still. Saying that at least chatting up a married girl isn't as wrong as chatting up one that is underage :D.

wtf

Probably be shouting in German when I go back in, about the only way to make the work go by.

wtf

Well it isn't as bad as the 'amazing world of internet dating'.

Seriously I have female friends that tell me all about some of the things they get sent by people and the reasons why they don't bother anymore.

Yeah I know I use it for finding like minded people that just want a bit of fun in their lives but at least I am honest about it with them and they with me. Some people just seem to spam ask "fancy a *fruitcage*" until they get a reply.

wtf

Chatting up someone under the age of 16 is worse than chatting up someone is married. Did I really have to spell that out? One is morally wrong and the other is morally wrong and can lead to something illegal, ergo worse.

'FireKnife'

I think he means, if you think either is okay, is bad. So as the song says 'Don't do it' (bit of white lines for you on Wednesday afternoon).

Got to go online to buy a magazine (comic actually), which means either buy a digital copy (which I *fruitcage* hate) or pay extra for a delivered magazine. Suppose I could wait till some come on eBay second hand, but I really don't like being second hand comics (I enjoy that new magazine smell. Well, it's not a magazine but a comic).

I am too focussed on not crashing an ATM to care :D.

But yes both are bad and I have never been after either. I have had a girl that is in the process of mutually agreed divorce but never one that is 'happily' married.

As for minors, I have few limits and stuff that is illegal is definitely one of them.

'FireKnife'

So I ordered four potentiometer knobs, two for the rotating switches and two for normal potentiometers on my project.

Potentiometer knobs are too big, switch knobs are too small.

This is gotta be some sick joke.

My wife was married when we first started dating...

To a cheating *wheelbarrow* who belittled her at every opportunity, treated her like *suitcase* and expected her dad to bankroll them. She caught him cheating a month before her and I got together, and used it as the excuse she needed to file for divorce so he wouldn't get a penny of her house.

Sometimes 'married' doesn't mean happy.

Edit, heh, wheelbarrow!

I love the swear filter. :D

Oh, angry thread.

My apprentice is off on block release so i'll be on my own in the department. Irritating but livable with. 

The week after, he's been instructed by the owner of the company to cover someone else's holiday at another branch.

I've pre-booked my annual stock take for that Friday - Monday. I've been graciously allowed to have him back for Friday to help out.

Until the following Monday, where he goes back to the other branch to cover them still.

Until the next week, where he's back on block release for his apprenticeship.

So I'll be running at 50% staff for 4 weeks solid, while preparing for a stock take, balancing the targets and purchases for two brands and doing all of the other stuff that two people usually do.

Oh, how I love my job.

This time yesterday I was at Lake Garda, sipping a cool ice tea on the balcony. Watching the evening sun dance on the rocks, making the mountains themselves appear lambent.

Right now I am watching two sunburnt shirtless chavs having a shouting match in the street.

*sigh*

I think it's fair to say married doesn't always mean 'happy' nor does being in a relationship equals happy. But intentionally chatting someone up who is married (not knowing if they are or are not in a happy loving caring relationship) is poor form.

Had to go to three shops to get Jaffa Cakes. That's a mini rant right there.

I think it's fair to say married doesn't always mean 'happy' nor does being in a relationship equals happy. But intentionally chatting someone up who is married (not knowing if they are or are not in a happy loving caring relationship) is poor form.

Had to go to three shops to get Jaffa Cakes. That's a mini rant right there.

Her and I were very good friends, have been for 17 years now. They went away on an expensive holiday, and it came out there that he was cheating. They came home and she booted him out. He had the cheek to ask for a lift to the train station as he can't drive. He also asked for half of the cost of the holiday as it was her fault it went to *suitcase*...

Anyway, heard what happened, and I had come out of a dead relationship, so offers help/support/whatever as life had kicked us both a bit, and we started meeting up for drinks, food etc. I didn't have any ulterior motives at this time as I knew she would be all over the place, and had never shown any interest.

But, things progressed with us, and it all came out how he had treated her behind closed doors, and then decided to fight her for every penny he could, tried to stiff her out of her own house and wanted a huge lump sum from her dad to 'go away quietly'.

The guy is a *wheelbarrow* of the highest order, and *fruitcage* him. He lost a lot of his family as a result, friends too, and now lives in a *suitcasey* little place in the *albartroth* end of nowhere. He fully deserved a kicking for what he did, which fortunately I managed to hold back on - it would have ruined my career - and I have no sympathy.

They were only married on paper as the divorce was going through, but he even managed to drag that out for 6 months longer than it should have taken.

Like I said, *wheelbarrow*, and I have no regrets. Her and I are very happily married, live in a decent area and have a bloody awesome 10 month old baby boy who is absolutely fearless. I don't regret a thing :)

Like I said, if you go up to someone (stranger) who has a wedding ring on and you try to chat them up, it's poor form. That's in a bar, club whatever. Not, falling for someone you know, who is in a terrible situation, that's different and let's be honest that should be obvious that it's different.

Happy you both are in a loving relationship and that it all worked out.

I honestly never saw myself as the settling down type or wanting children for that matter. Always enjoyed my own company and liked the single life style (not sleeping around, but the fact there is only you in decision making).

I thought 24 airs on Mondays globally, or is it different?  Been watching it with me mum the day after it airs, since she likes to record it.  I swear the only reason I've bothered to watch is because of the setting.

I'm honestly not sure where I stand on chatting up married women/men while out and about.

On the one hand, if you can see a ring, clearly you're overstepping your mark a bit. On the other, if you trust your spouse, you've nothing to worry about. Might even work out well for you if they then get a confidence boost from being hit on.

Speaking as a married man, I trust my wife implicitly. I didn't, and she didn't me, marriage would be tough

Archived